• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
This game 100% has Japanese audio, they are unveiling the voice actors tomorrow.

However, playing a DMC game in Japanese audio is haram. You can't even say it was originally made in Japanese.

Well, that's neat! I'm not particularly fond of the Japanese dub for DMC, but I'm sure a lot of the Japanese audience will appreciate that.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Dante looks about as good as I could have ever dreamed. That scene where he answers the phone is like a perfect visual update. They did good. Reuben is a fucking crazy person, but I can't help but smile hearing the voice.

So other than Max doing a small example, has anyone done a recut of this trailer with better music?

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

This is the Japanese trailer for those interested but it is indeed blasphemous to play DMC in Japanese.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I really wish they'd done more to change the character designs. Some of them just don't work with realistic faces at all. I'm pretty sure that's why Nero has the new hair. He'd just look ridiculous with his DMC4 style. You can see this with Dante, who looks like Dante in the same way that the guy from Dragonball: Evolution looked like Goku.

The clearly best designs here are Trish and V, and it's not difficult to see why. They designed V from the ground up to fit into this style, so it's not surprising that it works. As for Trish, she just wears normal club wear and has the least anime hair in the history of Devil May Cry so of course she makes the transition painlessly.

Lady kind of almost works but then I look directly at the hair and it all falls apart. You're not an anime boy from Final Fantasy XV, Lady. Please stop.

For the most part these people just look like the spitting image of a Comic-Con cosplayer. Whenever I see one of their silly "Call of Duty protagonist dressing up as a Naruto character" designs, I automatically start expecting eight different kinds of Deadpool to walk by.

Oct 31, 2017
Love almost off of the new looks but Trish looks a little off imo. I tried giving her more dmc4ish facial features without going too far into anime territory.

PSsOaD8.jpg

NYmBmRt.jpg

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I dunno, if western version comes with japanese voice acting, I will play through with it once... not first playthrough of course...

Also, dang, we sure V is not secretly a villain? Japanese voice acting sure as hell seems like it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping with things like custom battle themes and a skin for the bike (that's what that deluxe edition bonus is yeah?) that we eventually get costumes and weapon skins for all kinds of different classic looks. I'd go for Alastor and the original DMC coat all day long.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I know its been discussed but just giving my opinion regarding the music;

Besides the singer/band having a shady sexual history history so fuck that trash, I think the problem with the music itself I have is the moods are completely different.

Its completely fine to have a more darker and mature(?) theme for Dante compared to Nero's trailer and Devil Trigger song playing. Nero being the younger dude and Dante being the older and mature person..but in the trailer even as old Dante he still does super hype and flamboyant shit like getting up close to the spinning demon blades and being a goodball. There is too much disconnect. Also, I know not many people listen to super heavy dark/death metal or whatever you want to call it, but there are so many talented bands out there that have virtuoso level members who will blow your mind with their drumming and string playing.

Anyway, curious to see now what they will change the theme to now that Capcom is distancing themselves from it.
Yeah, the song seemed to imply a more darker Dante coming back from hell but the trailer showed the same lovable goofball that we all knew and his sidekicks seemed to also follow the same tone. I am fine with that, the games have always been very anime with a laidback style and even use quips to cut through the serious moments and it fits the game well. It could be we are just seeing what Capcom have been willing to show us so far, if they manage to get a new song ready that follows the same tone as the now removed track but before showing anymore new story footage then it perhaps might indeed point to a more darker Dante in the full game.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd done more to change the character designs. Some of them just don't work with realistic faces at all. I'm pretty sure that's why Nero has the new hair. He'd just look ridiculous with his DMC4 style. You can see this with Dante, who looks like Dante in the same way that the guy from Dragonball: Evolution looked like Goku.

The clearly best designs here are Trish and V, and it's not difficult to see why. They designed V from the ground up to fit into this style, so it's not surprising that it works. As for Trish, she just wears normal club wear and has the least anime hair in the history of Devil May Cry so of course she makes the transition painlessly.

Lady kind of almost works but then I look directly at the hair and it all falls apart. You're not an anime boy from Final Fantasy XV, Lady. Please stop.

For the most part these people just look like the spitting image of a Comic-Con cosplayer. Whenever I see one of their silly "Call of Duty protagonist dressing up as a Naruto character" designs, I automatically start expecting eight different kinds of Deadpool to walk by.
What the hell are so of ya'll even talking about?

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Are those the Ifrit gauntlets / boots?!?
It's called Balfrog or something like that according to official website.
OT: Awesome trailer. Got godhand/gow4 vibes when dante was using the gauntlets due to the camera angle. The bike looks sick and getting used to dante's new face. Looks kinda like tom cruise to me. Also don't really like Trish design, too skimpy imo.

Mar 3, 2018
Yeah, the song seemed to imply a more darker Dante coming back from hell but the trailer showed the same lovable goofball that we all knew and his sidekicks seemed to also follow the same tone. I am fine with that, the games have always been very anime with a laidback style and even use quips to cut through the serious moments and it fits the game well. It could be we are just seeing what Capcom have been willing to show us so far, if they manage to get a new song ready that follows the same tone as the now removed track but before showing anymore new story footage then it perhaps might indeed point to a more darker Dante in the full game.

yeah, for sure.

Someone ripped it and removed the vocals and enhanced the background instrumentals. Just shows how much was being buried. The guitar riffs and the electronic dark dub sounds can really be heard here and sounds a lot better. Makes it sounds faster as well.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had the biggest fucking grin with a mix of tears during this part, hell as soon as I saw the office I was smiling. This is the Dante I've wanted for the longest and with everything I've seen I'm extremely happy. Aside from that damn theme sounding awful it also had me worried they were going for a darker Dante so thank god that wasn't the case, I mean Dante was using a demon to shave lol.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Dante and Trish look older now, but what's Lady's excuse? She looks as young as ever. Is there some lore I'm forgetting?