• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
DMD is kicking my ass, I think I used like 10 gold orbs on m10... TWO Furies at once??? At least I was ready for the triple in BP with SinDT

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Expected DMC5 to at least get #3 and the highest month launch for the series. Slightly disappointed to be honest but it's almost a miracle that a game like this exists to begin with.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It launched alongside strong games so it did well enough I think, especially for a game in this genre.

The Special Edition will perform well too whenever that comes and will be easy money for Capcom.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMC4 was coming off of the high of DMC3 where as DMC5 was coming off of DmC and a decade gap of DMC4.

While that was to be expected, with the higher PS4 console numbers, Steam numbers and such... I still thought DMC5 would cover up that gap.

That said, worldwide the game has performed better than DMC4. It did 2 million in 2 weeks.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the game selling well means they change plans on doing DLC or not; Would rather not wait however many years for a special edition. Would much rather get a "Ladies' Night Out" and Vergil DLC than just have it all bundled in a special edition further down the road (and actually be unique levels and content rather than just Lady/Trish/Vergil stuck in the DMCV campaign).

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Honestly, second highest launch sales seems pretty good for a series revival. But I don't really know what was expected here.

Anyway that new Kingdom Hearts update has me mad that they apparently aren't planning future support for this game. Just being able to swap characters on different missions would make this a ten for me.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
If they do decide to go with a Special Edition instead of just releasing DLC, hopefully they'll let PC players just pay to upgrade their current game instead of having to buy a second client.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
At least they leaked that DRM-free executable so we can have a mod scene in the meantime.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

My own thoughts on the whole DLC situation. People talked themselves into the hype despite Capcom being clear about it from the start

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
So I have a very specific question, do you do more damage with Nero in DT when you spam blue rose during a buster (for example) or is it more damage if you charge till the end of the animation then release. The summon swords Nero does during the DT buster confused me and I never knew even since DMC4 since I never asked.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a very specific question, do you do more damage with Nero in DT when you spam blue rose during a buster (for example) or is it more damage if you charge till the end of the animation then release. The summon swords Nero does during the DT buster confused me and I never knew even since DMC4 since I never asked.
I've never compared them but i mash when i DT buster.

Another tutorial

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
So another curiosity that I have (havent tried yet) but when you do the buster with the scudo angelo dudes where you slam them with their head on the ground with some sort of wrestling move; this might do more damage the higher from the ground you are. But not sure.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Lockon and camera issues make Hell and Hell mode a miserable experience.

I'm sure that older games weren't this bad.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The problem is in mission 7. The ceilings are very low and really cramp Nero's aerial play, especially when trying to s rank

I ended up doing it with V instead. His AOEs, nightmare and royal Fork are just an easy escape from that crap

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to leave DMD for later but after MGR hype ended up jumping back into DMC5 and tackling DMD.

Finished it this morning and had an absolute blast, it felt really well balanced overall. The bosses were so damn fun.

Ended up with S ranks on most missions and As on the rest. Will leave S ranking them for a future playthrough (aside from missions 10, 18 etc. of course, not bothering with those until they are fixed).

Thought I would have some issues with V but he wrecked as usually, S ranks were pretty easy to get in all his missions.

Man, DMC5 is so damn good, I love it more and more each time I finish it. And each playthrough I learn a bunch of new stuff (like how amazing Balrog's back+style button back cartwheel is with the legs).

And yeah, even on DMD Nero just wrecks Vergil so hard. The use of music in that mission never gets old.

Last edited:

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Man, DMC5 is so damn good, I love it more and more each time I finish it. And each playthrough I learn a bunch of new stuff (like how amazing Balrog's back+style button back cartwheel is with the legs).
Same. If im real DMC 5 is all ive been playing since it came out with occasional dips in other games. My highest high point so far is doing almost everything you can do to Vergil on DMD and S ranking him with Nero with my custom fast paced playlist in the background or getting into the zone on the top Bloody palace floors (with Nero.
Definitely a Nero lover but Dante is awesome too, got to 99 with V and got bored of him.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same. If im real DMC 5 is all ive been playing since it came out with occasional dips in other games. My highest high point so far is doing almost everything you can do to Vergil on DMD and S ranking him with Nero with my custom fast paced playlist in the background or getting into the zone on the top Bloody palace floors (with Nero.
Definitely a Nero lover but Dante is awesome too, got to 99 with V and got bored of him.

Yeah the bosses are going to be fun to mess around with for a long while to come with all the tools that Dante and Nero have.

Such a bummer that we didn't get a boss rush mode again (or at least didn't get more of the bosses in their own standalone missions). There's bloody palace and all but it isn't the same since it has its own difficulty thing going compared to the campaign.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
My favourite thing with V now is using Nightmare's L1&O input for promotion as a dodge, then teleporting back over to haymaker some fuckers.

It's hard to prepare attacks with the other two familiars while doing this though. The lockon direction modifier stuff doesn't really suit V.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
c0WZCVc.gif

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeebus, this guy's play style is so brutal. The way he plans the use of the breakers ahead of time is something else.

Did not know that skelter's break age was invincible.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The one game Im starving for DLC for is the one game that gets zero DLC outside of the BP update. Fucking figures.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
On second thought, sure, like animals clean their fur. Figures. And cute he is, indeed.
And better his own than someone else's, huh?
But still, looking at it, I can't help but feel somewhat confused… not just sexually. D:

Btw, did you continue DMC3?
Haha "This is... curious."
I can't play stressful games atm (health). I still want to play DMC5 too... I didn't cleared HaH (lol M3... shame). I never thought I would play so much to this game (almost 200H).

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Had black knight down to 1% on wave 60 last night and got cocky... took a sword to the face and failed.

Sigh, one of these days I'll beat it.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Went back to the game after the launch to finish my run on the harder difficulties, and I have to say people were right about V. He's not fun to play. He's seems to be only made for the normal difficulty.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Went back to the game after the launch to finish my run on the harder difficulties, and I have to say people were right about V. He's not fun to play. He's seems to be only made for the normal difficulty.
The lower difficulty is too easy for V, he just beasts everything. Barbaqeue time all day. SoS and DMD at least put you in danger as familiars can't just tank damage all day and resource management becomes more important.

The only mode I think he doesn't really work on is H&H, but H&H is a rubbish difficulty in general.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not at all, he works great even on DMD. Really good at S ranking too.

If you are having issues then try using the camera trick. Turn the camera away from the enemies so they don't target V while attacking them off screen with Shadow and Griffin without lock-on. This will also let you safely read the book and taunt.

Also make sure to use Nightmare as a defensive option as well since the start up gives V i-frames and also instantly revives Shadow/Griffin. Royal Fork also gives him i-frames iirc.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Teleporting to Nightmare gives some invulnerability too. As does tanking damage with DT while riding (don't so this on H&H though)

V's problem is he needs more enemies like Geyron who rush around the field with big AOEs and projectiles, putting everyone in danger at a moment's notice and making situational awareness really important.

There aren't enough fights like this in the game that really stress you to find V's playstyle. Really it only started to click for me towards the end of DMD.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing for the first time today and I'm so disappointed by the music. It is literally so quiet, I get that it's supposed to be louder the higher your style rank but in my experience by the time I'm up there the fight is almost over. The music is so good and can really enhance the enjoyment the excellent combat provides but it just feels so subdued all the time. I even turned down the sound effects in the menu and made sure the music was at max and it's still too quiet. Also as a sidenote I don't really think it's a good idea to punish people who aren't as good at the game as others by giving them quieter music.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not having trouble with the enemies it's more like they take forever to kill than when I'm using either Nero or Dante. I guess I'm just using some pretty terrible attacks with him/ or not using him the "correct" way.