• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I really miss Nero's old arm. It looks more cool than the robot arm.
That being said, the robot arm is more fun to use. I hope you can unlock his DMC4 look.
Lorewise, why does he have a robot arm now?

Also after all this time I still don't know how to use exceed.

A mysterious hooded figure that we have no way of knowing who it is ripped off his arm one day.

You hit the L2 trigger at the end of the sword swing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
At the start of the game, a robed figure who in no way is Vergil (no sirree) shows up at Nero's place and cuts off his arm in one fluid motion before Nero realizes what's going on.

The hooded man then opens a portal and leaves with his arm. That's what triggers Nero's journey to track down his arm and find out what the hell just happened.

His friend Nico builds him a robotic arm so he can still fight demons in the meantime.

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
That being said, the robot arm is more fun to use. I hope you can unlock his DMC4 look.

Also after all this time I still don't know how to use exceed.

I'm certain he is gonna get his real arm back ala fullmetal alchemist . Eager to see how it happens though .

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I saw Itsuno-san at a grocery store in Kabukicho yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Nani?" but he kept cutting me off and going "Nani? Nani? Nani?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first with Red Orbs." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any Devil Trigger Pulling," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a term. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by singing Subhuman really loudly.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
The robot arms are on of my favorite parts of Neros new look. In fact before DMCV reveal I was like "for Vergil to get Yamato back he probably is going to have to rip Neros arm off or wait for him to take it out". And low and behold it happened...

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Itsuno-san at a grocery store in Kabukicho yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Nani?" but he kept cutting me off and going "Nani? Nani? Nani?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first with Red Orbs." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any Devil Trigger Pulling," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a term. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by singing Subhuman really loudly.

7 Abigails out of 10.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
7 Abigails out of 10.
DFOD2gNUIAEd_Ws.jpg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This series has not missed a step. The demo is so much...Devil May Cry.

Anyone know if the game has 3 separate campaigns or if it's all one campaign that switches out characters like DMC4 did?
Also have they said what the length of the game will be?

Oct 25, 2017
This series has not missed a step. The demo is so much...Devil May Cry.

Anyone know if the game has 3 separate campaigns or if it's all one campaign that switches out characters like DMC4 did?
Also have they said what the length of the game will be?
It's a single campaign, each chapter with either a set character or letting you choose, depending on the story.

Around 15 hours, they said.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In that video Matt Walker says that there are new weapons and systems that they haven't unveiled for Dante yet...

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We have seen 3 fights against that boss Urizen already in the previews.

One where he is sitting down fighting against armless Nero in the Prologue.
One where he is sitting down fighting against Dante with Rebellion (before he shatters it).
One where he finally stands up and towers over Nero to fight him.

In all of these fights, the player is doing no damage to him. They all seem like fights that are impossible to win at and meant to be losses. The power level of this boss is just through the roof. There has never been a boss like this in a DMC game before.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
We have seen 3 fights against that boss Urizen already in the previews.

One where he is sitting down fighting against Dante with Rebellion (before he shatters it).

In all of these fights, the player is doing no damage to him. They all seem like fights that are impossible to win at and meant to be losses. The power level of this boss is just through the roof. There has never been a boss like this in a DMC game before.
LtqD20o.png

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Also after all this time I still don't know how to use exceed. I also rode a rocket and I have no idea how that happened. It was cool.

Because it got ripped off (literally) by some dude who's very highly implied to be Vergil, to get the Yamato back.

NewportShort

Jan 14, 2019
They kinda could allow people to remap it though. Like, just have the control screen have a master list of command inputs and let players decide what input does which move.
Adam. This is Devil May Cry, not godhand. You stop wishing for overlap between your masterpieces right now.

Devil May Cry is a top tier fighting game level beat em up, you learn your character and go ape. Capcom at its finest.

GodHand is you, a million moves, and tight dodges. Still nice, very customizable. Still that "no reason to ever get hit" style of gameplay.

Jepp, Jester all over. God, I love his cutscenes!

Wait - really 3 different ingame fights? This is strange regarding the timeline.
First thing in the game is the prologue fight - Dante goes in first and is thrown on his back. Urizen shoots some kind of root at him, but Nero shoots it away, taking the fight over. (This fight you play.)
Then Dante jumps back on his feet, quite exhausted, shooting his guns at Urizen, saying "Round two." He goes into DT, tells Nero to get lost, cause he's dead weight. V also insists on fleeing, cause Urizen is more powerful than excpected. Meanwhile Dante is thrown back, with Rebellion breaking, leading to him trapped in the tree unconscious .
You shouldn't be able to play Dante between these cutscenes. Is there a flashback mission later, where you fight him?
In the end there will be a second final fight of course.

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I really hope Urizen turns out to be a great boss unlike Mundus from Dmc1 . Looks massive and ultra powerful just like Mundus but we all know how he turned out . No cheese , no into space adventures , no QTEs . A grounded , man to man , epic fight .

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait - really 3 different ingame fights? This is strange regarding the timeline.
First thing in the game is the prologue fight - Dante goes in first and is thrown on his back. Urizen shoots some kind of root at him, but Nero shoots it away, taking the fight over. (This fight you play.)
Then Dante jumps back on his feet, quite exhausted, shooting his guns at Urizen, saying "Round two." He goes into DT, tells Nero to get lost, cause he's dead weight. V also insists on fleeing, cause Urizen is more powerful than excpected. Meanwhile Dante is thrown back, with Rebellion breaking, leading to him trapped in the tree unconscious .
You shouldn't be able to play Dante between these cutscenes. Is there a flashback mission later, where you fight him?
In the end there will be a second final fight of course.
Timeline is non linear in the game. Here's how the fights are panning out:

*You start the game as Nero in the prologue, learning his basic commands. At the end of it, you fight Urizen on his throne while Dante was there fighting Urizen before you. This is before even Mission 1 BTW. The entire crew gets wrecked but Nero and V manage to retreat.
*You work your way up to Urizen again in Mission 9 with V, this time you manage to make him stand up from his throne.
*On Mission 10 you switch over to Dante only this time you are controlling him BEFORE the Nero prologue part (as in the part where Dante first gets the job from V). So now you control Dante as he works his way up to Urizen for the first time and there Urizen is sitting in his throne. You get wrecked and on Mission 11 you are saved by V and you have to work your way back to Urizen as Dante.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Urizen turns out to be a great boss unlike Mundus from Dmc1 . Looks massive and ultra powerful just like Mundus but we all know how he turned out . No cheese , no into space adventures , no QTEs . A grounded , man to man , epic fight .

At some point 'Urizen' is going to shed all those tree roots and reveal the true, motivated form underneath...

I don't know if I'm ready for the "Urizen 3 DMD SSS No Damage" runs we're going to start seeing on Youtube like a week after the game comes out. I still can't believe the eleven year wait is almost up.

Timeline is non linear in the game. Here's how the fights are panning out:

*You start the game as Nero in the prologue, learning his basic commands. At the end of it, you fight Urizen on his throne while Dante was there fighting Urizen before you. This is before even Mission 1 BTW. The entire crew gets wrecked but Nero and V manage to retreat.
*You work your way up to Urizen again in Mission 9 with V, this time you manage to make him stand up from his throne.
*On Mission 10 you switch over to Dante only this time you are controlling him BEFORE the Nero prologue part (as in the part where Dante first gets the job from V). So now you control Dante as he works his way up to Urizen for the first time and there Urizen is sitting in his throne. You get wrecked and on Mission 11 you are saved by V and you have to work your way back to Urizen as Dante.
Oh, ok. Thanks.
I expected it a little different. You see the story through all of their perspectives, but that those time jumps would be closer to one another. (E.g. after you beat Goliath with Nero, you jump to V, fighting your way to the place with Goliath, to meet up with Nero.)
I didn't know they go that much back in time. I thought you would just play with Dante after he woke up onwards, but not that they jump with him back to the beginning again as well.

Fighting him three times is tradition, hm? (*sob*)

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adam. This is Devil May Cry, not godhand. You stop wishing for overlap between your masterpieces right now.

Devil May Cry is a top tier fighting game level beat em up, you learn your character and go ape. Capcom at its finest.

GodHand is you, a million moves, and tight dodges. Still nice, very customizable. Still that "no reason to ever get hit" style of gameplay.
Well, at least it sounds like a good qol improvement. I understand it's like that in Godhand because there are more moves than inputs, no? Maybe we'll see it in DMC6.

Has someone seen more of the cutscene where V recruits Dante in his office? The crucial part is always missing.
Dante moves from his desk to the sofa, V says the demon would be special, making Dante ask: "Special? So what's so special about this one?" and goddamn I want to know V's answer, but there is no sound nor subs everywhere I've seen for this part.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I gotta say, I wish the demo had Split. That one move not being there feels so wrong to me.

Game is going to be awesome.

Devil May Cry doesn't do QTEs son. What is this some action game for kids?

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Urzien boss spoiler (his second phase not on the throne) Looks so fucking awesome

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Watching his moveset...ehhh it dosen't scream
Vergil at all. Even when he was Neo Angelo he was a highly skilled/graceful Swordsmen. Urizen uses absolutely no technique.