• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to playing this game, and I don't know why, but my base PS4 (bought in 2014) is barely able to run it (from external storage) and it's causing a lot of issues:
  • Loading between anything: cutscenes, exiting/entering menus, etc., takes three minutes or more.
  • No sound at all coming from the cutscenes, either from my TV or my controller.
  • Freezing happening frequently at random moments within the game.
  • I'll play the game for half an hour, a screen will pop up telling me the data's corrupted, I reinstall, and the same thing happens again.
  • PS4 making really loud sounds.
This was from a new copy I bought on Day 1 too. I'm barely able to play the game because of these problems, any help on how to solve these issues?

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Have you tried your exact copy on another console? Maybe try the demo to see if the same problems happen.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
This seems pretty irregular, first thing I'd try is to rebuild databse.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried your exact copy on another console? Maybe try the demo to see if the same problems happen.

When I played the demo it worked fine :(

Do you experience similar issues with other games?

If yes: do a full initialise

If no: reinstall the game
This seems pretty irregular, first thing I'd try is to rebuild databse.

Don't those two procedures pretty much delete everything off your PS4?

And I've done reinstalls, but the issue persists. Heck, even copying the game onto the console takes 12 minutes, compared to the usual seconds.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
When I played the demo it worked fine :(

Don't those two procedures pretty much delete everything off your PS4?

And I've done reinstalls, but the issue persists. Heck, even copying the game onto the console takes 12 minutes, compared to the usual seconds.

rebuilding database does not erase your data

but if copying the game takes 12 minutes then yeah, as previously mentioned, it may be a sign that your HDD is on its last legs.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I play on PS4 slim and it runs extremely well and definitely does not take that long to load so its something to do with your setup.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I played it on a base PS4, bought in 2013 and used almost daily, and had none of those issues.

Sounds like a problem with your HDD or the console.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
A very similar thing happened to me with FFXV years ago. My HDD shit the bed a month or two later! Maybe back up some saves just to be on the safe side (if you have any important ones, anyway!).