• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that's why I've taken a small break, I was getting too impatient so I started to pay less attention to his patterns... The first half of the fight is definitely easy since it's so similar to DMC3, especially with Royal Guard. I guess I need to properly evade until he runs out of DT.
Yeah I get it. It's really interesting how much the bosses change things up in their different phases. Vergil "just" switches gears and gets longer combos but for example the Voltaic Black Knight gets gradually faster which totally messed with my head trying to parry and royal guard it's attacks.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
www.exophase.com

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition Trophies - PS5

Achievements, guides, leaderboards, and discussion forums for Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

The DMC5 SE Trophy List is out, and it looks like there are five new Trophies related to Vergil's campaign (and beating Bloody Palace with all four characters), but something else caught my eye. All the Trophies from the base game look like this:
- Fall from Grace
Clear the Prologue Mission.
- Protect the People
Defeat all enemies in Mission 01.
- Where the Red Orbs Grow
Collected Red Orbs from an unexpected spot in Mission 02.

Now they say:
- Fall from Grace
Clear the Prologue Mission as Nero, Dante, or V.
- Protect the People
Defeat all enemies in Mission 01 as Nero, Dante, or V.
- Where the Red Orbs Grow
Collect Red Orbs from an unexpected spot in Mission 02 as Nero, Dante, or V.

I'm wondering if they're just clarifying that you have to do those things in the regular campaign to get the Trophies (i.e. they don't pop in Vergil's campaign), or if this means you can now play as any character in any mission in the SE.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's why I've taken a small break, I was getting too impatient so I started to pay less attention to his patterns... The first half of the fight is definitely easy since it's so similar to DMC3, especially with Royal Guard. I guess I need to properly evade until he runs out of DT.

If you don't mind a quick tip:

Use Dante's homing summon swords with the DSD. Hold the style button and they will start circling Dante, then release.

They own Vergil pretty bad, on any difficulty. When he DTs in the second phase they will keep doing good damage to him so he doesn't recover as much health, and they also take care of his doppleganger easily. Since they attack on their own you can just focus on evasion if you like during his DT.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't mind a quick tip:

Use Dante's homing summon swords with the DSD. Hold the style button and they will start circling Dante, then release.

They own Vergil pretty bad, on any difficulty. When he DTs in the second phase they will keep doing good damage to him so he doesn't recover as much health, and they also take care of his doppleganger easily. Since they attack on their own you can just focus on evasion if you like during his DT.
Thanks, I'll try that in the higher difficulties!

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. I'm working on the Era DMC5SE OT and will be posting it sometime tomorrow. I'm also busy with an assignment due tomorrow, so it might take a while before I post it, so I hope you will bear with me. However, if it's taking too long I will rapidly wrap it into something postable and pull the trigger on the OP so it's at least posted before release day. If anyone has any graphics they wanna contribute, I'll happily take them.

I also have some OT title ideas that I want feedback on, so I'd be grateful if y'all could vote on it.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Vergil's new ending cutscenes start at 3:37:56 in this guy's stream VOD:

Keep watching after the credits, there's quite a lot of new stuff.

I would LOVE to know if Dante's line "Tryin' to compensate for something?" is in any way inspired by DmC's big dick Vergil moment :P

I would LOVE to know if Dante's line "Tryin' to compensate for something?" is in any way inspired by DmC's big dick Vergil moment :P

Fuuuuck, Twitch doesn't load for me! 😭 (Must be the setup here, I'm at work. .___.)
Someone pls tell me what there is to see!

Yooo, find myself a YT one!
Sadly I only understand half of what they're saying. :/ And while I'm happy, they do talk a little more, somehow the original ending seemed a little sweeter to me? Dunno.

So, finally at home and was able to properly catch up.
The compensate joke is wonderful with Vergil's response. But I'm not a fan of the rest of their dialogue there. Prefer the old one.
The additional ending is nice and a bit sad, how they recall themselves as kids - and what would their partens think seeing them like that. Threre fight looks great, too.
And yet, there is these tiny thing missing, I can't put my finger on. 🤔
Better than DMC4 SE cutscenes, tho. Vergil's model looks bad, only the fight at the beginning is nice and the outro is lame as fuck.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nice additional dialogue.

Makes sense that Dante would try to get a reaction out of him about Nero and kinda bittersweet that all they can remember about their interactions before their rivalry is from so long ago when they were little kids.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Vergil's biggest dick status in doubt.

Those new cutscenes are weird, like they badly dubbed a bunch of left over voice dialogues they had lying around.

In anticipation of Vergil DLC next month, I been getting my punchline on with Nero on turbo mod PC. I really wish just about any of the other breakers were half as fun to use as punchline.

Those new cutscenes are weird, like they badly dubbed a bunch of left over voice dialogues they had lying around.
Interesting way to put it. I wonder if that is, what bugs me a bit? Like, their thoughts on its own aren't wrong, but they never really think them through. It feels clunky?
Dante pressing the Nero subject makes sense (he did before already, also good way to tease his brother - just my bad luck I hate the subject :D), but Vergil dislikes it and quickly pulls Yamato to cut it off. It never goes anywhere expect non answers.
Same for the jackpot thing. Vergil dismisses, it goes over to who cried when, jumps then to the - in itself natural - question what their parents would think, to be kinda cut off/dismissed by Vergil again? (Although the "we're still here" part reminds me pleasently of its use in Transistor.) I fail to make proper sense of it.
I mean, it all works somehow and makes sense, but feels forced. I really don't know how to put it. .__.

Confession time: the question about their parents arises in a (legit great) doujinshi, and I will never be able to not think about it at that point.

Any date for Vergil PC release?
15th Dec.
1ef488744b81591d9442f7b7a285e07f.jpg

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Started playing this recently and having a great time so far. DMC4 was among the first games I had played, after building a gaming PC back in 2007. Early in that game was a waterfall and it was among the most impressive things I had seen in a video game till then. So, no wonder this game looks bonkers!! Great use of lighting and the character models are so good. Taking my time finding all the secret missions, hidden paths/chambers etc in a level. And then there is the combat...so fluid and so much fun. Playing a hack n slash game after a long time so enjoying it even more. Havnt played this series much so dont have much clarity on how the ranking system works though. Sometimes I am raining combos and the game keeps shouting "Dismal" at me 😕 and at other times getting S/SS ranks even though I dint do that good. Will have to check some guide regarding this. Even though everything is so over the top, the story is still decent. Good old 8-10 hrs long single player campaign. First RE7 and then this, yet to play RE2...Capcom has been amazing this gen. Hope with most of the devs moving towards bloated/boring open world games these days, Capcom continue to deliver such games next/current gen too.

What I dint like - With the old school linear level design, came back the invisible walls. Sometimes it gets confusing if a particular section is non-reachable or requires some additional effort to reach. And I dint like the character swaps. Not particularly in this game but any game that does this. You are invested in the story and getting familiar/good with one character's move set and then the game forces you to play as the other.