?

Do you usually take the time to actually read the content of OP before posting?

1. No!

5.9%
  2. Why would I do that?

12.2%
  3. Are you crazy? LOL

9.7%
  4. Reading is for losers

18.5%
  5. Huh, I didn't even read the question of this poll!

53.8%
  1. Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda
    Community Resettler Member OP

Judging by how the last thread about "MTX in DMC5" blew up, I think this needed its own thread since it actually details how moves cost and how much you earn.

Thank you, Dualshockers for details.

First off how much a move will usually cost:
    How much items will cost:
    How much you earn in a mission on average:
    You get even more orbs for killing a boss:
    What is the 3mil thing then?
    How did the Dualshocker player felt overall about the system?
    Hopefully this breakdown of the actual system will give reassurance to people that thought the game will be designed around you spending real money on MTX.[/QUOTE]

2. Salty Rice

Salty Rice
    Banned Member

So outrage over nothing.

Im shocked.

3. JumpCancel

JumpCancel

Until we see the game in full we won't know for certain. However, all the clarification from Capcom staff and hands on feedback seems promising.

4. MBS

MBS

No worries after all

5. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

This is good, and will hopefully rest any fears. More than likely though, the people raging in the other thread won't show up here.

Still, everyone who's worried should read this.

6. Lant_War

Lant_War

So everyone blew out everythung out of proportion again? Who would've thought!

7. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

8. Sub Boss

Sub Boss

Capcom giving players options is nice as long as it doesn't compromise the main game experience

9. Plus with secert missions , hidden orbs, and I'm assuming the ability to get more orbs it seems pretty generous

10. OniBaka

OniBaka
    Community Resettler Member

Wasn't worried

11. Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda
    Community Resettler Member OP

Also from the other thread:

12. KaiPow

KaiPow

So it's just a time saver DLC, okay. No outrage necessary.

Didn't DMC4 have similar microtransactions?

13. Rodjer

Rodjer

OH LOOK CLASSIC ERA OUTRAGE OVER NOTHING.

Pathetic as always,

14. There's no problem with that.

15. MillionIII

MillionIII

Still don't want that shit in single player games

16. Gegz

Gegz

Same.

17. Abriael

Abriael

Being the scrub who wrote the above, I'd like to make sure everyone knows that this is the current build (since it wasn't quoted here), so everything can change.

That being said, I doubt the system will be made more draconian. There are plenty of gamers out there who have a ton of disposable income and don't need any encouragement at all to spend money on this kind of stuff, even if they could easily earn everything in game. When you can easily drop $100 on your average meal, a few bucks for a headstart on a game is nothing. I'm pretty sure this system was made to target them, not the average player who doesn't normally partake in paid cheats.

While Capcom can take baffling decisions at times, this is the return of a valuable IP for them, and I doubt they're willing to screw it up.

18. Ex-Actarus

Ex-Actarus

Orberlod.

19. YIKES

20. Zetta

Zetta

Everyone is touchy when it comes to MTX so making it clear helps. The buzz on the game has been so good with the exception of that theme that shall not be named that I think people were expecting something bad and latched on to this. I'm always going to be wary of MTX in any shape or form and while the way its implemented in this game(going by DMC4:SE) won't be as intrusive we still have to be on top of this shit. Now all Capcom needs to do is make Dante available from the get go and we golden.

21. Seven Force

Seven Force

Oh, would you look at that, it's implemented the same way it was in DMC4SE! Imagine that!

The outrage in that last thread looks real fuckin' dumb now.

22. Spartancarver

Spartancarver

Yep.

If you’re good at the game, you won’t even realize MTX exist

23. Ant_17

Ant_17

20k from a level? I don't think i have ever gotten that much in any DMC game. I feel maybe they gave them a less grindy version to play.

24. Silky

Silky

IM BIG MAD!!!!!

THEYRE MAKING US SPEND MONEY!!!!!!!

BIG MAD!!!!!!!

What a fucking joke lmfao of course this wasnt gonna be a big deal

25. Astral

Astral

That special taunt sounds awesome. I’m still upset that we’re getting 100k red orbs with the deluxe edition. I’m gonna be able to buy a ton of moves or health right off the bat.

26. NoMoreTrolls

NoMoreTrolls

You mean people got outraged over nothing? Looking at the responses in the thread, it seemed like there were a lot of people who were barely interested in the game and just wanted to bitch about MTX. The same shit happened with Sekiro. Maybe someday we will learn to wait for details before busting out the pitchforks.

27. Sargerus

Sargerus

Cue the conspiracy theories.

28. Salty Rice

Salty Rice
    Banned Member

Exactly. Especially if they do it like DMC4 SE you wont even know they exist.

I played through it on all dificfulties and never knew there were MTX in the game until like a year later when i was randomly browsing through PSN.

29. SSJDio

SSJDio

low key I want those special taunts, but 3 million orbs????

why u make so expensive capcom why capcom pls

30. Filament Star

Filament Star
    Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account Member

It will, it always does. They don't put these things in because they don't want you to buy them.

31. HeisenbergWW62

HeisenbergWW62
    Banned Member

In a shocking turn of events, it’s fucking nothing

32. Ant_17

Ant_17

I'm just saying.
    We have the stats now so maybe we should compare when the game comes out.

33. Sesha

Sesha

Basically the same as every other game, then. Actually, way more generous than previous game. Actually, 20-40k for a boss is extremely generous.

Why anyone would think DMC5 is balanced the same as Activision, EA or Ubisoft skinner boxes I do not understand. 4SE was extremely generous with in-game currency, so was vanilla SFV, and MTX in Revelations 2 and Dragon's Dogma were completely vestigial.

34. snausages

snausages

Honestly this is my weirdo view on it but I like that these MTX exist for weirdos like me who might in the future pick the game up on another platform and skip the acquisition of moves by just buying them.

I already went through the acquisition with Nero and Dante in 2008 and didn't feel like doing it again with 4SE. I don't know if that makes me a whale, maybe like a small baby whale. But I don't mind having 'skip' buttons for things like this.

I've already paid for DMC5 on PS4 but at some point I'm definitely building a PC to play this game, probably not for another year or two but it's definitely happening some point.

35. darkside

darkside

Its almost like Capcom has the ability to tweak this at will, and may be more generous with the builds they're showing early and will be less so when the game is actually out. Not like thats ever happened before with other games.

The fact it's in here should worry people. I honestly do not get the people in here to defend this when the this is still nebulous

36. Sub Boss

Sub Boss

But the op seems like its clearing this you don't need to buy them unless you want the special game breaking move

37. Papercuts

Papercuts

Capcom can tweak any of those numbers so I don't think it really means much until the game is out. I'm not worried about it, but there is also no reason to really defend the microtransactions being there.

38. Principate

Principate

TBF that sounds an awful lot like it did impact the games design then. Just not in a way that matters to people skilled at the game.

39. Sesha

Sesha

There's no game breaking move. It's a special taunt.

40. DevilNeverCry

DevilNeverCry

Inb4 "B-b-but they don't put mtx in if they dont plan to exploit players" or "this is PR bs".
    Because you just know people will find a way to twist this shit.

41. Principate

Principate

I mean that's what they were referring to the taunt.

42. Merc_

Merc_

This is pretty much how I feel too.

Watching people rush to defend it has been weird.

43. Kouriozan

Kouriozan

In before those value will change at consummer release.
    We often heard of review copies having different value for MT stuff than final release so I would not be shocked.

44. Principate

Principate

Yeah there's no good reason to defend this, worse case scenario from the outrage is Capcom reduces the grind even if it wasn't impacted by microtransactions. It's still an awful mechanic. Says a lot when the best thing can be said about it is that it doesn't matter.

45. mrmickfran

mrmickfran

Like Capcom would fuck up DMC with all the goodwill they've been getting lately.

I half convinced that most of the people complaining in the other thread weren't even interested in the game and just wanted to outrage.

46. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

I need to be outraged about it ! I need my anger !

47. So it's the same.
    As some of us have expected.

This thread won't get as much pages, lol.
    People will make up their stories though, the amount of misinformation since Angry Joe started ranting about it is amazing to me.
    "Pay 2 Win" being one of the most stupid complaints.
    Goddamn reactionaries.

48. Pablo Mesa

Pablo Mesa

you are not forced to

Schrodinger's Box scenario, whether is bad or not we wont know till the final product is out and we see "prices" and balance. Battle Front MT were on teh bad end for how "abusive" would have been to actually earn the thing by normal game playing/ progression

49. Salty Rice

Salty Rice
    Banned Member

Oh for sure.

Also when you get many drive by posts where people dont even try to pretend that they cared about the game in the first place its obvious.

50. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

This is a good one