• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This is a newer build of the previous Xbox only demo, this is what's new:

1) Punchline Devil Breaker
2) Nico's Van and Upgrade Shop is now Accessible
3) New Demo Plus (allows you to replay the demo with progress carried over)

Punchline Functions and Inputs:
1) Tap O on ground or air (shoot out a rocket)
2) Tap O twice as the rocket comes back to you to skate on it.
3) Hold O on the ground and then release for a Rocket-Shoryuken
4) Hold O on the ground and then release in air to nuke the rocket on the ground from the air.

As you can see, all devil breakers share similar input functionalities. Try the above out with all devil breakers in available in the demo.

tumblr_pecz6rGIiG1s6ub5do3_500.gif

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Wait - second demo? There was a first?! Did it not launch on PSN or something because I don't remember seeing that at all!

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is there any chance this game will get a dodge/roll move? It's really killing the game for me and I really like it otherwise. This is coming from a huge fan of dmc and I tried to get into the older DMC games but they were a bit too old for me to enjoy.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I created a NZ account thanks to the RE2 demo.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any chance this game will get a dodge/roll move? It's really killing the game for me and I really like it otherwise. This is coming from a huge fan of dmc and I tried to get into the older DMC games but they were a bit too old for me to enjoy.
Pressing jump while locked on and strafing will let you roll to the side, and Nero even has a special animation for the move if performed at the correct time. He also has a new arm that lets you flip across the screen, which looks awesome and functions similarly. Dante has a trickster style that, when equipped, turns the special button into a outright dash / dodge with frames of invulnerability.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
giphy.gif

What do you mean no dodge move? It's been a long long time since I've played a Dmc game but I remember there being an evade mechanic in 3 and 4. I guess it's Trickster-exclusive or something. Somebody correct me on this one.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are PSN servers so terrible sometimes. It's going awfully slow.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Pressing jump while locked on and strafing will let you roll to the side, and Nero even has a special animation for the move if performed at the correct time. He also has a new arm that lets you flip across the screen, which looks awesome and functions similarly. Dante has a trickster style that, when equipped, turns the special button into a outright dash / dodge with frames of invulnerability.
This is blowing my mind and my hype for the game has gone way up knowing this. Played the previous demo and was so frustrated that I couldn't dodge like in most other games. So it's not tied to it's own button but is contextually tied to jump?

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
What do you mean no dodge move? It's been a long long time since I've played a Dmc game but I remember there being an evade mechanic in 3 and 4. I guess it's Trickster-exclusive or something. Somebody correct me on this one.

He meant dedicated dodge button like Bayonetta. DMC has manual dodging (roll input+direction).

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
This is blowing my mind and my hype for the game has gone way up knowing this. Played the previous demo and was so frustrated that I couldn't dodge like in most other games. So it's not tied to it's own button but is contextually tied to jump?

Yeah, almost everything in DMC is context-dependent on the direction of the analog to where Nero is locked on.

I strongly recommend checking out the movelist if the demo has it. DMC isn't really something that can be worked out any other way tbh.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, lock-on, push the analogue stick left or right (relative to the direction your character is facing) and press Jump to dodge roll. It's been that way since DMC1, but in DMC5 they've made it a lot smoother and easier to do in the middle of a combo.

There are a few other evasive manoeuvres you can do with various characters, but that's your bread and butter dodge roll.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, lock-on, push the analogue stick left or right (relative to the direction your character is facing) and press Jump to dodge roll. It's been that way since DMC1, but in DMC5 they've made it a lot smoother and easier to do in the middle of a combo.

There are a few other evasive manoeuvres you can do with various characters, but that's your bread and butter dodge roll.
Its worth to add that for the first time in the series you can do it on the air too and looks hella cool.

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne

Basically. The jump itself has i-frames as well, so that's already a viable way to avoid damage (and you'll in fact see higher level players tend to prefer that method over the dodge roll).

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Any chance Steam gets this demo? (Is this considered port-begging?)

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
He meant dedicated dodge button like Bayonetta. DMC has manual dodging (roll input+direction).
This would have been ideal but I'll take what I can get.
Yeah, almost everything in DMC is context-dependent on the direction of the analog to where Nero is locked on.

I strongly recommend checking out the movelist if the demo has it. DMC isn't really something that can be worked out any other way tbh.

I understand now, not sure why it doesn't just have its own button like every other action game I've played but I'm glad it does at least have it. Will give the demo another go and see how I like it now that I know this.