Devil May Cry 5 |OT| It's been 11 years since we last met. Where does the time go? [Now on Xbox Gamepass]

Mar 5, 2019
Has been a feature of action games since like Ninja Gaiden. This is so that enemies don't attack you from off screen which can feel unfair or bull shit to the average player. DMC1 was notorious for off screen attacks because of its fixed camera.

However, developers should at least have enemies try to get within the camera range and then attack.. many DMC5 enemies don't even want to do that much.
Yeah I seem to remember the enemies in Bayonetta would make an attempt to get into view, but that game already had more aggressive enemies.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Hand did it well, you could see the enemies actively trying to get into the camera.

Also, it's been a while but iirc the feature would de-activate once you reached Level Die and the enemies would then attack from off camera as well.

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
Has been a feature of action games since like Ninja Gaiden. This is so that enemies don't attack you from off screen which can feel unfair or bull shit to the average player. DMC1 was notorious for off screen attacks because of its fixed camera.

However, developers should at least have enemies try to get within the camera range and then attack.. many DMC5 enemies don't even want to do that much.
Wanted to come back to this because I finally went for the Mission 11 no weapons achievement. Decided to do it on human.

Basically 20 minutes of

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to start a new save? I kind of wanted to start from scratch on PC but I also dont want to just completely erase my game

Hey, he grew up around shifty mercenaries
But Nell and Grue tried so hard to teach him some manners. D:

That reminds me of the DMC3 prequel manga, when Dante quotes his mother.
" "Put it back when you are finished using it" "If you broke something you better fix it, mister!" Can't count the number of times she got pissed of me" Cute. :3
Is there a way to start a new save? I kind of wanted to start from scratch on PC but I also dont want to just completely erase my game
Do you mean, you want all collectibles etc reseted, too? Then you can only delete your save file (or just put it somewhere else, if you want to keep it) to start anew.
Otherwise you can just use mission select. But there you will keep all upgrades.

That's a pretty common phrase to use and have heard it used in normal talk, though it's more common in like TV/movie talk. It just means male testicles (or just having guts).
As a non-native speaker it seemed quite slangy to me and this way rather fitting, that Vergil would be irritated as well when I stumbled upon the pic. ^^ I'm actually a bit surprised it's so common.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So I'm building a pc, last few parts arrive tomorrow. Where can I find out about an optimal setup for these mods? Is it all cheat engine stuff? i just want to make the game a little faster and have less floaty gravity.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So I've been playing with that CE stuff, I'm becoming convinced that this is the only way to play 5 now. Air combat is so much less static, less 'rigid' feeling cause you aren't resetting momentum constantly. Even if you're not all about that inertia stuff it does make things better imo.

There are still some things about the properties of 5's combat which annoy me though. It never gets as close to feeling as good as the earlier games even with these adjustments. Maybe it comes with practice though. I still have to re-learn exceed and work out how to get used to faster switching with Dante.

It's got me out of my plateau with 5 anyway and given me new things to learn. I just wish there was an easier way to set this up, or we could get an official implementation of it.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I really wish that this game respected my time. Are there any mods for the PC version that skips some of the absurdly long death animations and/or doesn't even attempt to load cutscenes in the first place. It's idiotic that I have to sit through a loading screen just so I can immediately skip the cutscene and go to another loading screen.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
There is a mod that skips the death animation but it requires fiddling with CE.

Tbh after playing so much on console I don't mind the loading here as much. But I think also some of the loading screens might actually be getting boosted by turbo mods a little bit (not in terms of loading time but in transitions)

Actually there is an auto skip cutscene option on the co-op trainer as well I think.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a change list for the DMC5CE patch? I saw a preview but it only covered a few changes.