• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wanting to learn V properly:

Go to DMD Mission 14. Fight the boss rush without using any Revives (Checkpoint instead). I'm learning SO much from these fights and starting out with Goliath vs Shadow really makes it easy to get a feel for how to dodge not only with V but also with Shadow. Once I got the timing of his attacks down I stopped keeping away with V and started running behind him and using Enemy Step in order to maintain a good position, which opened Shadow up to a lot more offense. I still recommend dodging stuff with Shadow first for practice though, it's very useful.

I went Cavalier with Nightmare + Shadow second since Nightmare has that huge teleport laser beam to chase down Cavaliere while he's powering up, but presumably Griffon would net you more practice since he dies so easily in this fight. Shadow can parry his attacks decently well, so go for that if you feel you've got the timing down. Artemis is by far the toughest for me because the attacks are just hard to dodge with V himself. Siderolling with Shadow proved much more useful than double jumping with Griffon, so there's that. The pets don't seem to get hurt too much in this fight, so you can probably go all-out offense while keeping V safe here.

Three completely different encounters that require you to learn three different aspects of V's gameplay. Genius design, shame it's locked behind DMD and people not spamming Revives (which should be disabled on DMD to begin with, come on Capcom.)

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nero's
FUCK YOU with the Devil Trigger remix starting as he transforms during the last fight
is the greatest and hypest thing in all videogame history

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Not trying to to too off topic but seeing this is so cool.

cbiCdcO.jpg

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
guys this might be looking into things too much but Bloody Palace is released April Fools
Fools
Fool
Foolishness
is Capcom that clever?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It is a rather perfect example of "less is more." While Nero has a sharp tongue, he doesn't rely on profanity very often, so the raw language there is that much more effective.

Yeah, like he says "fucking" every so often, but it's casual and feels more real, so when he YELLS it it has meaning behind it. Vs. Donte just throwing swears around like a kid who just saw South Park for the first time.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea like 4 bodies?

edit: Seems its just a phase the comes out way too late, i've skipped it every single time!

WHAT THE FUCK

THIS IS SO COOL!

This is like Flexile Sentry all over again, with that awesome water mechanic that no one saw in the vanilla game because the boss dies too quickly.

Great idea to have a clip with a bunch of different breakers! Nice one.

I love Tomboy's animations. <3

Jul 5, 2018
Beat this last night. Awesome game! I'm glad I played through the first four in anticipation for this. Really lived up to the hype! The graphics were amazing; gameplay was fun and varied. Characters were well realized (Nero's the best!) and this was probably the best story in the series along with 3. The ONLY gripe I had was some of the story aspects in the second half of the game that I wasn't too crazy about--but overall it was great. Easy 9.5 out of 10 from me.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So beat the game finally. Incredible game I think easily takes the crown for best in the franchise but I am pretty let down by how poorly Trish and Lady were used. Shit at least for all my disappointment with Kari in Kingdom Hearts 3 she at least got to do SOMETHING.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
So beat the game finally. Incredible game I think easily takes the crown for best in the franchise but I am pretty let down by how poorly Trish and Lady were used. Shit at least for all my disappointment with Kari in Kingdom Hearts 3 she at least got to do SOMETHING.

Kairi didn't do anything though lol.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Wanted to get through sos yesterday and ended up labbing again, when you have combo ideas you can't help but try it out and waste hours 😭. It's Friday now so hopefully can control myself can get through the higher difficulties.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm kind of really enjoying is how much Nero says fuck and swears and nobody is saying a thing about it but when DmC was out Dante saying "fuck" was a big point of contention used to try to discredit how childish he was as a character. Where all you at now? Lol.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm kind of really enjoying is how much Nero says fuck and swears and nobody is saying a thing about it but when DmC was out Dante saying "fuck" was a big point of contention used to try to discredit how childish he was as a character. Where all you at now? Lol.

I think Neros sounds more natural. DmCs seemed super forced. There was literally a scene which was just Dante and the Boos saying "Fuck you" like 5 times.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty weak gotcha since this is discussed literally on this very page. There are major differences in the way and context of DmC Dante's and Nero's swearing.

Just because they both use the same word doesn't mean they are on the same level.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

here's the difference: nero's cool nyeeeaaaaahhhhh

(I think dante still doesn't swear right?)

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the game went off of a cliff halfway through for me. The second half was much less enjoyable for me.

Oct 25, 2017
dMc donte was this weird Dante Nero hybrid but he wasn't as cool as either.

Swearing works with Nero because his whole deal is he's a hothead. All his animations sell his aggression so it fits.

Btw his last boss one liner surprised me so much I had to pause to laugh at it. So awesome

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I mean? I feel like the information the game gives you with regards to style is not as good as previous DMC games. i know this probably sounds like someone who is bitter because they can't get an S rank on a mission, but it's not like I'm being given a lot of feedback as to what I'm doing wrong.

So, not sure if your still having issues, but I got S rank on mission 8. So best I can understand is the way style points work is every enemy you fight (optional or not) affects your level style bonus average. And if you choose to ignore the first clump of weak enemies at the beginning of the level and go on to S-SSS rank the first mandatory fight right after you'll get around 4K+ style bonus. If you take on the enemies in the beginning and get a weak style bonus from them (2K for around a A rank in style) you'll exit the first required fight with around 3.5K style etc. I find using exceed moves, taunting and devil arm grab attacks super useful to build style in this level, once you get the pace down you can really dominate but it might be worth avoiding some of the optional fights to keep that style average up. I went into Urizen with around 4.7K style and after an ok run against him I sailed past the S rank requirement.

And on a more general note, damn does this game feel so good when all the pieces of combat come together perfectly. I legit can't remember the last game that felt this good to play combat wise. Capcom's outdone themselves this time.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I have not even once been given a Stylish rating by another player (and I hammer that button at the end of ever chapter). Makes me wonder if my play data isn't being shown to others for some reason. I'm on a PS4.

Happened to me too. Never got rated although I rate every time. I take this as a sign to beat the game without gold orbs.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
New Game+ spoilers:
Is the Buster Arm completely useless after you get Devil Bringer?

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone playing this on PC with a TCL 6 series? I can't get HDR to turn on. Other games I've tested HDR works just fine.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
What don't you like about it? The levels?

The levels, the characterizations, the voice acting ( other than Nero). Incredibly uninspired level design, and once you get Dante it just wasn't as fun for me. I thought the level design was atrocious in the final third. I still enjoyed my time with it, but I have no interest in going beyond a single play through. That notion would have shocked me after beating level 9, because up until then I loved it.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well, I caved. I had to buy it. I loved the demo and Capcom deserves my money after RE2.

Excited to try it.