• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I feel stupid. I didn't notice the super characters lower the mission rank... I wish they were only a skin. Super Nero is rad, I love it. I wish partial DT transformation for Dante :'(

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
New Dante tech discovered:

Related to his two teleports Air Trick and Ground Trick. Using jump cancel near an enemy allows cancellation of frames for better positioning and combo set ups. Absolute game changer long term for Dante.

Now THIS I like! Dante legitimately Vergil now, the full package of fast teleports and summon swords!

Man I am not even gonna bother with this lol. That's insane.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So Castle Super Beast's newest podcast has pointed out something interesting

Did Vergil/Urizen actually not kill a single person? Apparently in the ingame files the Qliphoth occurs naturally. So this means technically all Urizen did was sit back and reap the benefits, he didn't actually make the tree kill anyone.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
So Castle Super Beast's newest podcast has pointed out something interesting

Did Vergil/Urizen actually not kill a single person? Apparently in the ingame files the Qliphoth occurs naturally. So this means technically all Urizen did was sit back and reap the benefits, he didn't actually make the tree kill anyone.
Didn't he opened the way for the tree with the Yamato ?

I have a question about mission 14. Why does V say that this dimension is healing his body ? He said just before that he was losing his powers. I don't get it.

Dante legitimately Vergil now
The same face, the same power. :3
I wish partial DT transformation for Dante :'(
*insert sexual innuendo joke here*
1546778985500.gif

I have a question about mission 14. Why does V say that this dimension is healing his body ? He said just before that he was losing his powers. I don't get it.
I read a theory, that maybe his human body can't deal with the demonic power and is weakened through it. So without the familiars, his body heals, but is in bad shape again after getting them back.
Maybe you can even dig a bit deeper; they are born from his memory of being Nelo, so they are bad for him? They corrupt his body similar to Mundus's corruption? He's better off without this memory?
But what I actually think, plain and simple, it's just for gameplay purpose. He is in a very bad shape at that point, but that wouldn't be fun for the player. So it's just a reason for him being in a better state for the short while you are controlling him another time. Healing dimension, rejoice!
It's actually unclear if he did it himself, or if it's (a delayed) event of the hell gate being opened by Agnus in DMC4.
That sounds strange to me. Those gates all got closed and destroyed, it happened 5 years ago and in a different place. Also DMC3 would have had to have a similar effect then.
It's clearly said, the tree never bore a fruit again, after Sparda separated the worlds. Someone must have opened a portal for the tree.
You could argue about the state of his mind. Did he plan this beforehand, or was it his demon half running amok, and original Vergil wouldn't have approved this action himself?
What confuses me are the two weeks, they spend doing nothing against it.
V comes to Dante 03 May. The tree wasn't known to the public at that time it seems. They go into it the first time 16 May - why wait such a long time?
So I think, Urizen prepares himself and everything down in the demon world, maybe pumps himself up with its power already. Then he feels good enough to open the portal and let the real power gathering begin.
Dante & Co. have no way to reach him before, because there is no portal they could open. So they are forced to wait for the tree itself to come out, and that is why they have to wait for so long.
On the other hand, the tree is on TV, when Morrison talks to Lady in the light novel. But it's not said, when he meets her, so there could pass some time between bringing V to Dante, meeting up with Lady, getting Trish as well and then walk towards the tree.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
*insert sexual innuendo joke here*
D-don't corrupt my mind ! I'm already sinking in lewd stuff because of Twitter lol (I'm always hungry for beautiful/funny DMC fanarts so if someone has some suggestions... <3)

Hum, thanks for the answer it sounds good... and sad because
Now I'm thinking his pets just go suicide because they became useless and bad for Vergil...

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds strange to me. Those gates all got closed and destroyed, it happened 5 years ago and in a different place. Also DMC3 would have had to have a similar effect then.
It's clearly said, the tree never bore a fruit again, after Sparda separated the worlds. Someone must have opened a portal for the tree.
You could argue about the state of his mind. Did he plan this beforehand, or was it his demon half running amok, and original Vergil wouldn't have approved this action himself?
What confuses me are the two weeks, they spend doing nothing against it.
V comes to Dante 03 May. The tree wasn't known to the public at that time it seems. They go into it the first time 16 May - why wait such a long time?
So I think, Urizen prepares himself and everything down in the demon world, maybe pumps himself up with its power already. Then he feels good enough to open the portal and let the real power gathering begin.
Dante & Co. have no way to reach him before, because there is no portal they could open. So they are forced to wait for the tree itself to come out, and that is why they have to wait for so long.
On the other hand, the tree is on TV, when Morrison talks to Lady in the light novel. But it's not said, when he meets her, so there could pass some time between bringing V to Dante, meeting up with Lady, getting Trish as well and then walk towards the tree.

I'm not talking about the lesser hell gates, I'm talking about the true Hell Gate (the one Sparda sealed) Agnus uses the Yamato to open (though yes it does get destroyed). I'm thinking since it was opened with the Yamato, the tree just needed the time to breach into the human world. I feel like Vergil's lines pre-Urizen kind of hint to it. It's been..what, 20?-ish years since DMC1. Why would Vergil's body JUST now start to bring him to the point of death, after such a long time? Maybe he learned that the tree was about to sprout and decided to take advantage of it. "I'm running out of time" is perhaps referencing the tree's appearance, not his death. Maybe he has simply been living weakened and near powerless the last 20 years, and this is what pushed him into regaining the Yamato and splitting himself in two.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
So Nidhogg on Hell or Hell is stupid.

edit: Got the S rank for M4 but Hell or Hell as V is real annoying compared to the others.

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
For some reason the directional attacks for Nero's devil trigger will not fucking work in the bloody palace and it's severely frustrating. The ones that require back and forward + BY

Showdown and Maximum Bet. I can no longer get these attacks to work properly and I've been doing them for dozens of hours.

Last edited:

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
For some reason the directional attacks for Nero's devil trigger will not fucking work in the bloody palace and it's severely frustrating. The ones that require back and forward + BY

Showdown and Maximum Bet. I can no longer get these attacks to work properly and I've been doing them for dozens of hours.
Just bp and works normally everywhere else?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
That's a cool find. I wonder if the other taunts have some passive mechanics like this.
I believe the other known effects are Nero's taunt gives 1.5 DT gauge instead of 1, and V's taunt makes his cane not bounce off of enemies and it deals increased damage(?). Not sure about the cane damage increase, but it should be easy to test, and would be cool if it also boosted royal fork.

D-don't corrupt my mind ! I'm already sinking in lewd stuff because of Twitter lol (I'm always hungry for beautiful/funny DMC fanarts so if someone has some suggestions... <3)

Hum, thanks for the answer it sounds good... and sad because
Now I'm thinking his pets just go suicide because they became useless and bad for Vergil...
Come to the dark side, my child..!

Going from there I thought a bit about Griffon. (I love him, btw. :O)
He mocks V the whole time and picks on him being weak. In the novel he makes fun of V of all people wanting to help humans. And when V says, Nero is not someone to give up easily, Griffon makes a joke, where the boy got that from. (As if he knows, that they both know, he's V's son). They sometimes seem ad odds with their opinions and Griffon can be confused by V's actions.
A little bit like he is really an independent demon, who just entered a pact with V.
It seems Griffon wants Urizen defeated no matter what. He supports Dante, cheers him on and seems to care about him. He nearly loses it, when they find him. Fighting him is a test for his strength, to prepare him for his fight against Vergil. He seems at peace with himself and Dante, when they say goodbye.
He is born from Vergil's subconciousness. That makes me think of two ways:
Vergil's mind made Griffon in a way, he would image the real Griffon to be, if he were on their side. Demons tend to respect Dante for his strength, despite hating him and Sparda. And Dante was kinda nice to Griffon.
Or he is a representation of Vergil's quilty conscience in some way. By poking around in old wounds and being mean to V, he reminds himself of his bad old habits and deeds. He wants his bad side to be destroyed and is fine with giving his life in the end (even supporting Dante through it). And he is able to acknowledge Dante without any sort of jealousy.
But it feels like giving Capcom far too much credit there, as with the healing dimension. I honestly don't see them going that deep.

I'm not talking about the lesser hell gates, I'm talking about the true Hell Gate (the one Sparda sealed) Agnus uses the Yamato to open (though yes it does get destroyed). I'm thinking since it was opened with the Yamato, the tree just needed the time to breach into the human world. I feel like Vergil's lines pre-Urizen kind of hint to it. It's been..what, 20?-ish years since DMC1. Why would Vergil's body JUST now start to bring him to the point of death, after such a long time? Maybe he learned that the tree was about to sprout and decided to take advantage of it. "I'm running out of time" is perhaps referencing the tree's appearance, not his death. Maybe he has simply been living weakened and near powerless the last 20 years, and this is what pushed him into regaining the Yamato and splitting himself in two.
DMC1 was around 12 years ago. It is a big hole what he did in those years. How did he even know about Yamato and Nero, would be my biggest question.
Maybe Mundus's spell didn't wear of completely at first; maybe he struggeled a lot to remember things and even understand where he was. How did he escape the island?
The corruption ruined his body and maybe was eating further away on him throughout the years, bringing him slowly closer to death. Could have damaged his mind further as well.
How he knew about the tree in the first place, would be another question. It's hard to say if he split to avoid death and get stronger or if the tree was already part of the plan – first survive by splitting and getting stronger, and then use the tree to gain even more power.

Btw, I liked the idea of Vergil still struggeling from Mundus's corruption and still being hunted by the last order he got: Kill Dante.
There is so much stuff they could have done to let them fight again instead that "Well, we never got along, let's battle!" stuff. <.<
I hope if there ever is a Vergil DLC that the BP taunt is him putting his hair down.
Oh yes, please! .__.

But I actually hate Dante doing the taunt; for me he's making fun of Vergil with it. :(
Especially when used in fights against Vergil.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm late on this but damn.. V is a fun character to play. Wish there was game where you played a summoner character like his but was a bit more in-depth

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
So the multiplayer feature- what is going on? Is the game bringing other players right into my game on certain missions?
I beat this game at launch but it was on Easy mode like I said before. So going back thru the game on "Son of Sparta" Difficulty. Made it to Chapter 9. sometimes I'll use a Golden Orb though on a boss so I am thinking I still have some fundamentals to improve upon. Having a blast though

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna fucking hate life trying to S rank M5 on Hell or Hell, aren't I? (I keep labeling the missions wrong cause prologue is M0) At least M4 I could get 5500+ style points per encounter so I didn't need the no continue bonus but M5 seems like one of those missions where style points (like M10) are just fucked.

Last edited:

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
I'm gonna fucking hate life trying to S rank M5 on Hell or Hell, aren't I? (I keep labeling the missions wrong cause prologue is M0) At least M4 I could get 5500+ style points per encounter so I didn't need the no continue bonus but M5 seems like one of those missions where style points (like M10) are just fucked.
M5 is the one where the first fight is a bunch of lizards in a tight corridor, right? If so, fuck that. I remember needing the no hit bonus for that mission. Got hit once on the end boss and my score was just under the S rank quota.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
M5 is the one where the first fight is a bunch of lizards in a tight corridor, right? If so, fuck that. I remember needing the no hit bonus for that mission. Got hit once on the end boss and my score was just under the S rank quota.

Yuuuuuuup.

The way stylish points are calculated is so consistently weird and weirdly inconsistent.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ugh i should go though the game again and actually finish off the health upgrades/devil trigger but the idea of playing through the game a... i don't know, 4th or 5th time at this point is actively kind of annoying. i think i might be devil triggered out for a while.

also between clutching the controller like a madman in bloody palace (thank itsuno for the suspend feature) and irl fighting people i think i'm getting hand damage. i might just bow out of console games for a month

also my god damn interview is still locked in desk hell! wtf

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
The suspend feature makes the first 60 floors less of a chore thankfully since a bloody palace session for me is usually 2 sittings. I also cant believe Cerberus is killing me with Nero and V, sometimes I feel like im getting worse. Dammit!

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished S ranking Hell and Hell. Missions 4, 5, and 15 were the hardest for me. Now I have to S rank Human and get the taunts for the plat then I can finally move on to Bloody Palace.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So Nidhogg on Hell or Hell is stupid.

edit: Got the S rank for M5 but Hell or Hell as V is real annoying compared to the others.
I did this fight on H&H and got a game over and mission complete at the same time.

Then my game crashed. Fuck Niddhogg 😡

V in general I quite like but I feel his gameplay falls apart on H&H cause there's little point in being near your familiars to heal them as they get one shotted. He loses that "dance with death" thing he has on other difficulties where it feels like there's an advantage to having him in the middle of battles. Except to read poetry maybe.

Mission 5 is some bullshit too. A dark corridor with grey lizards which pop out without warning and ruin your day.

As an aside I've been playing Must Style mode on DmC and I'm still disappointed that it isn't in this game.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
During the BP stream Matt said that they were in the process of fixing a few bugs.

The update could be that.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
any suggestion on how to take care quickly of the empusa queen as nero?

i'm stuck at that stage in the bloody palace where you have to fight 3 at the same time

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
any suggestion on how to take care quickly of the empusa queen as nero?

i'm stuck at that stage in the bloody palace where you have to fight 3 at the same time
Get the Buster Breaker arm and use the Breakage attack on them when they get stunned. Does a ton of damage.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I really hate Urizen. I had to say it somewhere.
3 hours of BP today is a chore, I can't even draw to relax, my hands hurt ._.

Do super characters unlock the BP taunt ? I don't use them in there I have the feeling to "cheat", but maybe I should, I'm starting to loose patience to redo the 80 first floors, it became boring.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I curious as to what you guys think as I'm really torn. What is the better boss fight DMC3 Vergil or DMC5 Vergil?
DMC3 Vergil because it came out on the PS2 and still was intense/difficult. Plus there was proper build up to it within the game. DMC5 Vergil fight relies heavily on build up of previous games. Better theme as well especially on the Dante version (the Devil Trigger remix theme is FIYA tho). DMC5 Vergil has a better background, the whale placenta stuff doesn't do it for me in DMC3. DMC3 Vergil on DMD can also 100-0 you in the blink of an eye.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was something like the super global judgment cut like in DMC3 as well. Where it just lasts forever and you gotta dodge/guard through it all.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Been trying V bloody palace once a night for the past week. Keep making it to final form urizen and Vergil and get beat. I just want V out of my life lads : (