• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

00Bear00

Jun 29, 2018
PEVa7y2.gif

The level of detail in this scene is ridiculous. You can see the light reflecting off of the soldiers goggles from Nero's devil breaker lighting attacks. Even the blood on his vest reflects the blue light.

I must say that it looks graphically nice but Im not a fan of Nico's design. Im actually surprised at the love she is getting and her "country" accent is killing me. Most of the people I grew up with have a country accent but she just sounds like she is trying too hard....

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In case you guys missed it, IGN did a video on a few things that they want in DMC5.

It would be nice if Nero had more Devil Arms, but I believe the point of Nero is to have an easier entry point into the series while also having a fair bit of depth, while Dante is the one who goes bat-shit crazy with the complexity.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if Nero had more Devil Arms, but I believe the point of Nero is to have an easier entry point into the series while also having a fair bit of depth, while Dante is the one who goes bat-shit crazy with the complexity.

Some people say to give Nero more weapons and then mention stuff like a shotgun, what's the point? It just makes him more similar to Dante.

The current direction is fine and more distinct. Give him more moves for Red Queen and Blue Rose and focus the rest of his depth on the Devil Breakers. No need to turn him into Dante light.

Oct 25, 2017
In case you guys missed it, IGN did a video on a few things that they want in DMC5.

I feel like the arms thing is the more weapons for Nero....
Also the exceed mechanic would probably only work with Red Queen. :p
This is a decent video from IGN. Doesn't take the time to shit on DMC or the reboot.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it's fair to ask for more unlockable characters when we are getting 3 of them out of the gate. This isn't some Musou, these characters have a ton of depth to them.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's fair to ask for more unlockable characters when we are getting 3 of them out of the gate. This isn't some Musou, these characters have a ton of depth to them.
I do hope we get Lady/Trish/classic Vergil eventually (special edition DLC?) but I'm also fine with especially Lady/Trish getting a lot more time in the oven.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Would have been cool if Nero got to use the Yamato as an actual weapon (in a completely different way from Vergil's iaido) in his Devil Trigger state, but Vergil made sure that's never happening.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I always wanted Nero to modify his red queen with different elements and properties. Devil breaker seems to be that philosophy.

Though I still want to rev up Red Queen and have ice shoot out to freeze enemies.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Some people say to give Nero more weapons and then mention stuff like a shotgun, what's the point? It just makes him more similar to Dante.

The current direction is fine and more distinct. Give him more moves for Red Queen and Blue Rose and focus the rest of his depth on the Devil Breakers. No need to turn him into Dante light.
Yeah, and there will be switching gameplay via the 'devil breakers' anyway.

What I think is needed is better onboarding for new players with Max Exceed. What Nero is great for is getting an awful lot out of very few attacks and having explodey on-fire versions of all your attacks is part of that I think. But when people miss that or just ignore it Nero becomes Dante-lite.

At least here Devil Breakers will make things feel different.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been cool if Nero got to use the Yamato as an actual weapon (in a completely different way from Vergil's iaido) in his Devil Trigger state, but Vergil made sure that's never happening.
I kind of want any weapon Nero uses to have some kind of rev/ex-act mechanic associated with it, to be honest. Yamato's not gonna do that.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
what
if this game is getting a DLC expansion or DLC costumes then this isn't DmC inspired at all.. it's the norm in the industry but I think you already know this.

Edit: Oh you meant a DmC Dante costume? Yeah the chances of Nero getting one are pretty high I'd say, or at least a color palette, although I'm not sure people would buy a color so it'd probably be an unlock like in DMC4SE.

ZOSXOta.png
Wow, that works way too well as just a pallet swap. We don't even need it to be a official skin, mods can knock this one out well one their own.

YOOOO, now this is a skin I NEED TO SEE HAPPEN.

I just realized if Silent Hill 3 had an HD Remake, this is where the character detail would be.
That's the dream alright, kinda hoping Bluepoints next remaster is another PS2 gem.

And that's not the only impressive thing in that scene. If you look at Nico's white shirt under her vest, it's actually affected by the wind.

Also, she really likes to smoke lol
Seriously; the more we re-watch the trailer, the better it looks.

I agrees. Instead of more guns, I'd rather see Blue Rose get a hefty movelist.
This please.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I kind of want any weapon Nero uses to have some kind of rev/ex-act mechanic associated with it, to be honest. Yamato's not gonna do that.
Well, I was just thinking of it as a Devil Trigger exclusive weapon, so that in itself creates some sort of special functionality. Not quite the same as the Exceed, of course, but I like the idea.

Having any weapon he gets to have some special Exceed-like feature would be awfully convenient, though. Not exactly a fan of that.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I always wanted Nero to modify his red queen with different elements and properties. Devil breaker seems to be that philosophy.

Though I still want to rev up Red Queen and have ice shoot out to freeze enemies.

I want it to get plant powers. Charge it so it emits poisonous spores and vines that grab an enemy that gets swung and slammed with every attack.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Given that Nico is Nell's granddaughter, maybe she'll modify the Blue Rose too? Although, I love the fact that Nero and Nero alone (right?) made the gun himself.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love for Nero to have more weapons. One of the main reasons I prefer Dante to Nero is the devil arms. The devil breaker system is a step in the right direction but I wouldn't mind if Nico could make more cool shit for Nero.

00Bear00

Jun 29, 2018
They could give us a DLC campaign that pretty much gives all of "Dante's Angels" (Trish, Lucia, Lady) a chance to shine, and I'd be alllll over that.

Or they could just have it in the game. I know season passes are the thing now but I think capcom should shove as much good content into this game instead of dlc. They could use the continued good pr

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Best to prepare for the worst when it comes to Capcom's monetization practices with this game. There's going to be a Season Pass, they're going to sell skins, cosmetics, extra challenge modes, Devil Breaker reloads, DLC, Vergil and then there'll be a Special Edition six months later. Just look at basically every major Capcom release this gen. Make your peace with it now because it's going to happen :P

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Season Pass with a Vergil campaign, Trish campaign, and Lady campaign. I'm gonna dream.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just imagine the level of animation Vergil will have in this game when we inevitably play as him

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I am fine with all that DLC stuff.

All I want is that they separate out the three playable characters in their own campaigns. So if one of the three isn't fun to play as (which was DMC4 Dante for me) then I don't got to lump it with them to play a campaign playthrough.

Do it DMC2 style. The campaigns I mean, not the bit where DMC2 was shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm fine with DLC. Probably will get a lot of character outfits and skins.

DLC support is a lot better than absolute silence from the main series for a decade plus.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I actually like the idea of full DLC support, as long as at least one classic extra costume (Sparda for example) makes it to the base game.

There's a lot of room for DLC, costumes, legacy and new DA's etc. and it'd be nice to have the option to buy them if you want.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One new costume for each character, coatless and shirtless alts for the defaults for all three characters, this stuff should be in the base game, I'm almost sure the coatless and shirtless alts will be available for free thanks to the modding community on PC, but they should be on console too. I don't like the idea of DLC Devil Arms either, even if they're returnees, just give them to Trish or Lucia if they ever become playable, because the idea of locking Devil Arms for Dante as DLCs is never going to fly well.

Season Pass should be a lengthy Vergil campaign with his own levels, bosses and enemies, and a campaign for Trish would be cool, but Vergil should always be the priority, and it should contain newer costumes for Nero, V and Dante, and maybe a bunch of new selectable backgrounds for Blood Palace, then a year or two later they can repackage the game with the season pass on disc as a Special Edition.

Also, instead of offering their own color palette alts, they should give players the option to adjust the colors to their liking.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm fine with paid DLC as long as it's just skins and boosters or something more substantial like a brand new character + related weapons, but single Devil Arms as paid DLC would be quite disappointing.

I hope they will follow a MH-like model for new content, free stuff every month for a while and then a big paid expansion pack after a year or so.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I don't even mind paying for a story DLC if the core game is so good.
However extra weapons, skins, etc aren't hot for me.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Rebellion/Ebony&Ivory and Yamato's animations will most likely be reused for Dante and Vergil in 5 respectively, since they reused Red Queen's animations they aren't stopping cutting development costs there.

Edit: Regarding the animation video above... I can't stress enough how Vergil looks so fucking good in 4 compared to his goofy looking hair model in 3, I know tech wasn't that good back in the day but I feel like they should've at least tried harder to simulate his concept art hair like they did with Dante.

And my god do Vergil's animations still hold up in 3.

Last edited:

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The animations are so good anyway it's ok if they reuse. Rather they do that than cut content.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having similar attacks (as in key poses etc.) =/= copying/pasting the exact same animation.

There is no need to create/redesign every attack from scratch, at that point you might as well just create a brand new character.

Whether it's classic KOF, XIII or XIV, Iori's standing HK will still look like his standing HK at the end of the day.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a quick side by side comparison between DMC4 and DMCV Nero's animations. A lot of these are obvious, but I thought it'd be fun to be able to watch them next to each other:

Red Queen Combo 4:
9yHFEYp.gif
l6V7hXD.gif

Buster:
TO919qd.gif
sVQ8xF8.gif

Highroller into Aerial Combo:
splhk6i.gif
Dzqlp9d.gif
VnEEwbW.gif

Lock-on Side Roll (in lieu of or in addition to universal dodge?):
cN5dSKU.gif
ug4TL91.gif
With the exception of the new animation for roll, the Red Queen stuff are 1:1 to DMC4.

Also it's not shown in these gifs but I think Blue Rose got a new animation for when Nero puts it away. (which looks good)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Having similar attacks (as in key poses etc.) =/= copying/pasting the exact same animation.

There is no need to create/redesign every attack from scratch, at that point you might as well just create a brand new character.

Whether it's classic KOF, XIII or XIV, Iori's standing HK will still look like his standing HK at the end of the day.
In the case of Nero I'm fairly certain they're reusing animation assets.

Zetf7JI.gif