• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
After close to a 100 tries,10+ hours lmaooo, literally had to SS-SSS every single battle without getting hit (maybe a few times), and use SDT on boss to finish it quickly.
Why tf did they make this shit so hard to S rank? Cant even imagine Human
(Devil Hunter difficulty)
lSAENgF.jpg

33-Hit-Combo

Oct 30, 2017
So regarding mission 11's boss...

Trish tries to tell Dante that Cavalier was... Before he cuts her off. What was she gonna say? Is he meant to be Alastor after all?

So regarding mission 11's boss...

Trish tries to tell Dante that Cavalier was... Before he cuts her off. What was she gonna say? Is he meant to be Alastor after all?

Dante has a habit of running away whenever someone wants to tell him something and it's all "AUGH. DANTE. YOU DUMBASS." .... :(
I don't think they ever explained what Trish was going to tell him either. SUSPENSE FOREVER.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the game tonight. Had to use my first gold orb on the final boss. Great game that I plan to go through again.

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dante has a habit of running away whenever someone wants to tell him something and it's all "AUGH. DANTE. YOU DUMBASS." .... :(
I don't think they ever explained what Trish was going to tell him either. SUSPENSE FOREVER.

As I understand it:

She's talking about Urizen being Vergil, which Dante already knows. She then asks V about it but his silence confirms what she suspects.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Trish is talking about Urizen actually being Vergil.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Welp, that thread went great. I'm just happy Itsuno stuck with Capcom to grace us with this game. Also, Ruben is possibly more than just a nutjob but also maybe just a bad person? Didn't watch the part of the interview that some people in the thread were talking about but it's a shame if that's true. He does a good job of hiding that when he's with fans or people at Capcom.

I can't wrap my head around how that professional reviewer didn't understand what opinions are.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
This was on the DMC subreddit and I can't stop laughing.
w73d2s5ybcm21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/b1jmf8/menu_for_the_themed_dmc5_cafe_in_paris/

I'm a sucker for these themed cafe's I'd love to go to one someday.

Hopefully they offer better themed foods than the Capcom Bar, which was a bit underwhelming. I guess the problem would be how you can make something distinctively DMC while also making it taste good.

On a vaguely related note, I'm so salty I never got to go to the Kirby Cafe. That one had legit amazing looking food and I heard it actually tasted good, too (apparently not common in many themed cafe's).

I mean, they had these:

nintendo2.jpg

kirbyomelet.png

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Thank god for Dr Faust, 1 million orbs in like 40 minutes.

Also this game is boring AF.
I'm already thirsty for more content

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Tomboy is hard for me to use because I'm always holding R2 with Nero and so he goes straight into the gun. It's hard to get used to even after so many hours.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Post game Nero is pretty much as complicated as Dante in my books, so much shit to keep track of.

Exceed
Devil Breakers
Charge shot
Devil Bringer

I originally didn't want to bother with charge shot, then I tested it out in the Void and found out a Lv 3 shot does as much damage as an Overture Bomb.

I'm definitely not going to bother with Bringer Knuckle atm.

Last edited:

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
holy shit, when the action kicks in, this makes my PS4 Pro CUH7200 sound like a launch model
Guess there's a price for this engine :(

Oct 25, 2017
Post game Nero is pretty much as complicated as Dante in my books, so much shit to keep track of.

Exceed
Devil Breakers
Charge shot
Devil Bringer
I originally didn't want to bother with charge shot, then I tested it out in the Void and found out a Lv 3 shot does as much damage as an Overture Bomb.

I think you should tag that fam, not everyone here is done with the game first round.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Also there's nothing worse than hitting the dpad to go to royal guard and hearing Dante yell "gunslinger!"

Input error or 360 pad sucks (playing on pc), up to you

It's as bad as an accidental hard drop in Tetris 99
I have had this happen with DS4. A down input can register as left.

Trying to royal block cavalier and doing fireworks instead 😢

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really a surprise that Nero
gets DT?
I wouldn't be mad if I knew but maybe that's just me.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
After close to a 100 tries,10+ hours lmaooo, literally had to SS-SSS every single battle without getting hit (maybe a few times), and use SDT on boss to finish it quickly.
lSAENgF.jpg
Nice. Good luck on mission 12 and 18.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Is it really a surprise that Nero
gets DT?
I wouldn't be mad if I knew but maybe that's just me.

I was excited throughout the game to find out when he gets it because it was obvious it was gonna happen. Did not expect the game to open my present in such a spectacular way. Best mechanic unveil in any action game ever.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lSAENgF.jpg

I had a total style score of 5242 and got an A -_-

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
As my first DMC, lawd this game is fun. Still figuring out mechanics and the best ways to combo, but I'm averaging anywhere from B-S right now on mission rankings so I'm happy. Some of the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
I was all fine with dante then a new v mission and I picked griffon while fighting the knight first lol
Fortunately the other bosses went down fast.
The way they integrated three modes in the nunchak is well thought out, the weapon has good hit feedback too.
It seems that when i did a balrog uppercut and devil triggered, it did the distorsion effect but I don't know , should try again in training.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Damn thats sux, is there a possibility Capcom nerfs the S ranks so its easier to get or is it just our only hope to go SSS every battle without getting hit on the harder missions?

They're not going to nerf it.

The system for missions is pretty good and the multiplier actually helps a lot of people.

You don't have to SSS every battle or don't take any damage to get a S. Even iif you only get As the multiplier alone for No Continues will boost you up to S.

Oct 29, 2017
Dante is so fucking hard to wrap my head around. I never messed around with style switching in 4 because it was too much to handle but I really want to be able to play him optimally. I have DSD and Balrog equipped, punch/blow mode combined with sword master moveset changes are just o.O

Anyone have vidoes of good starter combos? I can jump cancel and all that jazz. Just need to get used to changing weapons and styles mid combo again

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn thats sux, is there a possibility Capcom nerfs the S ranks so its easier to get or is it just our only hope to go SSS every battle without getting hit on the harder missions?

They should at least adjust the three missions (10, 12 and 18) that people are having trouble with.

It seems to be a pretty consistent issue and the same missions are brought up over and over.

The system for missions is pretty good and the multiplier actually helps a lot of people.

You don't have to SSS every battle or don't take any damage to get a S. Even iif you only get As the multiplier alone for No Continues will boost you up to S.

Nope, I had all As on that M10 run and no continues and still got an A.

One way you are almost guaranteed an S is if you no damage a mission since that multiplies your score by 2.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
They don't need to nerf the ranking system - they need to fix the inconsistencies with how it clearly works on specific missions (namely 10 and one or two others). It's clear as day it's not handled well in those. Playing through hundreds of replays of missions highlights this to such a glaring degree that there's no way there's not something wrong with the affected ones. That and the fact everyone is picking the same three missions throughout this thread as problematic. Absolutely not a gitgud thing.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I had all As on that M10 run and no continues and still got an A.

One way you are almost guaranteed an S is if you no damage a mission since that multiplies your score by 2.

You're not guaranteed anything since there's also certain criterias for diff multipliers.

It's also M10 which is the odd one out.

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017

Say that to mission 10, the multiplier barely helps, you have to be perfect 90% of the battles or youre not going to get S rank, meanwhile some other Dante missions you can easily get S rank first playthrough, its not balanced right

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This is easily my favorite DMC game. I went ahead and bought the deluxe upgrade today. This deserves to be supported.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not guaranteed anything since there's also certain criterias for diff multipliers.

It's also M10 which is the odd one out.

Well yeah, M10 is what we're talking about.

And your style points would need to be terribad if you don't get an S with the no damage multiplier.

Last edited:

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
I basically became a Dante semi-pro because I replayed mission 10 a hundred times, so I guess thats 1 positive from this