• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Devil May Cry 5 not running/running poorly on base PS4, help?

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to playing this game, and I don’t know why, but my base PS4 (bought in 2014) is barely able to run it (from external storage) and it’s causing a lot of issues:
  • Loading between anything: cutscenes, exiting/entering menus, etc., takes three minutes or more.
  • No sound at all coming from the cutscenes, either from my TV or my controller.
  • Freezing happening frequently at random moments within the game.
  • I’ll play the game for half an hour, a screen will pop up telling me the data’s corrupted, I reinstall, and the same thing happens again.
  • PS4 making really loud sounds.
This was from a new copy I bought on Day 1 too. I’m barely able to play the game because of these problems, any help on how to solve these issues?

Last edited:
OP
OP
King of Dreamland
Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried your exact copy on another console? Maybe try the demo to see if the same problems happen.
When I played the demo it worked fine :(

Do you experience similar issues with other games?

If yes: do a full initialise

If no: reinstall the game
This seems pretty irregular, first thing I'd try is to rebuild databse.
Don’t those two procedures pretty much delete everything off your PS4?

And I’ve done reinstalls, but the issue persists. Heck, even copying the game onto the console takes 12 minutes, compared to the usual seconds.

Oct 28, 2017
When I played the demo it worked fine :(

Don’t those two procedures pretty much delete everything off your PS4?

And I’ve done reinstalls, but the issue persists. Heck, even copying the game onto the console takes 12 minutes, compared to the usual seconds.
rebuilding database does not erase your data

but if copying the game takes 12 minutes then yeah, as previously mentioned, it may be a sign that your HDD is on its last legs.