• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Devil May Cry 5 - V Gameplay Reveal (XB1 Demo out now; Online co-op confirmed)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay quick question, the DMC wiki says Cavaliere Angelo was actually made by mundus, do we know how accurate that is? I can't recall hearing about that.
I think Itsuno said in some interview that the Angelos were created by Mundus and these are like remnants of Mundus' creation. I dont remember him saying specifically about Cavaliere though.

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom have a boner for platform-exclusive demos and as a huge fan of Capcom let me say I find that practice fucking stupid af. This doesn't really surprise me after their MHW shenanigans last year though. I felt bad for Xbox owners who had never heard of MH before but wanted to try the beta to see if it'd be their kind of game. At least it seems like it's only the first demo that's on Xbox One only, so I guess it might not be as bad as MHW.

I will post this in the inevitable RE2R demo thread too.

Oct 25, 2017
anybody else felt like gameplay was a little slow compared to the other titles of the series?
No. You might be conflating Turbo mode from previous games with the game's default speed. When this game was first announced we had plenty of gifs directly comparing Nero's melee animations to DMC4's where they are the same speed. Also most of Nero's Red Queen's moveset felt mostly unchanged Exceed-wise in the PAX build.

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean by flash? He couldn't draw fights for shit. He could draw chars fine, fashion on the other hand was trash.

i mean the dumb crazy shit characters could do.

the stuff he drew for cover arts where pretty good in terms of fashion.

Also I love how V has fucking summoned canes, so dumb and awesome.