• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
If Vergil becomes playable later down the line, I'd like to see a cutscene of him mugging some dude to get Beowulf back. I imagine he'd feel really weird to play without them, I need my Lunar Phase spam back!

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Who needs familiars anyways ?

ERMfnz8.gif

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few complaints with the combat and I was wondering if anyone felt the same. Actually it has more to do with the ranking system than the combat.

V is broken in this regard. You can literally mash triangle and square and you will get an SSS in no time.
Dante is also WAY too easy to get SSS with. Just do a few combos and then switch you devil arm and you'll continue to raise your rank all the way up to SSS with minimal effort.

I truly believe Nero is the only one that seems to have a balanced ranking system as it seems to require legit effort to hit SSS.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
If Vergil becomes playable later down the line, I'd like to see a cutscene of him mugging some dude to get Beowulf back. I imagine he'd feel really weird to play without them, I need my Lunar Phase spam back!

I seriously think there's a chance of him being Yamato and Summoned Swords-only.

DMC5 takes a fair bit from DmC's incarnation of him, which only gave him Yamato; it'd be a way to distinguish him among the other three playable characters, and there are no animations for him using other weapons in the game currently, whether player or enemy - 3 had him using Beowulf and Force Edge in the main game. He also uses moves formerly restricted to those weapons with just Yamato as a boss.

Doppelganger and Quicksilver with an expanded Yamato moveset (stances? some additional Concentration / JC stuff?) might be everything.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Focus should absolutely shift from Dante-Vergil to Nero-Nico and/or Lady-Trish for DMC6.

The DMC5 ending pretty much sets it up.

Even as far back as DMC3 Itsuno had plans to make a Lady only game.

The question is if it will sell to Capcom's expectations.

Jan 15, 2018
I started playing Dante must Die and damn, it's really fucking hard. Son of Sparda only gave me trouble at the end, but DmD is constantly kicking my ass. Don't know if this counts as a spoiler but:

I hate that enemies have DT just like in 3, that sudden armour and damage buff is no joke, I'd rather them have that damage by default and get rid of the armour altogether

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
If you could ask Itsuno a question, what would you ask him?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
He said his goal was to make the best action game in the Heisei period. Which game had this title before DMC5?

Also, bug him about Dragon's Dogma. We need people doing more of that to make sure it happens.

EDIT: Actually, I think it was Okabe who said that. So scratch that question if Okabe isn't there.

So bug him twice about Dragon's Dogma.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
Is Bloody Palace going to have online coop?

When are we getting playable Vergil DLC as he is already datamined in the game?

What about being able to play missions as different characters?

When are we getting Turbo mode?

Where are all the bonus costumes?

Are you aware of some of these menu load times on consoles and do you plan on fixing them?

What was the idea behind tier 3 red orbs removing 30% of HP of DMD bosses without any negative penalty?

Why did you allow the Faust weapon to one shot DMD bosses after sacrificing 150K red orbs?

What was the design process behind most of the later levels in the game?

Can you guys patch in pause during cutscenes? Re2 has it as well.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to finishing. Overall it was ok. I think I had more fun with 4 and the reboot, though. Didn't care for the bosses and that stupid tree setting got really repetitive. The enemies all looked too similar and blended together in a battle, and targeting was a nightmare. It was also really confusing to switch characters all the time because you would get muscle memory down and then have to switch. I wouldn't mind playing again if I could pick who I wanted to play

Oct 25, 2017
i should rephrease: what would you ask itsuno that wouldn't immediately get you jumped on by his pr handler
Pretty harmless question that I think people would actually appreciate knowing a definitive answer to:

Are Vergil and Dante not identical twins? Was the DMC3 look a technical limitation then, or was this an aesthetic change made for DMC5?

Forgot I'm not in the spoiler thread.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i should rephrease: what would you ask itsuno that wouldn't immediately get you jumped on by his pr handler
Oh you mean soft ball questions:

*Are you happy with the sales and critic reception of DMC5 thus far?

*Is there plan of DMC5 post release support beyond Bloody palace?

*Whats the future of DMC series looking like? Would we have to wait long for a new DMC game?

*Were there plans of other returning DMC weapons like Agni and Rudra and Nevan in DMC5? What about other DMC bosses and enemies?

*What were some things you wanted included in DMC5 (like the Balrog boss) but didn't get the time to put in?

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Can anyone explain me the point system in this game? Sometimes I don't get it. I just had a fight were I pulled of some nice stuff with dante and finished with SSS and got around 3500 point. In the next fight I sucked and got hit a couple of time and I got around 3400 point. It's just weird to me

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain me the point system in this game? Sometimes I don't get it. I just had a fight were I pulled of some nice stuff with dante and finished with SSS and got around 3500 point. In the next fight I sucked and got hit a couple of time and I got around 3400 point. It's just weird to me
Its not about finishing a fight with SSS, its how long you stay in high S ranks. Its not about getting to SSS, its about maintaining it. Person who is able to retain a S rank is gonna score higher than someone who spikes a lot in a fight but can get to SSS here and there.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

[Hidden content]
Was there an original intention to incorporate the game's multiple fighter mechanic into the final boss fight? It seems like a three-way fight between Dante, Nero, and Vergil was being built up to with the game's features in mind.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Eva look like she spaces out for a sec when putting Dante in the closet?

Why doesn't Trish tell Dante who V is?

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got the JoJo counter on Geryons charge move earlier, the timing is ridiculous, but it looks super sexy sexy

Ask him
  • How much jojo did the team watch whilst designing him?
  • When are we gettin Vs bizarre adventure dlc that takes place before the game starts? :)
  • Also why did they change the lock on switch system....
You have to pay. The red Cavaliere also has a unique move that pretty much makes it better than the regular one.
If you dont jump cancel or wiff this... RIP

Just a heads up, you can throw a rose at a Fury as it spawns and it'll launch it, making it vulnerable. I did it against the first SoS Fury on mission 10. I charged up Balrog before going into the room, then switch to Blow mode, threw a rose when it spawned, then used a DT Real Impact to instantly kill it. I'm not sure if this works against heavier enemies.
Can rose every attack of theres, but air taunts make enemies DT in this game. Not sure how the % chance for it to happen works

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up, you can throw a rose at a Fury as it spawns and it'll launch it, making it vulnerable. I did it against the first SoS Fury on mission 10. I charged up Balrog before going into the room, then switch to Blow mode, threw a rose when it spawned, then used a DT Real Impact to instantly kill it. I'm not sure if this works against heavier enemies.

Thickstone

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a casual fan of the series and try to decide whether this game is for me.

Loved 1
Liked 3
Disliked 4. Terrible OST, level design was meh and and I hated the 2nd half. It made me drop the remaster like a hot potato.
Found DmC to be okay, didn't like the color coding and story. I liked it well enough to finish it and felt entertained.

What keeps me from buying this are the opinions on the second half. It sounds awfully similar to DMC 4 in this regard.

I want to play this badboy and have a fun playthrough, enjoy the battle system without overthinking it (couldn't care less about improving my playstyle and will be fine with the medium difficulty).

Help me era will I like this game

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

ahaha what

gotta give this a shot. i still fucking hate furies, even on SOS if i slip up they mess up my shit if there's more than one

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
Yea I'm having real trouble getting some S ranks even though I'm not getting hit and generally staying in the A-SSS style range. But I'll end the fight with like 3500 points or something.
The style points system in this game is not lenient at all

Oct 26, 2017
Legit though Jintor ask him how he felt making DMC post bayonetta/souls. Or if it even crossed his mind that new players who come from these games would struggle to play DMC.

For the trophies do you need to get S ranks for each character in choice missions?

Both, you fucking asshole!
Yooo, i just opened up psn store to buy beat saber dlc. It got a spot next to apex legends! Now gotta hope i never have to scroll past it!

Last edited:

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Dante: If the Yamato can separate demon from man what can the Rebellion do

He either knows or he's an idiot who bought a terrible story V tried to sell him

I don't think Dante realizes who V is until he's about to absorb Urizan.

Trish had the chance to tell him. You'd think she'd know it would be important.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think Dante realizes who V is until he's about to absorb Urizan.

Trish had the chance to tell him. You'd think she'd know it would be important.
He literally knows that Vergil split himself in two and tries it on himself, right after waking up after a month and bouncing on V and Griffin. So he either knows V is Vergil's humanity from the moment he accepts the job or thinks V is just some random dude who happens to know these insanely specific details on his brother and his machinations. Probably the former.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a casual fan of the series and try to decide whether this game is for me.

Loved 1
Liked 3
Disliked 4. Terrible OST, level design was meh and and I hated the 2nd half. It made me drop the remaster like a hot potato.
Found DmC to be okay, didn't like the color coding and story. I liked it well enough to finish it and felt entertained.

What keeps me from buying this are the opinions on the second half. It sounds awfully similar to DMC 4 in this regard.

I want to play this badboy and have a fun playthrough, enjoy the battle system without overthinking it (couldn't care less about improving my playstyle and will be fine with the medium difficulty).

Help me era will I like this game

It's nothing like the second half of DMC4, who told you that?
The game definitely picks up during the second half, the common negative being the level design is a bit dull though I don't mind it.
No backtracking involved, every character has their own bosses to fight so none of that shite from DMC 4 returned.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
So, did Nell Goldstein make Luce & Ombra as well? It'd make sense with the inscription, but it's odd that it wouldn't be mentioned in a file or something - their origin has always been a bit weird since they were kept on as more than a noncanon bonus post-1.

Game def needs more outfit color swaps or jacket removal costumes.

Especially since at least some of the characters have full models of the clothes worn under the coat. You could also mock up a shirtless V easily since he has the naked model ingame.