• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
There's a mod out that adds coop in dmc5 for more missions.

www.nexusmods.com

COOP Trainer for Devil May Cry 5

Divergence Mode (play as Nero, Dante or V in any mission); More playable Coop missions and Bloody Palace Coop with up to 4 players (Nero, Dante, V and Vergil); Various graphics options and a Boss Swap

I've been watching some footage of this and it looks super fun.

Hopefully Capcom does something with this.

Oct 25, 2017
aUMUG1O.png

Screenshots I took after trying this mod.

The mods for this game are pretty damn good.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Awwww shiiiit, ma poor boi. 😿

It's a bit strange to see them so beaten up in 5 regarding their healing ability. A shot in the head used to heal so quick, bruises like that should be nothing.

Well, maybe they are so exhausted at that point already, that they can control their demonic powers and neglect healing for other stuff.
It's been pretty well established that injury in DMC works entirely on the role of cool.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How necessary is to play the older games to enjoy this? I don't have the older games and want to try this in game pass

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Just started this on Xbox. Is it normal that the lip syncing is well out of sync when the characters are talking in cutscenes, or is this a bug? Thanks!

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Just started this on Xbox. Is it normal that the lip syncing is well out of sync when the characters are talking in cutscenes, or is this a bug? Thanks!
Capcom seems to do the audio in their cutscenes as a single clip that lasts the entire scene, so if the cutscenes stutters at all, the audio is out of sync for the entire rest of the scene. That's how it is on the PC version at least.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
It actually got better after the prologue cutscenes thankfull. I think the lips move a bit weird in the RE engine anyway, kinda stood out in re2make too haha.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I don't think it's a engine thing, especially since the older game RE7 was fine and didn't have issue with RE2.

I don't think it's a engine thing, especially since the older game RE7 was fine and didn't have issue with RE2.
I didn't see it in RE2 either, but that slight uncanny valley feeling DMC's characters give off was discussed every now and then since the first trailer. There is def something going on, especially in motion / while talking, even if you can't really put the finger on it. It's not really off synch… but not matching either… just weird.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, now I remember again why I haven't bought it so far.
I love the series to death and played it since 1 got released on OG PS2, but 5 frustrates me so much. Every time I get a bad rating after a fight it sucks every little bit of fun out of me for some reason.
The game looks and feels so awesome and prestige but then the fights start and it's just overcomplicating as fuck to get good ratings.

Do combos, use different attacks, shoot, use your arm, pump your arm up constantly at the same time but on top don't forget to dodge and use taunts. I'm not a f'n magician, it's just too much. I don't remember all the other games including DMC to make a f'n science out of the fighting system.

Maybe it's just me, being way too sensitive when the fights are bad and I suck, but it really feels like that a bad battle literally sucks my enjoyment and fun for this out of my body, every fight a little bit more. It's frustrating.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I love the series to death and played it since 1 got released on OG PS2, but 5 frustrates me so much. Every time I get a bad rating after a fight it sucks every little bit of fun out of me for some reason.
The game looks and feels so awesome and prestige but then the fights start and it's just overcomplicating as fuck to get good ratings.

Do combos, use different attacks, shoot, use your arm, pump your arm up constantly at the same time but on top don't forget to dodge and use taunts. I'm not a f'n magician, it's just too much. I don't remember all the other games including DMC to make a f'n science out of the fighting system.

Maybe it's just me, being way too sensitive when the fights are bad and I suck, but it really feels like that a bad battle literally sucks my enjoyment and fun for this out of my body, every fight a little bit more. It's frustrating.
It helps for me to establish "rules" in certain situations in fights. Taunt usually at the start of a battle and when I have space, get airborne ASAP, don't commit to the long combo strings, use the arms in their specific situations. 5 is probably the biggest entry mechanically but I find it gives me more options.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017

don't sweat the ranks and don't feel overwhelmed- the game gives you a ton of options and the style system is just there to encourage exploration and switching things up

just do what you want to do and try new stuff (esp try out breakers and their super moves as they are the big juice for nero)

think less that you "have" to switch stuff and just do what you want while sprinkling some "what if i do this" in there and the ranking will come naturally

oh also if you didnt know, jumping makes you invincible until youre like halfway up so that oughta make things less frustrating in getting a decent style rank as getting hit is the big thing that tanks it

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica

You just need to turn that frustration into fighting spirit!
The more you play the better you get in DMC regardless of how bad you think you are right now, you just need familiarity with the game.
The more you play DMC the better the game gets.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Sunni rubbing it in 😅

Nero's best tool is exceed. I think the frustration is that his fighting style feels limp and awkward without it, or without a grasp on how to take advantage of his mobility options.

Even tho hes a more basic fighter Nero's got a higher skill floor than Dante I feel like, because Dante in this game is way more approachable than he was in 4.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Sunni rubbing it in 😅

Nero's best tool is exceed. I think the frustration is that his fighting style feels limp and awkward without it, or without a grasp on how to take advantage of his mobility options.

Even tho hes a more basic fighter Nero's got a higher skill floor than Dante I feel like, because Dante in this game is way more approachable than he was in 4.
I saw the thread in OT and title updated that it's on Gamepass and figured I'd post a GIF I never posted here to bump the thread, didn't even see the post above, wasn't meant to look like I was rubbing it in XD.

On topic though I didn't really pay much attention to the style rankings, at least not on the first playthrough since you're unlocking, obtaining new skills all the time while going through. I do like the ranking system though, makes you experiment a little more, try new stuff to increase it. But yeah, combat is so good though no matter the skill level, just feels great and looks good so as long as I'm having fun killing demons it's all cool.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I saw the thread in OT and title updated that it's on Gamepass and figured I'd post a GIF I never posted here to bump the thread, didn't even see the post above, wasn't meant to look like I was rubbing it in XD.
What people don't realize when you make combo vids is your're also controlling the camera so you clearly see everything. Usually I scrap my successful ones if the camera is bad.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on the controls or a control layout? Dont like the you need to use the shoulder buttons alot for things.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

DMC5 is the most complicated DMC game (and the most complicated action game) and the fact that you understand the complexity of the game means you are already ahead of the curve. But you don't need to delve into a lot of the complexity to do well or have fun.

The main focus should be on not getting hit and mixing up your attacks/actions. With Nero definitely use Wire Snatch a lot to close the distance to keep up the combos and you should be always trying to Exceed all attacks (press the Exceed button after every attack, even if you fail it's fine... just keep at it). Use the Breaker attacks and the powerful moves when in a pinch. Use High Roller (the launcher) a lot to juggle enemies. Mix and match all of your basic abilities on the fly and you will get the hang of it.

There is also a training mode (called the Void) to try out stuff. Experiment to your heart's content. A lot of progress can be made when you just learn to execute simple actions in a stress free environment so that you can build muscle memory. Try out with simple actions and little by little keep adding something more on top of it.

As far as making a science out of the fighting system... this has been the trend for the series since DMC3. Even DmC has a lot going on in its combat system. It's ultimately very satisfying when it all clicks together.

Any tips on the controls or a control layout? Dont like the you need to use the shoulder buttons alot for things.
For Nero I use R2 for my gun button, [] for Devil Bringer and L1 for Exceed. Devil Trigger on L2 and Break Way on the D-pad.

For V I place Griffon on a Shoulder button like L1 and the rest is mostly the same. Dante's controls are mostly the same but I like to have L1 for melee weapons wap.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Finally played the whole series and started V. I'm quite liking it for now, it's focused without bullshit which is what I needed after all these slow AAA open worlds.

I'm surprised at the amount of bosses though.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY COW, i just unlocked the double Kalina Ann on my second SoS playthrough, and on the highest Gunslinger level i realised that both rockets morph into an arm closely resembling the Spiral canon from DMC3, and if you hold square it fires a similar single projective dealing massive damage. I FELT that the second Kalina Ann's use should've been more than a cosmetic thing, but i wasn't sure what exactly it would be, until now.

This game is just the gift that keeps on giving.

65819841_161515848348275_2769688502479113882_n.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
So I did a clean install of winsows 10 since I upgraded to an nvme ssd, installed the latest nvidia drivers and now DMC 5 won't launch.
I hit play on steam, it says it's running for a second, then it's not. What the hell?
I have a 6GB GTX1060 with the latest nvidia game ready driver, a Ryzen 3600 and 16GB of ram. The game ran without a problem before I reinstalled windows. It also doesn't matter if I modify the config file to run at DX11 instead of DX12.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
So I did a clean install of winsows 10 since I upgraded to an nvme ssd, installed the latest nvidia drivers and now DMC 5 won't launch.
I hit play on steam, it says it's running for a second, then it's not. What the hell?
I have a 6GB GTX1060 with the latest nvidia game ready driver, a Ryzen 3600 and 16GB of ram. The game ran without a problem before I reinstalled windows. It also doesn't matter if I modify the config file to run at DX11 instead of DX12.
I've had that happen with other steam games in the past and it turned out an antivirus program had flagged it and I had to make an exception for it manually fire it to work.

Oct 28, 2017
I've had that happen with other steam games in the past and it turned out an antivirus program had flagged it and I had to make an exception for it manually fire it to work.
That's not it unfortunately. I only use Windows Defender, and it still won't launh after I added dmc5.exe to the whitelist manually.
Also since Microsoft suddenly decided to use a different standard for display drivers I can't even revert back to older nvidia drivers to see if that's the problem. This is so annoying!
Edit: Also tried simply turning off the real time protection and such but the game still won't launch.
Edit2: Installed the Resident Evil 2 Remake and it launched without a problem. So whatever this is, it's specific to DMC5.
Solved: And now it works. I don't know what did it. I installed the visual c++ runtimes manually, updated windows and rebooted the PC and installed the damn thing for like the 5th time today. Pretty weird.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Anyone here just load of mission 20 constantly on DMD and try to perfect it?

I found out some stuff that's probably common knowledge but made me feel really cool anyway. Like that you can reflect all of Vergil's summon sort rain-down AOEs with shuffle, or break through them all with a MAX-ACT high roller. The latter looks ridiculously cool when done.

Man, I wish the game had more fights like this one. It's such a good fight for exploring Nero's movement and defensive options.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much depth even to just a single devil breaker:

Man, I wish the game had more fights like this one. It's such a good fight for exploring Nero's movement and defensive options.

The last boss fight is amazing and being able to do it with both Dante and Nero is just perfection. So many ways to approach it and experiment.

They should have given all the bosses their own separate mission ala 19 and 20. Would have been fighting them over and over for days.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Mission 18 is bullshit. Turn the camera away and kill everything with the hat to get a no damage s rank.

Anyway finally did a no damage run against cav on dmd

Not too crazy and used lots of SDT but fuck it I done it 😅😭

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
My Dante is finally getting decent, finally using all styles consistently. Just needed to get used to royalguard in this game such an improvement from DMC 4. Still playing obsessively need help, even found some cool V tech since I haven't touched him in weeks.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So what are our hopes for a special edition at this point?
> Trish, Lady, Vergil (IF YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO WANT THEM AGAIN THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PUT THEM IN THE GAME)
> Turbo mode
> God Must Die + Must Style difficulties (credit where credit is due)
> Play as any character on any stage post beating the game

MAYBE switch devil breakers. Maybe. After beating the game. At least on SOS.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
So what are our hopes for a special edition at this point?
> Trish, Lady, Vergil (IF YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO WANT THEM AGAIN THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PUT THEM IN THE GAME)
> Turbo mode
> God Must Die + Must Style difficulties (credit where credit is due)
> Play as any character on any stage post beating the game

MAYBE switch devil breakers. Maybe. After beating the game. At least on SOS.

If DMC4:SE is any indication, Itsuno doesn't seem to care about balance. So on the fly devil breaker switching is a possibility. His reasoning was that the base game was balanced, so let people go full on power-stupid in the special edition.

Divergence mode (play as any character in any mission)

Turbo Mode (10%, 20% and 25% options)

Online and Couch-Coop Bloody Palace

Bloody Palace randomizer (like DMC3's bloody palace)

Different Bloody Palace difficulty settings.

Bloody Palace Roulette (were each new stage switches to a different playable character)

Dante, Vergil, Nero, Donte, Lady, Lucia and Trish as playable characters. With Vergil getting a new intro cutscene.

Classic weapons for Dante and Donte. (Nevan and Aquilla etc.)

Classic costumes skins for Dante, Lady and Nero.

Get rid of auto assist mode and just have a simpler control option for beginners (streamline it like in DmC). Call it classic vs beginner controls. Beginner controls will also give Nero a dedicated dodge button for newbies who can't dodge with the lock-on....for some reason. A basic Trickster dash

A new type of Ex-ACT act. Call it Ex-Act PRO. Where the timing window is tighter but the damage output on EX attacks are more powerful.

Give V new pokemon. Like Phantom and/or Agni and Rudra.

Different skins for Shadow. Like a cool dog version seen in this pic:

EErPMR6UcAIp3HY