• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Im not sure i liked the Gold orb/Red orb revive system i preferred the Vital Stars wich are expensive and harder to find , just that combined with the easier difficulties feels like there is no much punishment for dying at least i remember using the old healing items on 'extreme cases. Now its if i feel like retrying.
Also i get a Gold Orb everytime i start the game

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
31wcSrH.gif

That tower falling in the background was golden.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Which would you rather NOT fight?

3 Empresses (enraged)
3 Judecca
3 Proto Angelos
3 Behemoths
3 Furies

EDIT: 3 Nobodies

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
either judecca or furies. Though i think furies are alright, because at least once you get them into a combo state they mostly don't flip out of it too much. judecca basically phase once they get hit into knockback and it's super annoying.

I should probably learn their ground rules, cos sometimes I feel like you can shoot them out of things and sometimes you can't, sometimes they stagger and sometimes they knockback...

/edit okay i think this has it

to summarise, judecca will tech out of airborn or knockback instantly once they exit hitstun, but don't if you crumple them.

Last edited:

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I spent a lot of time practicing against furies so I feel fairly comfortable fighting them. Think Jintor said it before but they are actually fairly predictable so even two or three with practice you can keep a hold on.

Judecca are annoying fuckers cause they often don't come to you, you have to spend time chasing after them and the random-ish teleport timing can be frustrating.

I would pick 3 Judecca. Though 3 Proto Angelos sounds like utter tedium.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the thing about furies i've learned after a lot of BP is: most of the time they just spend fucking around looking dramatic and are actually safely ignorable.

it's actually the stupid nobodies i've learned to get annoyed at because i haven't learned their tells properly yet. But at least they take damage all the time and don't phase into the fucking void or whatever when they feel like it. Bastards.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You know, despite all the cool weapons Dante has, after 4 damn games I keep resorting to just Sword, Fist, pistol and explosive

Oh yeah, Nobodies, I knew I've forgotten something.

3 Nobodies would be my pick. Buggers don't get stun locked.

Oct 28, 2017
So there are some great and some less great but still pretty solid tracks in the OST, but boy I'm still salty about what Cerberus ended up with.
They deliberately tease Frozen doggy treat during the cutscene and then we got this hardstyle rave earrape with Dr. Wily's castle (?) and the Pokémon theme in it? Like what's up with that? Am I missing something?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Am I missing something about the nightmare summon? I've been under the impression that his summon animation is random and therefore the damage it causes comes at a random time, yet I see him using it a combo video. Is there some way to manipulate which summon animation you get?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Am I missing something about the nightmare summon? I've been under the impression that his summon animation is random and therefore the damage it causes comes at a random time, yet I see him using it a combo video. Is there some way to manipulate which summon animation you get?

Not exactly.

Nightmare only has one animation when you summon it in the Void.

The one where it breaks through reality.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Not exactly.

Nightmare only has one animation when you summon it in the Void.

The one where it breaks through reality.
Ah that makes more sense. I really do wish there was some way to guarantee a certain summon animation with different inputs. Obviously the meteor strike one is the most effective, maybe it's on a cooldown of some sort. I'll have to play around with that later with super v.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really wished they kept the save slots profile.

They also took them out from DMC4 with it's SE which was a bummer.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
what would you use as a nero fury parry if you have no arms that make it easy (overture, gerbera etc) and don't want to explode your current arm? his forward-back-strike might be ok...?

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
what would you use as a nero fury parry if you have no arms that make it easy (overture, gerbera etc) and don't want to explode your current arm? his forward-back-strike might be ok...?

Ya Shuffle (back forward) was what I learned to do against Furies are Nero. Practiced it a bit in Void and can execute fairly reliably in standard play.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Long story short i got through all of Dantes BP yesterday only to lose to Vergil despite him being 1 hit away from death. I guess i was foolish to think that might does not control everything and that i could protect myself without strength.
I got my salty runback albeit i finished the 2nd run through at 4am

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

" Take control of one of Devil May Cry™'s iconic demon hunters, Dante, Nero, Trish, or even the newest addition to the series, the mysterious V. "

That's right, only iconic demon hunters here.

Payline

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Oh man nailed bloody palace as Nero on my first try. This game gets the blood pumping. The last boss rush was intense. Is it normal to not get healed inbetween Urizen 2 and 3? I had to spend a few min regaining health but spamming lvl3 gunshots and circling the room while I let DT heal me. I even no damaged the triple fury fight.

Afterwards all I could think is, how the hell is V gonna do this shit?

I wish the DMC5 Vergil's coat was purchasable, I love long coats I would wear it (the DmC one too, without the blue band on the arm though). I love his DMC5 boots too.
Fashion May Cry! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maybe that'll come later. For now just dress up as V – half way there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DmC Vergil's coat is pretty fine, yes. Although I don't like the asymmetrical length.
DMC5 though, that's another big no from me. The Ex colors make it a bit better, but not my choice nevertheless. The boots are strange, the pants are dreadful – and don't get me started on that vest. The material alone, it seems to be made of, creeps me out. What is this thing? The coat alone seems ok, but I dislike the new design of the collar.
The problem is, it already reached perfection in 3, so every redesign seems like a downgrade. I once saw a quite decent one of his coat, but shit costs around 150€ and then just to look at it?
I can't even bring myself to buy that stupid sweater I could actually wear just for fun. :o (And I don't really like to order from that far away, anyway. )
" Take control of one of Devil May Cry™'s iconic demon hunters, Dante, Nero, Trish, or even the newest addition to the series, the mysterious V. "

That's right, only iconic demon hunters here.
Lady who?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Flamed out on Floor 96 with Nero. My fucking wrists are killing me.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Question for the experts: could I back up my local save and replay Bloody Palace from where I was, or is it online-dependent? I haven't started yet, and I'd like to know in advance. Suspending the session is nice, though I don't know how many times would I be willing to repeat if after 50 or 60 minutes if I was to lose.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Question for the experts: could I back up my local save and replay Bloody Palace from where I was, or is it online-dependent? I haven't started yet, and I'd like to know in advance. Suspending the session is nice, though I don't know how many times would I be willing to repeat if after 50 or 60 minutes if I was to lose.

I've 99% certain it's not online dependent so the save scumming method should work.

It's easy enough to test out anyway.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Split is pretty good as well for fury parries, unless he does the rising slash. I usually use split unless it disappears and shuffle if it goes straight forward without red blade blur after-effects.
Oh man nailed bloody palace as Nero on my first try. This game gets the blood pumping. The last boss rush was intense. Is it normal to not get healed inbetween Urizen 2 and 3? I had to spend a few min regaining health but spamming lvl3 gunshots and circling the room while I let DT heal me. I even no damaged the triple fury fight.

Nice job! Yeah that's normal. That urizen stretch is quite sketchy if you aren't good at all 3 of those fights. Especially since the last form has so much hp.
I haven't really labbed Furies with V, but surprisingly enough I didn't have any problems with them on either of my 2 V runs. I pretty much just jumped around and looked to set up skewer hits with either griffon's dive or royal fork when they are vulnerable. Popping DT for some random lucky hits was pretty effective also.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

V has to basically Royal Fork and Skewer the fuck out of Furies as quickly and as constantly as possible. I no damaged the triple Fury fight with him.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I still haven't played the game, but my Spotify Discover Weekly playlist this week kicked off with this track and I just dig the hell out of it

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Snausages already confirmed it, but I'd add to what was said: you can back up your local save and have an "easy" Retry option at Bloody Palace. Good for whenever your patience runs out.

They could have implemented that in-game using Gold Orbs.

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
Snausages already confirmed it, but I'd add to what was said: you can back up your local save and have an "easy" Retry option at Bloody Palace. Good for whenever your patience runs out.

They could have implemented that in-game using Gold Orbs.
Thank god for this. I got to level 100 yesterday and died and was like, no way I'm doing that again.

Also why on earth can't I turn off HDR in this game?
I'd like to try gaming mode on my tv for ultimate style, but as long as the HDR signal is sent my tv will always switch its mode and lock itself

Sep 20, 2018
Man, it's been several weeks and I'm loving this game more and more! It's really hard to go back to playing anything other than DMC for me. Everything else is just too slow and doesn't give me the same rush.

I just wish there was more...

What are the chances of more DLC? Is Itsuno's new project- as well as the recent DLC pack that basically gives away all the extra content in a bundle- an indicator that Itsuno and the team are 100% done with DMC5 and on to new things, or is there any hope for more content, do you folks think? And whatever became of all that data-mining that suggested Vergil was playable?

I'd love a weapon pack- Agni & Rudra with double sword form and a 'Queen Nevan' with a guitar, scythe, and saxophone or violin form (ever since Itsuno mentioned a Nevan follow-up with another form, I've been wanting it). That would be the dream. But I get that more weapons are pretty much 100% not happening, especially with how complicated it would make Irregular Full Custom- switching between 7 weapons is already quite a bit, but 8? 9? 10? Crazy (in a good way, but I doubt they'd do it).

But anyway, what are the chances of DLC, do you guys think?

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Man, it's been several weeks and I'm loving this game more and more! It's really hard to go back to playing anything other than DMC for me. Everything else is just too slow and doesn't give me the same rush.

I just wish there was more...

What are the chances of more DLC? Is Itsuno's new project- as well as the recent DLC pack that basically gives away all the extra content in a bundle- an indicator that Itsuno and the team are 100% done with DMC5 and on to new things, or is there any hope for more content, do you folks think? And whatever became of all that data-mining that suggested Vergil was playable?

I'd love a weapon pack- Agni & Rudra with double sword form and a 'Queen Nevan' with a guitar, scythe, and saxophone or violin form (ever since Itsuno mentioned a Nevan follow-up with another form, I've been wanting it). That would be the dream. But I get that more weapons are pretty much 100% not happening, especially with how complicated it would make Irregular Full Custom- switching between 7 weapons is already quite a bit, but 8? 9? 10? Crazy (in a good way, but I doubt they'd do it).

But anyway, what are the chances of DLC, do you guys think?
Dlc will probably come years down the road when a SE comes out next gen.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just wanted to chime in and say this:

After finishing Sekiro I went back to this and tried bloody palace. Just by playing the game I had the biggest smile on face. The type of smile that no other game gave me this year. It is so much fun to just play. I love it so much.

Have a nice day :)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dlc will probably come years down the road when a SE comes out next gen.

Yeah I've been thinking that's why Matt keeps saying there's no more DLC.

They know they will make more money if they make a DMC5SE instead.

And Vergil will be the main attraction as usual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New Dante tech discovered:

Related to his two teleports Air Trick and Ground Trick. Using jump cancel near an enemy allows cancellation of frames for better positioning and combo set ups. Absolute game changer long term for Dante.

Now THIS I like! Dante legitimately Vergil now, the full package of fast teleports and summon swords!