Devil May Cry 5 |OT| It's been 11 years since we last met. Where does the time go?

Oct 27, 2017
Please say theres somehow a way to stop the game making the direction inputs for skills relative to your character. I've only played DmC before this and I can't get used to my skills not doing the right thing because the enemy is slightly to the side of me

Oct 27, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me? Mission 12 is another one of those missions where it’s hard as fuck to gain style points for whatever reason. What the hell is up with this? I barely get hit but still get an A.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm giving up on S ranking DMD for now. I don't want my memories of this game to be tainted by me having to replay these five or so missions almost hundreds of times because of these out there style rank requirements.

Might be the first DMC game I don't do this for during the launch window ;_;

Dec 13, 2017
Mission 10 why do you do this. There's no way this shit is intended. There is a lot of ranking imbalances in this game and they really ought to tighten those out. Some missions have weaker enemies that I could mash my way to S rank with ease without any thought to the encounters and yet Mission 10 has a lot more chunkier enemies to play with where ranks are kept consistently up but each battle is as if you're marked for being on Assist. There's no consistency and it's flat out wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Something is definitely messed up with missions like 10.

I didn't do even half the things I'm doing here on many other mission but got S rank on quite of few of them on my first run through SOS.

The scores after fights seem to make no sense on M10. I often get higher scores when I get slapped around than when all goes silky smooth.

Oct 25, 2017
Mission 10 why do you do this. There's no way this shit is intended. There is a lot of ranking imbalances in this game and they really ought to tighten those out. Some missions have weaker enemies that I could mash my way to S rank with ease without any thought to the encounters and yet Mission 10 has a lot more chunkier enemies to play with where ranks are kept consistently up but each battle is as if you're marked for being on Assist. There's no consistency and it's flat out wrong.
PREACH mayne
Mission 10 is stupid hard to S rank on DMD
I honestly don't have any strats and the furies are no help either

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get a chance to play this at all in the last week sadly, but that changed today. I've basically turned my birthday into a marathon DMC5 day. I'm on mission 19, so I'm nearly done, but I wanted to share a few thoughts.

I can scarcely believe this game is real and got made. The original Devil May Cry is a monumental game for me. It completely change how I look at games, how I play them and the kinds of experiences I want out of them. I poured hundreds of hours into that game and I loved every second.

Dante, is a character without equal for me, in video games at least. He, and his game, represent something incredibly important to me as a fan and as someone who loves this hobby. The story of this series, while corny and silly was something I've always loved.

This game takes that gameplay, it takes that story and it takes that character to places I've been dreaming of since 2001. It may have been 12 years or whatever since 4, but I've been waiting since the credits first rolled on 1 for a sequel like this. I'm so excited to see how it ends, I hope it can finish as strong as its been this far. It's wonderful.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, there's even more mechanics after you finish the game.

Playing on SoS with Nero and just found out you can press RT right after attacking for a follow up hit with the Devil arm.

How are my fingers going to manage attacking, charging X, while timing my exceed gauge on LT, AND timing my Devil arm puches on RT... my mind is blowing up O_O

Quick question.

I started the game on the standard edition since my CE wasn't shipping from Amazon.

I got my CE with the deluxe copy of the game now.

Any way to claim the DLC but get rid of the free 100k orbs?

Googling only led me to PC version howtos.

I guess I could burn them on Devil Arms or something?

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question.

I started the game on the standard edition since my CE wasn't shipping from Amazon.

I got my CE with the deluxe copy of the game now.

Any way to claim the DLC but get rid of the free 100k orbs?

Googling only led me to PC version howtos.

I guess I could burn them on Devil Arms or something?
Honestly spend them on the get more orbs abilities or hell just buy the blue orbs it doesn't really matter. Red orbs are so easy to get in this game that it honestly isn't an issue if you start with 100k.

Oct 27, 2017
i feel yur pain. Trying to get S rank on SoS right now.
Haha, I just got past that stage on SoS and I got slapped with that B rank so hard.

My problem is that a lot of those encounters have some really, really fucking annoying enemies in it. That enemy with the noodle blade arms is just... ugh, get the fuck back here and fight Dante like a demon

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't get a chance to play this at all in the last week sadly, but that changed today. I've basically turned my birthday into a marathon DMC5 day. I'm on mission 19, so I'm nearly done, but I wanted to share a few thoughts.

I can scarcely believe this game is real and got made. The original Devil May Cry is a monumental game for me. It completely change how I look at games, how I play them and the kinds of experiences I want out of them. I poured hundreds of hours into that game and I loved every second.

Dante, is a character without equal for me, in video games at least. He, and his game, represent something incredibly important to me as a fan and as someone who loves this hobby. The story of this series, while corny and silly was something I've always loved.

This game takes that gameplay, it takes that story and it takes that character to places I've been dreaming of since 2001. It may have been 12 years or whatever since 4, but I've been waiting since the credits first rolled on 1 for a sequel like this. I'm so excited to see how it ends, I hope it can finish as strong as its been this far. It's wonderful.
I feel exactly the same. Incredible fucking game.