• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Itsuno is now making every piece of DMC media canon. I love it.

Is the DMC3 manga canon?

It's tricky because it's more or less a thing where everything outside the games (or official novelizations, in DMC4's case) has elements of truth to it that are being rolled over into the games, themselves. That said, not everything in those other materials is being bought over 100%, or is certainly up to reinterpretation at Itsuno, Morihashi and their team's behest.

Morrison getting his "race lift" is living proof of such.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that the DMC5Info account translated it as Nero leaving someone behind?

I don't think it's Kyrie, Kyrie knows about the DMC gig for sure so I don't think that she'd consider him leaving to Redgrave to pay the bills as leaving her behind.

Methinks this is related to V.

I honestly expect Dante to say "I've just been through hell" at some point and that's all we're getting.
This will be the most controversial line in the entire game lol.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Again, I'm mainly waiting to see if Itsuno played Viewtiful Joe. Eva's soul still chilling in the Perfect Amulet, and being the reason that Mundus' plots were undermined, is the main thing I'm hoping for.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dmc4_corrupt_vergil_5_by_lordlkkamikaze-d8yg1hk.jpg

Been wondering if they'll keep the anime slicked back hair in photorealistic corrupted Vergil, my guess is that they'll give him a more traditional looking slicked back look, like his hair in DMC1 and the reboot.

latest

dmc00-500x275.png

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
dmc4_corrupt_vergil_5_by_lordlkkamikaze-d8yg1hk.jpg

Been wondering if they'll keep the anime slicked back hair in photorealistic corrupted Vergil, my guess is that they'll give him a more traditional looking slicked back look, like his hair in DMC1 and the reboot.

latest

dmc00-500x275.png

I won't be surprised if the Devs give Vergil a different haircut, like they did with Nero.
Medium-long hair for Vergil?

1483239.jpg

hihihi

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be surprised if the Devs give Vergil a different haircut, like they did with Nero.
Medium-long hair for Vergil?

hihihi

Nero's hair also likely changed to further distinguish him from Dante, who looks like he has a broadly similar look to earlier games, just longer and more unkempt.

Vergil was always shown as having a separate style from Dante, so there's less of a reason to change it - that combined with him seeming more 'stuck in time' compared to the living characters, apparently still wearing the remnants of his coat from DMC3, which would have to be over 30 years before the time of 5.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Nero's hair also likely changed to further distinguish him from Dante, who looks like he has a broadly similar look to earlier games, just longer and more unkempt.

Vergil was always shown as having a separate style from Dante, so there's less of a reason to change it - that combined with him seeming more 'stuck in time' compared to the living characters, apparently still wearing the remnants of his coat from DMC3, which would have to be over 30 years before the time of 5.

Now that you mentioned, does Vergil would have free will? Like, he would be still under the influence of other evil being?

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
If Lucia and Trish can muster free will despite being Arius/Mundus creations, then I don't see how Vergil can't, especially since Mundus himself is long gone.

Then why the heck he just cut the hand of his own son?
If he is Vergil of course I mean.
Maybe the plot twist is their is an imposter Vergil.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is getting more interesting:

So the sacrificed humans (in the novel) that turned into demons had their flesh changed to a wood like material, but they still retained their eyes:
Hsh625r.jpg
Hsh66sL.jpg
Hsh68Vj.jpg

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

lol, have you met Vergil? Him cutting off his own son's arm is solid proof of him being back to normal, if anything. Some remnant of his power is trapped in that arm and he wants it back. Vergil's not a good guy :P

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vergil stabbed Dante in the stomach, twice, and likewise tried to kill Arkham when he (Vergil) was done with him. Vergil's never been shy about doing bodily harm to others. I'd imagine having been corrupted and controlled by Mundus, and exploding and being dead/missing in the aether or w/e for 20 years won't have softened him much up either.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
This is getting more interesting:

So the sacrificed humans (in the novel) that turned into demons had their flesh changed to a wood like material, but they still retained their eyes:
Hsh625r.jpg

This big bad guy has 11 eyes on his body.

11 boss fights? Defeating each one seals an eye on this guy? Seal all 11 and you "weaken" him and thus can take him on?

Interesting things to think about.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like you guys are trying to question Vergil's loving fatherly roughhousing. He gave Nero a tug to introduce himself but didn't realize he was so soft and weak that his arm would completely come off. He was simply used to playing around with strong super regenerative Dante.

Vergil was embarrassed and pretended like he meant it to happen and now Nero wants revenge all over a misunderstanding.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This big bad guy has 11 eyes on his body.

11 boss fights? Defeating each one seals an eye on this guy? Seal all 11 and you "weaken" him and thus can take him on?

Interesting things to think about.
Ooooh I like that idea.

So each eye represents a boss and after you kill all of them, only that's when you are worthy of fighting the big bad villain.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Wishful thinking.
11+ Bosses is a bit much.
I think the only game had many bosses was in DMC2?
DMC3SE had 13.

1. Hell Vanguard
  2. Cerberus
  3. Gigapede
  4. Jester
  5. Agni & Rudra
  6. Vergil
  7. Leviathan's Heart
  8. Nevan
  9. Beowulf
  10. Geryon
  11. Lady
  12. Doppelganger
  13. Arkham
Doesn't include the multiple fights with Vergil and Jester as well as the chess battle in Mission 18.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, DMC3SE had more than 11, so I could (hopefully) see them giving us a lot of bosses in DMC5. I mean, they showed like 5 bosses in just the reveal trailer.
Sounds like you guys are trying to question Vergil's loving fatherly roughhousing. He gave Nero a tug to introduce himself but didn't realize he was so soft and weak that his arm would completely come off. He was simply used to playing around with strong super regenerative Dante.

Vergil was embarrassed and pretended like he meant it to happen and now Nero wants revenge all over a misunderstanding.
LMFAO

Someone should make a fan art drawing of this. This is too good lol

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, I had this little idea. On the surface it's a change for change's sake, but it does have a point.

What if to make Dante feel a bit different from DMC4, they will change how his styles are handled. Not in major way but... instead of tying them to d-pad, they are tied to triggers.

In more detail, If you hold nothing, you are in trickster mode. Style button is your mobility. If you hold r2, while you are holding it, dante is in swordmaster. If you hold l2, Dante is in gunslinger. Holding both is royal guard.

What's the differece you say, other than having to hold trigger to do swordmaster combos. tapping d-pad is faster, isn't it? Well, you get to expand one aspect of dante... so, now that d-pad is free, what can it be used for? Oh, weapon switching! So, holding r2, thus being in swordmaster will make 4 d-pad buttons correspond to one of the 4 devil arms. But holding gunslinger will make those d-pad buttons correspond to different guns. Viola, we can now give dante up to 5 of each (with pressing button for the weapon you already have equipped swithcing you to 5th, just like 5th style worked in DMC4).

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Vergil sensed Yamato in that arm. So of course the logical course of action to Vergil is to cut off that arm and get Yamato. Plus I doubt that Vergil knows his relationship with Nero at the beginning of the story.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

#Canon