• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
5502 in Mission 8 on Hell and Hell

I'm free of this mission.

uVZM1QT.gif

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Soo...played till mission 12, and realised that this game is not for me, or action games in general

If this was just the bosses + custcenes, it would be one of my favorite games this gen

Or if the sections between them were shorter.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
DMC1 and DMC3 yeah. So there is precedence for it.

In DMC5, the healing is your red orbs and devil trigger. You gotta manage your HP. That said they could have changed the checkpoints to be better.. it's particularly punishing for Nero.

How do you heal with Red orbs I feel like I am missing something important here. Let me login and check.

Sometimes I use red orbs to revive & heal if that's what you meant

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
20190417085545_1.jpg

First hard stop in my S rank run, I'm only at SOS and I think this run will be the end of me.
I found the DMD S ranks easier because enemy health scales more than point requirements do, so if you are doing SoS you should be fine on DMD. If you can get through the mission without dying, you are most of the way there already.
Hell and Hell is proving very difficult for me though. Some of them seem near impossible if you take a single hit during the mission (12 especially)

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they do an update at some point that lets you use any character for any mission. Nothing against V and Dante, but full power Nero is probably my favorite moveset in an action game.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I hope they do an update at some point that lets you use any character for any mission. Nothing against V and Dante, but full power Nero is probably my favorite moveset in an action game.
They are not made for different characters because imagine playing Nidhogg with Nero or Gilgamesh with V (it would not be good). It would require a substantial amount of time and money, maybe in SE.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Some bosses scale really well to the different characters, like Cavalier Angelo. But chasing Geyron around with Dante would be tedious alright.

V is now my second favourite in the game after Nero. He reminds me of playing healers in MMOs. Just keeping on the edge of the battle but making sure not to step too far into danger, reading poetry while the familiars occupy the enemies.

I get that he doesn't have enough of a full featured combat kit to satisfy high skill players and some of the more fodder-ish enemies are dull with him, but Geyron is such a cool fight. Maybe becoming one of my favourites.

Definitely done a big turn around on him. Just wish he had more to do in the game

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Really hope they announce something DMC5 related at E3, at least some skins or anything. A continued Gaas support for this game would actually be amazing even if I generally dislike that business model.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Slapped this together a while ago. In more recent news though i happy to hear that inertia and reversals have been modded back in on PC

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The community has been making refinements to Inertia in DMC5 and now its at a point where it looks more natural than the system they already have in the game!

Just waiting now for someone to use the DSD summoned swords to make a Lucifer weapons for Dante in DMC5.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Saw some guy using payline to reposition Nero under an enemy to then use the Overture uppercut.

I hate consoles ☹️

How does this mod work anyway? Does it turn on something that was turned off or is it more elaborate than that?

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw some guy using payline to reposition Nero under an enemy to then use the Overture uppercut.

I hate consoles ☹️

How does this mod work anyway? Does it turn on something that was turned off or is it more elaborate than that?
They are using both Reverse attack and Inertia mod in that combo. The reverse attack is really just a value they turned on, Inertia is aldo value related but more nuanced and is still WIP but is in a state that is much better than what the game already provides.

And finally we have the TGBS DMC5 review:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
They are using both Reverse attack and Inertia mod in that combo. The reverse attack is really just a value they turned on, Inertia is aldo value related but more nuanced and is still WIP but is in a state that is much better than what the game already provides.

And finally we have the TGBS DMC5 review:

In some ways, getting TGBS' DMC5 review is the real closure to the saga.

Also after watching the DMC5 review I am reminded me of something I thought up before the game came out but forgotten... That it would be nice if everyone can get their "Closure" game.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I love playing the game, especially as Dante, but I'm up to mission 13 now and have only died twice, and have 18 gold orbs.

I think Devil Hunter is too easy, or at least it shouldn't have been the hardest available difficulty when you start the game.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Returning to Metal Gear Rising and man what I wouldn't give to have MGR's checkpoint retry system in DMC5.

You can retry any individual fight from the pause menu (even after the score for the fight pops up on screen) and it loads super fast.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting this game and loving it so far. The DMC vibe is really strong in this one.

I wasn't feeling V much until I started playing as him. I honestly said "Wow" at the combat style and the first thing that came to mind was that it would be a perfect template for a Pokémon action game. Am I the only one?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting this game and loving it so far. The DMC vibe is really strong in this one.

I wasn't feeling V much until I started playing as him. I honestly said "Wow" at the combat style and the first thing that came to mind was that it would be a perfect template for a Pokémon action game. Am I the only one?

If you like the idea of capturing monsters and assigning them to separate buttons to attack with then check out Folklore on PS3.

Such a good game.

Oct 27, 2017
Could it be that Colossus' design is heavily inspired by Dragons Dogmas Daimon? Just occured to me when I saw vids of the Switch port of DD.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally we have information on what those red orb extra bonus stats mean at the end of a mission:

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
I'm sure most people have seen the videos of using mods to access a playable Vergil in DMC5, which many people (including me) took as a gigantic hint that Capcom is planning to release him as DLC.

I was reading through some modding/hacking forums to get a good sense of what everyone has done with the game and I learned one new detail about how Vergil is implemented in the game. You remember the final playable segment (during the credits) where you fight alongside Vergil? That's not "enemy" Vergil configured to target enemies, but that is a version of Vergil implemented as a player character controlled by AI.

This means the playable Vergil modders managed to access is that version and not some work-in-progress Vergil planned for DLC.

Of course, it's still possible Capcom is planning to make Vergil DLC, but one shouldn't see the playable Vergil modders have accessed as confirmation of that.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure most people have seen the videos of using mods to access a playable Vergil in DMC5, which many people (including me) took as a gigantic hint that Capcom is planning to release him as DLC.

I was reading through some modding/hacking forums to get a good sense of what everyone has done with the game and I learned one new detail about how Vergil is implemented in the game. You remember the final playable segment (during the credits) where you fight alongside Vergil? That's not "enemy" Vergil configured to target enemies, but that is a version of Vergil implemented as a player character controlled by AI.

This means the playable Vergil modders managed to access is that version and not some work-in-progress Vergil planned for DLC.

Of course, it's still possible Capcom is planning to make Vergil DLC, but one shouldn't see the playable Vergil modders have accessed as confirmation of that.
That makes sense, came to that conclusion after Vergil/Coop in BP was a no show.

Sep 20, 2018

Damn, that really sucks. I really don't want to wait seven years for a Special Edition to come out. I was really hoping we'd get more DLC, but it looks like Capcom doesn't want to budge on that, otherwise I feel they would have announced or teased something by now. Also I feel that if DLC were planned, Itsuno wouldn't have moved on to a new project so quickly. Capcom probably figures they can make more money off of a Special Edition in a few years on the new consoles then they can off of DLC.

Weapon DLC (Agni and Rudra + Nevan) and playable Vergil were all I wanted, then I feel this game would've been perfect. Co-Op would have been nice too. But the most I think we'd ever get in a Special Edition is playable Vergil, and that's either several years from now or will be on the new consoles, whenever they come out.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I need to get the pc version so I can swap out the M19 fight music. My only real complaint of the finale. The music just isn't has hype as it should be (would prefer Devils Never Cry and if possible modded so it actually has style or "moment" cues like the M20 fight music). Woolie suggested It has to be This Way on twitter and I'm super down for that too.