Devil May Cry 5 |OT| It's been 11 years since we last met. Where does the time go?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I got a complicated combo for Dante I'm working on but need motivation to finish it.
I love the game and the combat system so much and one of the reasons is because of how deep/complicated you can go with it.
I typically spend a few hours in the Void just practising some combos or getting the timing down on certain moves, once you do though and can pull of the combo/move at a more regular basis it just feels so good, then it's a just matter of spending time pulling it off during a mission to capture the footage. :D

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Yep, though I'm too lazy to do it on an actual mission and there's not a lot of good environments for Dante that has a nice backdrop I feel.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DHMalice, Millz and Rex Prime, prominent members of the DMC high level play community have published an extraordinary guide for Dante in DMC5. I highly recommend checking it out as it is very comprehensive:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing the game today. I'm not digging V. Like, at all. I figured I wouldn't like his playstyle from trailers and gameplay footage, and actually playing the game is making that even more obvious. Does he get better? Or will I just have to suffer until getting to the good stuff?

emag

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing the game today. I'm not digging V. Like, at all. I figured I wouldn't like his playstyle from trailers and gameplay footage, and actually playing the game is making that even more obvious. Does he get better? Or will I just have to suffer until getting to the good stuff?
There are like only three levels in which you have to play as V. But he does get a bit better once you buy his moves.

acmshar

Nov 26, 2017
Finally picked this up last week and beat it on normal then started SOS. I checked out DevilNeverCry's videos (which are great!), but does anyone have recommendations for intermediate guides for V and Dante. DNCs Nero video gave me some good ideas of things to practice for style, staying in the air, and damage, and I'm looking for something similar for V and Dante.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I've been wondering about V stuff as well. It seems like there's no tech whatsoever with him, unless you're really good like Sakaki.

Chasertech was doing stuff for Dante I think but I don't know how complete his videos are.

Omnistalgic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Man I hope it’s just the harder learning curve, but I’m enjoying Nero so much more than Dante. I get he’s supposed to be more flashy (Ken/Ryu = Dante/Nero&Virgil lol) and stylish but all this switching feels pretty cumbersome.

Does Dante gradually click? Or did you guys like playing as Nero better?

SunhiLegend great stuff man. This and your Horizon and GOW gifs are amazing!