• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
XD, happens due to selecting Cavaliere as your melee weapon.

Also, I take back what I said in the graphics thread XD, I thought the models while excellent weren't close to the cutscene quality and overall comparable to a lot of games I've played, but jesus, playing with photomode, using a tighter FOV and checking out different lighting conditions, the character models are insane, so much detail it's crazy, also running at 60fps helps as well in how good they look. Just so good. :D

naQcmkq.gif
Where do I see thsi cutscene?

Oct 25, 2017
As my first DMC, lawd this game is fun. Still figuring out mechanics and the best ways to combo, but I'm averaging anywhere from B-S right now on mission rankings so I'm happy. Some of the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.

Awesome! It makes me so happy to see people getting into the series for the first time and seeing it click.

Must be kind of overwhelming, everyone complained that Nero was too basic in 4, so then you start playing the series with 5 and Nero has 5 million things to use.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried something that I hoped would work and it did.

When Chaos spins like a wheel you can use Cavalier (lock-on+style+forward) to head for a collision course in bike form.

Dante will ram through and break Chaos' armor in the process.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy how good just basic character model swaps look.

Also to the surprise of no one, there is a mod to allow you to play as different characters in different missions. And yes V/Nero have unique animations for the bosses they didn't get to fight. Vs animation on the final boss is ... interesting to say the least.

There is also a Turbo mode for PC mode but IIRC the Fury enemy is bugged in it.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda wanna do a cool kill for this fight, but i'm not sure how you stylishly avoid the tentacle that chases you without relying on breakers...I got some cool strats so far

Its crazy how good just basic character model swaps look.

Also to the surprise of no one, there is a mod to allow you to play as different characters in different missions. And yes V/Nero have unique animations for the bosses they didn't get to fight. Vs animation on the final boss is ... interesting to say the least.
Bruhhh i gotta finish this plat before moving to PC, dont do this to me!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Are there fortnite dance mods yet? Doing orange justice as a taunt is the right amount of dumb i need to see

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just triggered V's taunt where he conducts March of the Valkyries.

His taunts are the greatest freaking thing.

Also, replaying some other missions and it becomes glaringly obvious how messed up the ranking is on missions like 10.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Finally got to Dante last night, wow I forgot how many freaking weapons/ styles he has. The only other games in the series I played were DMC 4 and DmC.

I'm glad they gave us 2 straight Dante missions because boy he takes some getting used too.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Got the Platinum trophy. DMD S ranks weren't that hard for me but HaH S ranks were annoying.
Damn, I haven't even S ranked Devil Hunter lol. And Sekiro is almost upon us :(

Can't even begin to imagine mission 10 on SoS and DMD. How are the requirements on HaH? You're getting the no hit 2x bonus on every level no? I assume it isn't so hard in that case?

Oct 26, 2017
Hell Judeca enemy broken down:

Ja last one I figured out, you can just one shot this thing if you play around its bound and hitstun mechanic xD. If you dont know how to deal with it, it is hell on DMD.

I really enjoy the encounters and enemy design, but it does a terrible job at actually getting you to learn the mechanics. Like i see people struggle with Hell Antenora all the time because the mechanic is just not very clear, unless you stop and watch whats going on...which you wont cause DH/SOS are so easy.

You're lucky it's next friday, no way you can keep this up.
True enough, should have saved the V one till last! Also actual dmc talk we've been sleepin on Neros charge move, its sick for parrying

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoy the encounters and enemy design, but it does a terrible job at actually getting you to learn the mechanics. Like i see people struggle with Hell Antenora all the time because the mechanic is just not very clear, unless you stop and watch whats going on...which you wont cause DH/SOS are so easy.
That's the appeal of the series IMO. This has been a staple since DMC1 where enemies have weird quirks/mechanics that you don't really know of unless you have played the game a lot. Though the way they have done enemies in DMC5 hasn't been as good since DMC1 which is nice because that has been one of the faults of the series post DMC1.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ja last one I figured out, you can just one shot this thing if you play around its bound and hitstun mechanic xD. If you dont know how to deal with it, it is hell on DMD.

True enough, should have saved the V one till last! Also actual dmc talk we've been sleepin on Neros charge move, its sick for parrying

Your posts deserve an award. Such amazing breakdowns, and such continuous support.

Same for Dahbomb and Devil Never Cry. SSS posts.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah GwyndolinCinder has done phenomenal work for DMC5. I am constantly sharing his stuff on discord and everyone gets impressed by it. Excellent learning tool for the game.

Nov 7, 2017

Whats the input for thise last two moves dash to spinny thing to dragon uppercut?