• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
Just played the demo for the first time but is there any way to manualy switch the devil breaker or do you have to get to the van everytime ?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Just played the demo for the first time but is there any way to manualy switch the devil breaker or do you have to get to the van everytime ?
There's no way to manually switch unfortunately. Would be cool if the "Super Nero" option in the final game allowed you to manually switch. Like Nero would be OP but come on this game has the most complex Dante yet in it.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Vergil is evil, he is not just crazy evil like Arkham.

Maybe like comparing Ra's al Ghul to the Joker 🤔

Vergil's words and deeds are often contradictory. It's kinda hard to tell, what they really wanted to do with him. (As often, it seems like not thought through to the end.)
But I wouldn't take the tower killing poeple into account. The whole city seems completely empty. There are no civilians, we don't see any kind of damage to them. It's never talked about. No people come to look what's going on. No police. No nothing whatever.
Sure there is destruction, and you have to think, that people were killed, but it is so absolutely non existing in the game - I just have the feeling Capcom themselves never thought of it that way.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Raising a big ass demon tower out of the ground with seemingly little regard for the destruction that would cause doesn't really paint him in a good light. Then again, we're not entirely sure what his plans would be afterwards. Would he rule over the human world as a benevolent ruler like daddy, or subjugate them like slaves? Who knows.
He killed so many people in DMC3 just by unleashing that tower and the demon army inside it in the middle of a "presumably heavily populated" city.

Due to scope of the story, the supposed human cost of raising the Temen-ni-gru is completely ignored by the story and is such not really making an argument for whether he's evil or not.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else going crazy trying to find something to play while they wait for this game? I'm losing my mind.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It's fine guys. He may have killed countless people to achieve his goal but its all right, cause he can teleport behind you! Ain't that just the coolest!?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

You have to destroy them to switch Breakers, press L1 to detonate (this also have invincibility frames) or using the Super move by holding O until the breaker flash blue.

This means you have to consider carefully which Breaker you want to bring into a fight and the order of which you use them. For example you might want to have Gerbera (green) equipped when you enter the hotel because it's super move can clear the whole room out easily.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Due to scope of the story, the supposed human cost of raising the Temen-ni-gru is completely ignored by the story and is such not really making an argument for whether he's evil or not.
I mean it's ignored by the story but it still happened. We literally walked through the decimated city before arriving at Temen-ni-gru. Vergil gave zero fucks and if Capcom had the time, money, budget, and rendering budget to do a scene like this they probably would've
i2D1rWa.gif

He evil.

EDIT:Literally one of the first things we see after Dante leaves his shop is a destroyed school bus.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's ignored by the story but it still happened. We literally walked through the decimated city before arriving at Temen-ni-gru. Vergil gave zero fucks and if Capcom had the time, money, budget, and rendering budget to do a scene like this they probably would've
i2D1rWa.gif

He evil.

EDIT:Literally one of the first things we see after Dante leaves his shop is a destroyed school bus.

And keep in mind that Vergil is probably behind this event in the gif, too. Canonically, Vergil destroyed one city raising the Temen-ni-gru, then presumably spent ten years killing things as a demonic thrall, and now in his first moments back amongst the living he rips his son's arm off and then destroys another city.

He's not a good guy :P

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
There are 12 days to go who will be Urizen ? We're not to know . The time has almost come making my hype so high and time so slow.

NHXIA0Y.gif

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
And keep in mind that Vergil is probably behind this event in the gif, too. Canonically, Vergil destroyed one city raising the Temen-ni-gru, then presumably spent ten years killing things as a demonic thrall, and now in his first moments back amongst the living he rips his son's arm off and then destroys another city.

He's not a good guy :P
I mean he's processing childhood trauma in the most destructive way possible. Funny enough Dante gained a ton of power, more than Sparda even, by just chilling and killing his way through life. Vergil never seemed to have an end goal.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I think I just realised why Dante looks so stern when he's saying "Jackpot" in the TGS trailer:

He's saying it to Urizen to try and get a response out of him, to see if he's really you-know-who.

Dante: "Remember what we used to say?"

Urizen: *no reaction*

Dante: "Jackpot"

Urizen:
Mp6C351.gif

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I think I just realised why Dante looks so stern when he's saying "Jackpot" in the TGS trailer:

He's saying it to Urizen to try and get a response out of him, to see if he's really you-know-who.

Dante: "Remember what we used to say?"

Urizen: *no reaction*

Dante: "Jackpot"

Urizen:
Mp6C351.gif

I am open to making vergil is not urizen bets if anyone is interested.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Around the same embargo time frame as RE2. I would imagine that Capcom is confident with DMC5 as well.

Itsuno needs this game to hit 88 on MC to secure it as his one and true "magnum opus" game.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got no damage on the demo and I noticed something I don't like. The music sounds very very low. I can barely hear it or make out lyrics or anything.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I only just been testing out mechanics so I don't actively go and try to do no damage runs but got one anyway.

PS_Messages_20190224_190909.jpg

I mean it's ignored by the story but it still happened.
It is the dilemma of overthinking things. Like Nathan Drake, who is turned into a mass murderer by the gameplay. Or just look at every action movie. All explosions, car chasing sequences, shoot-outs and whatever. Uncounted civiliens should be damaged, but as long as it's not shown, it's like it never happened.
You can also argue, if he is so bad and reckless, why didn't he kill Dante properly? Cut his head of on the tower. Why being half assed here?
Dante isn't inncoent either. When the Leviathan crashes down, it destroyed even more of the city.
How many people did Trish kill by handing Sparda to the Order? 4 shows civilians; how many of them could have been save, if they had acted better from the beginning? We are more than half into the game before they have the idea to protect the people.
You have to think more like a lazy story writer.
But it is strongly implied, that V makes him think, it is Mundus (or at least some mastermind behind Mundus) he is up to.
And that's where the Jackpot thing originally came from: If he kills demons long enough, one day he will hit the jackpot. And when he then really shoots Mundus, he says it again.
Also he's not waiting for a reply. It seems it goes on with him grabbing Rebellion immediately, going into the fight.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
DMC5 is like 2nd place to most Kamiya designed action games.

Have you played it? How can you tell ?
Sure Kamiya made some good games back in his day (even tho it always wasn't only him) but in my opinion Bayo doesn't rank as high for me as DMC 3, for the sole reason that DMC 3 is more focused and doesn't have those stupid Space Harrier and Bike sections. Overrated developer.

Nov 7, 2017
Bayonetta 1 is my favorite game ever, it has perfect gameplay and control, and perfectly balanced difficulty in my opinion. What ive seen and played of dmcv it might top bayo 1 for me. Im excited