• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game and the finale did little for me. I actually feel kind of disappointed. Good game but nothing mind blowing.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
AP4XZGX.gif

dos double goggles

sunhi you legend

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't get a chance to play this at all in the last week sadly, but that changed today. I've basically turned my birthday into a marathon DMC5 day. I'm on mission 19, so I'm nearly done, but I wanted to share a few thoughts.

I can scarcely believe this game is real and got made. The original Devil May Cry is a monumental game for me. It completely change how I look at games, how I play them and the kinds of experiences I want out of them. I poured hundreds of hours into that game and I loved every second.

Dante, is a character without equal for me, in video games at least. He, and his game, represent something incredibly important to me as a fan and as someone who loves this hobby. The story of this series, while corny and silly was something I've always loved.

This game takes that gameplay, it takes that story and it takes that character to places I've been dreaming of since 2001. It may have been 12 years or whatever since 4, but I've been waiting since the credits first rolled on 1 for a sequel like this. I'm so excited to see how it ends, I hope it can finish as strong as its been this far. It's wonderful.

I feel exactly the same. Incredible fucking game.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
dos double goggles

sunhi you legend
XD, happens due to selecting Cavaliere as your melee weapon.

Also, I take back what I said in the graphics thread XD, I thought the models while excellent weren't close to the cutscene quality and overall comparable to a lot of games I've played, but jesus, playing with photomode, using a tighter FOV and checking out different lighting conditions, the character models are insane, so much detail it's crazy, also running at 60fps helps as well in how good they look. Just so good. :D

naQcmkq.gif

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Also, I take back what I said in the graphics thread XD, I thought the models while excellent weren't close to the cutscene quality and overall comparable to a lot of games I've played, but jesus, playing with photomode, using a tighter FOV and checking out different lighting conditions, the character models are insane, so much detail it's crazy, also running at 60fps helps as well in how good they look. Just so good. :D

naQcmkq.gif
Dmc5 graphics are just incredible. Never thought I would play a game 4k/60fps with this graphical fidelity this gen.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
*Skips 70% of M12 by floating into the air with Cavaliere the perpetual motion machine, and trickstering over to each gargoyle on DMD*

The true DMD experience. I ain't dealing with that double Fury shit

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
is it just me or is their hair tech like just fucking amazing? Did i just miss playing a bunch of games where they were like 'hey we finally worked out what the fuck hair models like'?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the book helped. I'm going to try to finish dmd tomorrow, I got to m8 today right after beating SoS.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I THINK I'm getting the hang of using all 4 arms and guns with Dante. It helps that I stick to the same couple of combos.

Oct 26, 2017
voltaic is definitely my favourite boss, maybe even over FinalBoss!

/edit are you fucking kidding me did you royalguard through the mega lightning storm
Not exactly much competition between the other dante bosses "which is my favorite punching wall?". Just not very engaging bosses, straight up sponges with weakass movesets.
Nero and Vs bosses are much better with the exception of gilgamesh....just why. Every nero boss encourages you to stay in the air. The V bosses are really good at highlighting what makes him unique. Dante bosses just encourage you to royal guard everything and spam balrog on the ground.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The mission 17 boss is very cool presentation/animation/moveset wise but is kinda broken design wise because 90% of its moves miss if you are up in the air. You can tell that the boss is aiming for a target on the ground rather than someone who is in the air.

In other news I have discovered the power of charged Cerberus. More damage, more style gain... very effective to weave in to your air attacks. And Revolver just like in DMC3 acts like an active parry hit box.

Oct 29, 2017
......finally looked through all of dantes skills

........FUCK. this is like dmc4 on crack

Edit: wait, why do all of dante's loadouts have to have the sword equipped? How do I get rid of it? I just want bike and Cerberus

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
......finally looked through all of dantes skills

........FUCK. this is like dmc4 on crack
I haven't done an accurate count yet because every time I want to go in the list to start counting I just end up trying out some stuff anyway... but Dante seems to have something like 130 moves in the game... That's 130+ moves that you have access to at any given time.

Also Quadruple S is actually pretty damn good. It's like tapping into the power of the Sin DT without the negatives. Now I wish there are more mechanics like this in the future, stuff that is only accessible at high ranks.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So...is using the hat's moves kinda cheating?

It doing all that big damage and all.
Well nothing really is cheating as it's a game mechanic in the game. Probably something they don't expect to be very useful on something like Hell and Hell mode where you get one shotted (assuming you are talking about the meteor summon). Or if you do use it, you may not be in the combat long enough to get enough stylish points to get a S rank. Hard to say really without experimenting with it in numerous combat situations.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well nothing really is cheating as it's a game mechanic in the game. Probably something they don't expect to be very useful on something like Hell and Hell mode where you get one shotted (assuming you are talking about the meteor summon). Or if you do use it, you may not be in the combat long enough to get enough stylish points to get a S rank. Hard to say really without experimenting with it in numerous combat situations.

True, though you could probably still use it to get an S rank if you go for a no damage run.

The no damage x2 score multiplier pretty much guarantees S rank iirc.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But using the long charge move in a fight only increases your chance of getting hit in the first place. So it's a weird one. But I think even with these considerations, under no circumstances it should be able to one shot a DMD boss. Going from a 5-6 minute boss fight to 40 seconds is really silly despite the set up and red orb "cost" required.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Well I finished the game and overall I'm just as pleased with the whole package as I was during my post a little while ago. I might have a few nitpicks here and there, but it's about all I could have ever asked for in a Devil May Cry sequel.

Question, I saw the after credits scene which was cool and definitely made the ending feel more satisfying. After that...and I think all the unlocks it started to roll the cutscene where Nero jumps out of the van and is shooting demons and all that. I'm assuming that's just the game starting over again and I didn't skip through some final variant of that cutscene?

Oct 26, 2017
Ironically dante bosses will probably be more fun as Nero. More ways to just get sick ass damage off and stylishly.

I really wanna see Nero
  • Bash KC heads together
  • Use CA shield wings against him
  • Bury urizen into the ground or something idk
  • Use pony to slow time down and beat the ever leaving shit out of CA
  • Hopefully the tentacles in Nidhogg can be used against him or s/t, that would be dope
bp update dont disappoint me

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah Mission 10 on Devil Hunter is fuken impossible. A hundred tries later, not matter how many S+ I get in battles I can never get S rank, nerf this shit pls

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've already beaten Devil Hunter, that's honestly really disappointing. Why not have full customization?
There IS full customization (you can go in with ALL weapons or NO weapons even) but I think you need to beat SoS mode first.

My guess is that they want players to actually get good enough with the game, the sword and the mechanics to be able to make the choice to use the less orthodox weapons only. I can already imagine playing the game as Dante without access to Stinger on command and have some issues.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So this is interesting. (13:10) and on. In a new interview Reuben goes on to talk about how Itsuno had his resignation letter ready and was very close to leaving Capcom after what happened with DmC unless they let him do what he wanted (DMC5)

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's like this on consoles but on the PC the audio mixing is kinda fucked.

I had the music slider all the way to the max while lowering voices and sound FX to like 3 dots each and the music is still at a pretty low level.

What's up with that? Not to mention it will also stop playing in some later missions then come back.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's like this on consoles but on the PC the audio mixing is kinda fucked.

I had the music slider all the way to the max while lowering voices and sound FX to like 3 dots each and the music is still at a pretty low level.

What's up with that? Not to mention it will also stop playing in some later missions then come back.
There is an audio desync issue (sometimes also on consoles) that happens sometimes. I think there are some fixes available around.

So this is interesting. (13:10) and on. In a new interview Reuben goes on to talk about how Itsuno had his resignation letter ready and was very close to leaving Capcom after what happened with DmC unless they let him do what he wanted (DMC5)

This is probably thread worthy but this is also not something that Rueben should have said lol.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Even if Itsuno likes DmC as much as he tells in those interviews there was always bound to be more stuff behind the scenes that people don't know about.

I'm not surpised but it would have been a tragic loss if Itsuno left after that. It's understandable since everything about that launch was a shitshow.

Super glad he has so much freedom at Capcom and that the higher ups actually let him do what he wants.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Capcom intended to make DmC2 following DmC but Itsuno wasn't having it and gave his resignation letter and said he would leave until he get to make the DMC game that he wanted to make.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
*scribbles notes*

god i wish i had all the time in the world to prep on this...

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017

crazy talk, losing Itsuno would have been awful considering how visionary he's been.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This absolutely makes sense, there is no reason that someone of his caliber should go that long without directing a proper new project.

Wait, just remembered that I made a thread about this a couple of years back lol.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

naQcmkq.gif

This feels redundant to ask but I assume this is a character swap? Also I guess to ask on top of stupid questions, is it going to be inevitable that an update breaks the denuvo free exe locking official copies from mods? I don't know how it works, so.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

naQcmkq.gif

Goddamn I love how she looks in this game.

Is this the weaponless point? Hah.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I love how she looks in this game.

Is this the weaponless point? Hah.
It's just the animation when switching style while standing, I think it was selecting Trickster. :D
This feels redundant to ask but I assume this is a character swap? Also I guess to ask on top of stupid questions, is it going to be inevitable that an update breaks the denuvo free exe locking official copies from mods? I don't know how it works, so.
Yes, it's a character swap mod, swaps out Dante for Lady.
Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qBK7P_nweo
Also then used another mod which lets you swap playable characters in Missions, selected Dante and booted up this location which is in a Nero Mission. Should be on Nexus Mods.
Not sure about update stuff, usually though with other games I've played updates haven't been too much of a problem breaking mods and usually mods get updated in case an update does break it. Not sure though.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i do like if you do royal guard with dante with no gun equipped, he just finger guns the whole time

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was a way to disable lock on grab after you beat DH. Would just like circle to be Devil breaker only

Last edited: