Devil May Cry 5 |OT| It's been 11 years since we last met. Where does the time go?

Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me? You need 6,000 for an S rank on DMD? Fuck you. Fuck the Greryon Knight. He takes like 15 minutes to kill or some shit. I missed the S by 47 points. Fuck V. Fuck you.
Quick tip: you can hit enemies with your cane. It does signifact damage throughout an entire fight. Enemy step the shit out of bosses and spam that button while doing everything else.

Oct 27, 2017
It gets even worse on DMD. I'm really glad V only gets a handful of stages, because the combat system for him really just doesn't hold up nearly as well as Dante or even Nero.
I guess the only benefit would be that it's not very hard to get a high style rank and get orbs? I am most definitely not sinking them into upgrading any of V's skills so I can dump all of them into the Nero and Dante.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the only benefit would be that it's not very hard to get a high style rank and get orbs? I am most definitely not sinking them into upgrading any of V's skills so I can dump all of them into the Nero and Dante.
For DMD you're absolutely going to need to upgrade (at least) the Vim and Vigor paths for cat and bird. Otherwise they're gonna be dead in one hit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played DMD yet but I didn't have much trouble with V on SOS, felt just as easy to get S ranks too.

If you aren't upgrading him then I can see why you might be having issues.
Yeah, SoS is the last time I felt like V was actually a viable character. It's still KIND of a pain compared to the other two but it's still really easy to S-Rank levels with him.

Oct 27, 2017
It gets even worse on DMD. I'm really glad V only gets a handful of stages, because the combat system for him really just doesn't hold up nearly as well as Dante or even Nero.
It really depends on the enemy you’re fighting with him. Hell Judeccas just plain fucking suck with him. I need to take him to the Void and find quick ways to kill it and Furies. I don’t think he fights Furies in his campaign but you just know there’s gonna be some kind of triple Fury room in BP.

Oct 27, 2017
Fury can go to hell. How do I get a good combo on this ass. Also the hell judge something, the douche that teleports and has the purple goo shield.
There’s a ton of videos but Fury is cake with Dante. Parry him with Cerberus’ Ice Age attack or Balrog Blow Mode punch spam, then move in and use his forward triangle, forward style, jump , the air triangle combo thing, the air style where he slams down his fist, Real Impact. Idr the move names lol. Point is, parry and do a simple combo.

Hell Judeccas are also cake with Dante. Stun him with a Gunslinger shot with Ebony & Ivory, then move in and mash Balrog Blow Mode. Repeat until it gets dizzy and you can Real Impact. With Nero I just jump around and level 3 charge shot them and hit them till they’re dead. Not efficient yet. With V? Lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on my second play through on SoS and honestly these V missions do not hold up. I'm sure this is a super fresh hot take.
It's a steep learning curve with him imo.
I see his skills list and i think you can do some very dope stuff if you're creative,i've managed to do some nice combos with griphon and shadow myself but i barely practice tbh,i just spam shadow and do the dive attack with birdie.
It requires some micromanagement tbh,when to buff,charge DT,how to sync both pets' attack etc.
More awareness of your surroundings than usual too,when you're finishing an enemy with the cane you already need to plan what both beasts are doing in the background etc.
I'm definitely practicing after finishing all the secret missions,collect purple and blue orbs etc.