• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 5, 2019
Has been a feature of action games since like Ninja Gaiden. This is so that enemies don't attack you from off screen which can feel unfair or bull shit to the average player. DMC1 was notorious for off screen attacks because of its fixed camera.

However, developers should at least have enemies try to get within the camera range and then attack.. many DMC5 enemies don't even want to do that much.

Yeah I seem to remember the enemies in Bayonetta would make an attempt to get into view, but that game already had more aggressive enemies.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Hand did it well, you could see the enemies actively trying to get into the camera.

Also, it's been a while but iirc the feature would de-activate once you reached Level Die and the enemies would then attack from off camera as well.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Has been a feature of action games since like Ninja Gaiden. This is so that enemies don't attack you from off screen which can feel unfair or bull shit to the average player. DMC1 was notorious for off screen attacks because of its fixed camera.

However, developers should at least have enemies try to get within the camera range and then attack.. many DMC5 enemies don't even want to do that much.
Wanted to come back to this because I finally went for the Mission 11 no weapons achievement. Decided to do it on human.

Basically 20 minutes of
hit_me_by_myusername3.jpg

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to start a new save? I kind of wanted to start from scratch on PC but I also dont want to just completely erase my game

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one who's sometimes confused by Dante's choice of words.

b8568fe90ea6be3ae8f7a334bf7ce58966f1efe3.jpg

And shish kabob me? Srsly? @_@
That's a pretty common phrase to use and have heard it used in normal talk, though it's more common in like TV/movie talk. It just means male testicles (or just having guts).

Hey, he grew up around shifty mercenaries
But Nell and Grue tried so hard to teach him some manners. D:

That reminds me of the DMC3 prequel manga, when Dante quotes his mother.
" "Put it back when you are finished using it" "If you broke something you better fix it, mister!" Can't count the number of times she got pissed of me" Cute. :3
Is there a way to start a new save? I kind of wanted to start from scratch on PC but I also dont want to just completely erase my game
Do you mean, you want all collectibles etc reseted, too? Then you can only delete your save file (or just put it somewhere else, if you want to keep it) to start anew.
Otherwise you can just use mission select. But there you will keep all upgrades.

That's a pretty common phrase to use and have heard it used in normal talk, though it's more common in like TV/movie talk. It just means male testicles (or just having guts).
As a non-native speaker it seemed quite slangy to me and this way rather fitting, that Vergil would be irritated as well when I stumbled upon the pic. ^^ I'm actually a bit surprised it's so common.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So I'm building a pc, last few parts arrive tomorrow. Where can I find out about an optimal setup for these mods? Is it all cheat engine stuff? i just want to make the game a little faster and have less floaty gravity.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So I've been playing with that CE stuff, I'm becoming convinced that this is the only way to play 5 now. Air combat is so much less static, less 'rigid' feeling cause you aren't resetting momentum constantly. Even if you're not all about that inertia stuff it does make things better imo.

There are still some things about the properties of 5's combat which annoy me though. It never gets as close to feeling as good as the earlier games even with these adjustments. Maybe it comes with practice though. I still have to re-learn exceed and work out how to get used to faster switching with Dante.

It's got me out of my plateau with 5 anyway and given me new things to learn. I just wish there was an easier way to set this up, or we could get an official implementation of it.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I really wish that this game respected my time. Are there any mods for the PC version that skips some of the absurdly long death animations and/or doesn't even attempt to load cutscenes in the first place. It's idiotic that I have to sit through a loading screen just so I can immediately skip the cutscene and go to another loading screen.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
There is a mod that skips the death animation but it requires fiddling with CE.

Tbh after playing so much on console I don't mind the loading here as much. But I think also some of the loading screens might actually be getting boosted by turbo mods a little bit (not in terms of loading time but in transitions)

Actually there is an auto skip cutscene option on the co-op trainer as well I think.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a change list for the DMC5CE patch? I saw a preview but it only covered a few changes.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Just beat DMCV for the first time. Was a fun ride and it's great to play a new DMC game that isn't something that clearly needed more time in the oven or that needed series work to make it play like a DMC game. Just wish the story was better haha. They got rid of the most interesting character and crew at the end which is also sad but hey it is what it is. Excited to see what else this franchise has in store after this! So many new possibilities!

Oct 28, 2017
Yep. The camera is as shit as I remember for the demo with Goliath. Having an absolute blast, come screeching to a halt.
Try to turn off camera tracking in the options if you haven't already. That should get rid of some sudden camera twitches.
Other than the library room with the Scissor enemies the camera usually does a decent enough job imo.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
Vergil mod updated, JCE works now (not just an animation), trick down added and trick to enemy, plus other fixes:
www.nexusmods.com

COOP Trainer for Devil May Cry 5

Divergence Mode (play as Nero, Dante or V in any mission); More playable Coop missions and Bloody Palace Coop with up to 4 players (Nero, Dante, V and Vergil); Various graphics options and a Boss Swap

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Mission 19 can lick my balls. I made it more difficult for myself, and had locked into a poor strategy.

Mission 20 was cake though.

Overall, meh? It had some fun spots.

Last edited:

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Vergil mod updated, JCE works now (not just an animation), trick down added and trick to enemy, plus other fixes:
www.nexusmods.com

COOP Trainer for Devil May Cry 5

Divergence Mode (play as Nero, Dante or V in any mission); More playable Coop missions and Bloody Palace Coop with up to 4 players (Nero, Dante, V and Vergil); Various graphics options and a Boss Swap

I was trying to use that to play as characters outside their own missions but I think I'm missing something about how to use it.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
We are planning to do a combo collaboration video, if anyone is interested in joining can you let me know. Thinking of making the dead line around May for combo entries.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm enjoying this game more than I did last year. The other games I bought last year I'm already not interested in playing them for a while. Seriously DMC5 is aging like fine wine.

Putting major time in bloody palace then off to DMD. I should start doing combo vids but don't wanna embarrass myself lol.

Btw how do I access the banana gun? I can't find it anywhere despite being installed.

Last edited:

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to use that to play as characters outside their own missions but I think I'm missing something about how to use it.
You need to click the coop checkbox, they updated it to 1.7.1, where checkbox is coop/divergence.
I'm enjoying this game more than I did last year. The other games I bought last year I'm already not interested in playing them for a while. Seriously DMC5 is aging like fine wine.

Putting major time in bloody palace then off to DMD. I should start doing combo vids but don't wanna embarrass myself lol.

Btw how do I access the banana gun? I can't find it anywhere despite being installed.
Believe you have to have bought the dlc (or if you got the preorder you will have it), and it will be a purchasable breaker in the shop from Nico.

Jan 10, 2018
Bought this on a Steam sale in the hope of reliving some past enjoyful moments with the series. I liked the first one a lot and the third one was also kinda neat but this latest installment just doesn't click with me at all. I'm not entirely sure what's causing this feeling or if it's just me growing tired of this style of gameplay. I find the gameplay a bit too frantic, the level design overly simplistic and the humor very cringeworthy. I didn't like Bayonetta 2 much either for almost the same reasons which was something that caught me off-guard as I liked the first one a lot. Maybe other action games that have been released for the last couple of years have put in perspective what my real preferences are, or maybe they changed them over time. In any case I think I'll drop this one and just be content with moving on to something else. I'm glad there are people who like it because it feels like a well made game, and seeing the success it has made I'm sure a sequel is not too far off.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Finally beat Bloody palace with all 3 characters so I finally got the full hang of Dante. V is still way better than what people give him credit for

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats!

Nero pretty much rips Vergil apart.

It's like his entire moveset is made to counter his pops.

And yeah, I've replayed missions 19 and 20 countless times at this point. Too good.
It feels like Vergil was made to screw with everything you normally do with Dante. You barely have time to react to the BS he conjures up and deals so much damage, that he can chew you up while in SDT like it's nothing.
Anyway, now that it's done here comes my first ever DMD playthrough in any DMC game.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love how the game progressively funnels you into getting better.

At first you just think about survival while finishing a difficulty.

Then you start S ranking the difficulty and pretty soon survival becomes a complete non-issue and you become laser focused on just styling better and getting hit less to reduce style loss.

Then you go to Bloody Palace and survival and endurance are put to the test.

Once done with that then you move on to hitting the target times in each floor via warm up in time trial fashion. Now both survival and styling take a backseat to speed, all you think about is doing more damage faster. You start taking risks to get hits when you would be backing off previously.

The game just trains you up from all these angles into a better player.

It feels like Vergil was made to screw with everything you normally do with Dante. You barely have time to react to the BS he conjures up and deals so much damage, that he can chew you up while in SDT like it's nothing.
Anyway, now that it's done here comes my first ever DMD playthrough in any DMC game.

Nah, Dante has way too many tools at his disposal.

His summon swords alone screw over most of Vergil's BS.

Best of luck on DMD, it's super fun.

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind if the next DMC took some cues from Doom Eternal in terms of level design/side content