• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly there is like zero spoilers in the description:
This is an action game in which players follow the story of three heroes (Dante, Nero, V) in their quest to save the world from demons. From a third-person perspective, players use swords, guns, and special attacks (e.g., a prosthetic hand with electric bursts) to kill hordes of demons in frenetic combat. Battles are highlighted by gunfire, screams of pain, and slow-motion finishing moves/highlights. One cutscene depicts civilians screaming in pain while being impaled by demon tentacles. Blood appears frequently during combat and stains several environments. Some female characters are depicted partially nude, with their breasts and buttocks minimally covered by blood, light, or clothing. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" appear in the dialogue.

The most notable thing in the description might be the lack of any mentions of Vergil. Maybe Capcom asked them to keep that under wraps?

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played a DMC game in years, but was this a surprise? I remember the game behind rated M, but maybe some of the newer games were different and I wasn't paying attention.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is certainly a surprise. The dialog seems ripped from NT DMC which people hated it because it was trying to be "edgy"

I am glad they decided to try it again.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i don't see why Vergil would appear in a ESRB summary he isn't a playable protagonist
or is he? 🤔

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they mention Vergil?
Well I wasn't expecting them to name drop Vergil but rather describe events that would happen when he is on screen (example: being ripping off Nero's arm which also isn't present in the description)

Now that I think about it, for a description, this isn't that descriptive at all. Like that arm ripping scene is pretty brutal and I for one would've expected to be mentioned here but it's not.

Playable Vergil would've been another thing to mention.... if that's the case, ofc.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
mshckd.gif

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Well, unless it's DmC, this is a first for a mainline DMC game. I wonder how many previous JP dubbed games contain words like f*ck and sh*t, as japanese devs are always more sensitive when it comes to strong language (and sometimes nudity). In recent years i can't recall any major Japanese title with that kind of "graphic" language. Well, they did censor RE7 in Japan after all, so i expect more of the same here.

his is an action game in which players follow the story of three heroes (Dante, Nero, V) in their quest to save the world from demons. From a third-person perspective, players use swords, guns, and special attacks (e.g., a prosthetic hand with electric bursts) to kill hordes of demons in frenetic combat.

Battles are highlighted by gunfire, screams of pain, and slow-motion finishing moves/highlights. One cutscene depicts civilians screaming in pain while being impaled by demon tentacles. Blood appears frequently during combat and stains several environments.

Some female characters are depicted partially nude, with their breasts and buttocks minimally covered by blood, light, or clothing. The words "f**k" and "sh*t" appear in the dialogue.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?from=home&titleOrPublisher=devil may cry 5

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
We already knew about the nudity from that leaked footage where Trish was naked. I hope Dante doesn't swear though.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
If it's Nero saying them words, then ok, I can get behind it.

If it's Dante then you've broken the perfect goofy anime uncle and I will never forgive you.