• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Thank goodness that eurogamer put a spoiler warning this definitely seems like too much now. Hope V looks cool but its stay away time.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
This party is getting crazy!

giphy.gif

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
The newest action game in the series feels like a dream to play, as previous ones did as well. You are unlikely to ever blame the game's controls for foibles and mistakes, though you will end up blaming your fingers for inelegant action as you tumble from a double-S rank to a B in a moment. Style is still the name of the game, but throughout my time with this demo, I was enjoying every second of my time comboing enemies and fighting bosses. With three characters to play with and a ton of hidden weapons, extra arms, and dozens of unlockable moves, Devil May Cry 5 looks to have a lot of enjoyable seconds.
https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2019/02/07/threes-company

this game is gonna be fantastic, 90+ undoubtedly

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
What's the least spoilery video to watch? I wanna be motivated but I do not want to be spoiled too much.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is the game structured?

Are you locked into certain chapters as Dante, other as Nero, V...?
three different "campaigns"?
Freely choose between characters at Chapter Start?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The showings of V before today were really bad. The footage here gives a better picture of what this character actually plays like. Looks really frantic and interesting considering the need to constantly balance defense/offense.

And uh....either Vergil is Urizen based off the footage or Nero doesn't realize Urizen didn't steal his arm.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno confirmed he went to the capcom ceo and the ceo told him he could work on dd2 or dmc v. Itsuno chose dmc v to do first strongly hinting dd2 is next

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno confirmed he went to the capcom ceo and the ceo told him he could work on dd2 or dmc v. Itsuno chose dmc v to do first strongly hinting dd2 is next

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/

"So, when the discussion came up for Devil May Cry 5, I went to Kenzo [Kenzo Tsujimoto, Capcom founder] and I said… look, I want to make either Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 next," Itsuno told VG247 through a translator as part of a Devil May Cry 5 media tour. "He said 'okay, do whatever you want. Do whichever one you want.' So I thought, alright, y'know what… let's do DMC5. So we did that."

"Here we are – we're now finishing up DMC5. But I had ideas for Dragon's Dogma 2 at the time as well. So here we are, it's the end of this project." Itsuno grins.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so they nailed V? That was my only doubt. This is easy 90+ lock now.

Also as much as i want new DD game, i'm glad he went DMCV first. It was the right time for new one. Who knows if Capcom would have been interested to greenlight it if DD come out first.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Hey! I played this and I can always answer some questions (within embargo) but I also want to drop into this thread and say I think V is fucking awesome. Super clever design, really different to the others.
Here's my write-up: https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/07/devil-may-cry-5-v-hands-on/

Hey thanks for the preview.

Are you allow to talk about level design elements? Nothing in detail, just whether it reminds you of any of the past games in the series or even a completely different game.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Could be cool. Still holding out because I'm worried we'll get something like DMC4, with repetitive backtracking with different characters. Hoping that's not the case though.

Also, finding the levels a bit uninspired. Streets, railway tracks, buildings and such. Wonder if they have any fantastical locations and something more unique down the line.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Could be cool. Still holding out because I'm worried we'll get something like DMC4, with repetitive backtracking with different characters. Hoping that's not the case though.

Also, finding the levels a bit uninspired. Streets, railway tracks, buildings and such. Wonder if they have any fantastical locations and something more unique down the line.

You can see some 'alien' looking environments in some of the previews.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So clearly we are getting DD2 after this. Damn.

Love that CEO response too, what a cool man. The game just got green light like that. ( I mean within the influence of the director, not that random staff can ask for it )

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I played the demo 1 hour ago. A good game, but still far from Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm watching the EZA video, the footage where they're fighting a group of Knight Angelos look far more aggressive than when we first saw them in Dante's reveal.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I just checked the pricing.
The deluxe edition = 600 NOK (aka normal $60 price) and the standard is 500 ($50).
That is special edition pricing I can get behind.

Downloading the demo now and will check :)

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've only played the Ninja Theory game,but I'll fumble my way through this at some point.......I'm rubbish at character action games.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I played the demo 1 hour ago. A good game, but still far from Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.
Hard to really compare when in the demo you have like 10 percent of the moveset and no-upgrades. It seems like people forget even GOAT games like DMC3 were pretty bare bones for the 1st half of the first run through of the game. It's not even until the second run where those games start to truly shine, once you have all the weapons, all styles upgraded and all moves purchased. A demo of DMC3 would probably be shirtless dante in the first level with lvl 1 swordmaster and only Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory, which is like playing a figting game and only being able to use left punch. (Compared to Dante with his full moveset+weapons)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
All the enemies in the Easy Allies' preview look more aggressive than in the previous gameplay. Might just be selected snippets but this does bod well for people.