• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
Mission 8 on SoS, pls. S ranked it second try but fuck me are most of the encounters impossible to generate any style points in. There's a real warped metric system on certain missions, as if some of them are just outright bugged. I'm pretty consistent but shit varies depending on very particular missions. Can't wait for mission 10 given the pain that was on DH to S rank.
Mission 10 is by far the hardest to S rank in my experience. I must be on my 30th try and still no S. It didn't take this long on DH lol. MIssion 12 and 18 after that.

Ignore all non mandatory fights, should help.

Oct 25, 2017
IT IS DONE
DiligentRemarkableBlueshark-max-1mb.gif

D1vWvJyWsAELNCK.jpg

D1vWu0aX4AENf06.jpg

It wasn't even my best run smh but thank god it's over, My hand needs to heal
LA2SalU.png
SoS difficulty? Took me easily over 30 tries for that one... DMD was a piece of cake to S Rank.

Mission 19 though. Dante Must Die indeed, jesus christ.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i've played 58 hours of this game and i still can't pronounce the goddamn tree properly

KWAI-FOFTH

Oct 27, 2017
Folks playing through on DMD difficulty, are you trying to kill one enemy at a time so there aren't a bunch of enemies with their DT active or are you just winging it?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Please say theres somehow a way to stop the game making the direction inputs for skills relative to your character. I've only played DmC before this and I can't get used to my skills not doing the right thing because the enemy is slightly to the side of me

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me? Mission 12 is another one of those missions where it's hard as fuck to gain style points for whatever reason. What the hell is up with this? I barely get hit but still get an A.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my fucking God I've been sleeping on royal guard. On the mission 19 boss I took away half his life in two hits and S ranked the mission easily after struggling for a while. Fuck me the game has changed

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do any of y'all change V's controls at all? I know it's the norm for Nero, and Dante is fine the way he is, but I'm curious about people's preferences with V.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think I'm giving up on S ranking DMD for now. I don't want my memories of this game to be tainted by me having to replay these five or so missions almost hundreds of times because of these out there style rank requirements.

Might be the first DMC game I don't do this for during the launch window ;_;

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Mission 10 why do you do this. There's no way this shit is intended. There is a lot of ranking imbalances in this game and they really ought to tighten those out. Some missions have weaker enemies that I could mash my way to S rank with ease without any thought to the encounters and yet Mission 10 has a lot more chunkier enemies to play with where ranks are kept consistently up but each battle is as if you're marked for being on Assist. There's no consistency and it's flat out wrong.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something is definitely messed up with missions like 10.

I didn't do even half the things I'm doing here on many other mission but got S rank on quite of few of them on my first run through SOS.

The scores after fights seem to make no sense on M10. I often get higher scores when I get slapped around than when all goes silky smooth.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Mission 10 why do you do this. There's no way this shit is intended. There is a lot of ranking imbalances in this game and they really ought to tighten those out. Some missions have weaker enemies that I could mash my way to S rank with ease without any thought to the encounters and yet Mission 10 has a lot more chunkier enemies to play with where ranks are kept consistently up but each battle is as if you're marked for being on Assist. There's no consistency and it's flat out wrong.
PREACH mayne
Mission 10 is stupid hard to S rank on DMD
I honestly don't have any strats and the furies are no help either

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Ok just S ranked Mission 12 by using SDT at every single opportunity. Still barely got it though. So the only other mission that's stupid hard to S rank is 18 right?

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get a chance to play this at all in the last week sadly, but that changed today. I've basically turned my birthday into a marathon DMC5 day. I'm on mission 19, so I'm nearly done, but I wanted to share a few thoughts.

I can scarcely believe this game is real and got made. The original Devil May Cry is a monumental game for me. It completely change how I look at games, how I play them and the kinds of experiences I want out of them. I poured hundreds of hours into that game and I loved every second.

Dante, is a character without equal for me, in video games at least. He, and his game, represent something incredibly important to me as a fan and as someone who loves this hobby. The story of this series, while corny and silly was something I've always loved.

This game takes that gameplay, it takes that story and it takes that character to places I've been dreaming of since 2001. It may have been 12 years or whatever since 4, but I've been waiting since the credits first rolled on 1 for a sequel like this. I'm so excited to see how it ends, I hope it can finish as strong as its been this far. It's wonderful.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, there's even more mechanics after you finish the game.

Playing on SoS with Nero and just found out you can press RT right after attacking for a follow up hit with the Devil arm.

How are my fingers going to manage attacking, charging X, while timing my exceed gauge on LT, AND timing my Devil arm puches on RT... my mind is blowing up O_O

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Finally S ranked mission 10 on SoS. 5607 points and that's cos I ended up spamming DT in the latter fights to preserve my style rank. Sigh, at least it's done and I'm better against Furies now.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Quick question.

I started the game on the standard edition since my CE wasn't shipping from Amazon.

I got my CE with the deluxe copy of the game now.

Any way to claim the DLC but get rid of the free 100k orbs?

Googling only led me to PC version howtos.

I guess I could burn them on Devil Arms or something?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question.

I started the game on the standard edition since my CE wasn't shipping from Amazon.

I got my CE with the deluxe copy of the game now.

Any way to claim the DLC but get rid of the free 100k orbs?

Googling only led me to PC version howtos.

I guess I could burn them on Devil Arms or something?

Honestly spend them on the get more orbs abilities or hell just buy the blue orbs it doesn't really matter. Red orbs are so easy to get in this game that it honestly isn't an issue if you start with 100k.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
i feel yur pain. Trying to get S rank on SoS right now.

Haha, I just got past that stage on SoS and I got slapped with that B rank so hard.

My problem is that a lot of those encounters have some really, really fucking annoying enemies in it. That enemy with the noodle blade arms is just... ugh, get the fuck back here and fight Dante like a demon