• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
oh man glitching through other textures in the RE Engine looks reaaaaaal uncanny

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I can't with these fucking teleporting scythe hand guys. They're a million times worse than Furies. I can't find a quick way to kill them, especially because they're never alone.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I also have question. I Googled my heart out, but I can't find anything at all about the Lady and Trish costume pack that appears to have installed on my PS4 along with all the other pre-order and Deluxe Edition stuff. Think it must have been an Amazon Canada specific pre-order promo. I'm not talking about the Alt/Ex Heroine colours - I have those too, and they have a seperate download icon (DMCV logo). They appear on the costume select screen. This is a separate pack with a picture of Lady and Gloria from DMC4 on the download icon. It's the same art as the DMC4 SE Lady and Trish Costume pack, but clicking on it opens DMCV.

I'm a couple of missions away from finishing the game. Will these become available after the first run?

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I have been trying for 3 hours to get S rank on mission 18 and I'm at the point where I think this is something I'm not going to be able to do. The enemy encounter on the level is ABYSMAL and does not allow for me to build up to an even an S combo on any of the encounters because there are so few enemies that die so quickly. And the other half of the encounters involve certain enemies that scriptedly run away once they reach half health. This is making me want to claw my eyes out and I've tried on Human, Devil Hunter, and SOS

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Their the last enemy type I figured out, sadly too late for Jintor and Selina );

Normal enemies have really great mechanics, but the game teaches 0 of them.

thanks for thinking of us lol

it's not really that I found them difficult per say, it's more than anything that has teleporting/invul frame downtime where I can't hit things irritates me. These guys at least get juggled until they hit the ground, most of the time

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
About how long is this? I haven't played Devil May Cry since DmC was re-released, and am an average or slightly above average player at best. I look around for things, but don't go overboard. I also don't give a shit about rank.

Gonna borrow it for a week.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
V fighting against the final boss mod:

That crimson jacket Dante mod looks so good. I have to get on this PC version.

About how long is this? I haven't played Devil May Cry since DmC was re-released, and am an average or slightly above average player at best. I look around for things, but don't go overboard. I also don't give a shit about rank.

Gonna borrow it for a week.

Like 10-12 hours if you just blast through, not hunting around for collectibles or replaying missions.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
This reminded me - while Seeds of Love and Devils Never Cry are fairly strong main themes; and although I'm not the biggest fan of Out of Darkness and Shall Never Surrender they're at least memorable - I oddly can't remember Legacy at all unless it's in the form of a cheesy saxophone ballad.

Still, Devil Trigger and the rest of the game's soundtrack makes up for it - this is probably the overall strongest soundtrack in the series (boss themes, ambient themes taken as well as regular battle tracks) since DMC1.

Oct 26, 2017
thanks for thinking of us lol

it's not really that I found them difficult per say, it's more than anything that has teleporting/invul frame downtime where I can't hit things irritates me. These guys at least get juggled until they hit the ground, most of the time
Until I figured out how the mechanic actually works, I was just "air trick-> blaster twining" hoping to get the launch.What i do now is charge shot counter, then balrog them to death in one punish.

Yea i'm not saying i'm god, but i certainly got them god hands.
I'll see myself out

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does SoS have a pretty big difficulty spike on mission 10? I'm doing a terrible job trying to S rank it.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
yoo those costume mods for the pc version..

I need to buy a bluetooth dongle first tho, wired connection is always dodgy AF for me, cant handle that with this game.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far but my biggest complaint has got to be the audio mixing (PC version). I'm going to need to keep going into the sound optuon and moving the sliders around, then mess with my systems overall volume until I find the right balance.

The music and style announcers both seem super quiet compared to everything else...

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far but my biggest complaint has got to be the audio mixing (PC version). I'm going to need to keep going into the sound optuon and moving the sliders around, then mess with my systems overall volume until I find the right balance.

The music and style announcers both seem super quiet compared to everything else...
Yeah that is definitely an issue. The audio mix in the game is off but easily fixed by moving some sliders (you want to move the sound effects down while keeping music at max). It's a shame because the game has INCREDIBLE sound design, some of the best in gaming.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that is definitely an issue. The audio mix in the game is off but easily fixed by moving some sliders (you want to move the sound effects down while keeping music at max). It's a shame because the game has INCREDIBLE sound design, some of the best in gaming.

Yeah I've got to mess with it for a bit before I go any further. What I do manage to hear sounds awesome, it's just how often I can hear it is unfortunately inconsistent!

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So when Capcom gonna give is shirtless/coatless Nero in DMC5?

Capture.PNG

I am waiting.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool that we're seeing mods for this already. what i'd LOVE to see is a mod that makes the "variable" effects that are currently only visible in cutscenes apply to gameplay

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
I see the 3 million Orb Taunts more as a way of addressing the fact that every combo video player you see on Youtube has their red orb counter maxed out at 9,999,999 or whatever because you just run out of stuff to buy when you're putting 100+ hours into the game. They're such non-vital moves that nobody's going to specifically grind or pay for them.

But, yeah, it all feeds into the fact that they've included a lot of new mechanics that specifically make Red Orbs more valuable to coincide with them being purchasable with real money. The taunts aren't necessarily going to get people opening their wallets, but having Red Orbs no longer shared between characters, a new weapon that feeds off Red Orbs and particularly the option to revive and damage all enemies at the same time with Red Orbs are much harder to defend. I mean, look how much damage the most expensive Red Orb revive option does; your credit card hits harder than Sin DT. Obviously you don't have to spend money to enjoy the game, but the same is true of every other game out there with optional microtransactions, and DMC5's implementation is no less scummy than any other publisher's implementation.

I want those trophies, tho.

If they wanna reward the combo-makers, maybe give them something that doesn't affect gameplay?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
So when Capcom gonna give is shirtless/coatless Nero in DMC5?

Capture.PNG

I am waiting.

The full model's entirely white pubes are...fascinating.

It's actually interesting to look at how they handled Dante's hair in 5 to deal with the white hair in a realistic artstyle - the base stubble on the texture is dark while the modeled hair is white, and his eyebrows are black in the centre fading to white at the edges (and the chest hair is just black). If I remember correctly, in DMC4 both his eyebrows and stubble were just black.

hm.png

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i liked that they actually explained hobo dante's grizzledness

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I want those trophies, tho.

If they wanna reward the combo-makers, maybe give them something that doesn't affect gameplay?

I didn't think about that, but if you're going for the Platinum you're definitely going to earn those orbs the hard way trying to get that 'S-Rank every mission on every difficulty' Trophy.

Weird that his hair grew like four inches in a month but he only ended up with a few days' stubble, though :P

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Never understood the need to platinum a game, the only platinum I have is in Bloodborne and I just happened to get it while progressing.

Also holy shit Proto Angelo hits hard as fuck in DMD and feels like his health never goes down. That Angelo fight at the end of mission 7 was the first time I used two revives and it feels awful. I finished the mission but I know I'm gonna get my ass handed to me on the Dante missions.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

And that the one-month-later model perfectly replicates his DMC1 hair. There are so many points where I was reminded of the original renders.

maxresdefault.jpg

In comparison, playing with the prologue hair kind of feels like bowl-cut post-Y0 Majima.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that his hair grew like four inches in a month but he only ended up with a few days' stubble, though :P

Demon... head hair... beard! Something something.

In comparison, playing with the prologue hair kind of feels like bowl-cut post-Y0 Majima.

I always thought DMC3 Dante's hair was the dorkiest.

Yeah I've been at it for a while. I can't imagine DMD.

The fun part is, after DMD, SOS seems like an absolute breeze

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed all of the secret missions. Now I'm gonna look for all the blue orb fragments and purple orb fragments.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Never understood the need to platinum a game, the only platinum I have is in Bloodborne and I just happened to get it while progressing.

Also holy shit Proto Angelo hits hard as fuck in DMD and feels like his health never goes down. That Angelo fight at the end of mission 7 was the first time I used two revives and it feels awful. I finished the mission but I know I'm gonna get my ass handed to me on the Dante missions.
DMD's bad, yeah. Though if you're Nero you can cheese that one pretty easily by just never leaving the skies. I skipped every optional encounter in Mission 8 and now it feels like I'm just avoiding the core of the game because of the terrible enemy hp values so I'm probably going to call it quits. I might grind down the prologue boss if I ever want to see the other hard difficulty since 1 hit + 3 continues with SoS values sounds far more interesting than MOAR HP MOAR DAMAHGE

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah the grind for 9 million orbs for the three taunts is so insane I'm just straight up not going to do it.

I know on PS4 and Xbox you can cheese this with saves but I don't think you can do this on steam since it's all autosave

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I admit to running through most of DMD too lol

I ain't too proud

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Is Royal Guard overpowered? It feels like it is. I beat Caveliere Angelo with it on DMD and it felt like I was using it as a crutch with how much DT it gives you. You even get DT while DT-ed!

My only beef with DMD is I don't like how DT-ed enemies look like they are engulfed in fart gas. But I feel Nero and Dante have easy enough access to ridiculously powerful attacks like MaxAct and real impact to deal with them.