• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Devil May Cry 5 - V Gameplay Reveal (XB1 Demo out now; Online co-op confirmed)

Oct 25, 2017
*Bloody Palace and demo are cool, wished we had gotten BP day 1 though.
Wonder if Bloody Palace will come out later because it will have online co-op?

Also, the environment where all 3 characters are in doesn't look huge or destructible like other places we've seen. Maybe that's how the game keeps framerate stable, less enemies and more restricted corridors during those moments.

tbh, as hype as majin dt is, i hope they don’t implement it in the game, dmc 2 style. dmc v is too hype to have a ‘win’ button, lol. but there’s no way they’d do that. these guys know what’s up.

maybe it’ll be a boss? or a one time deal? a reward for really, really, really sick, smoking style? damnit i’m practically vibrating in excitement over here.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood making a demo exclusive to a console. You do nothing but hurt your potential audience size by doing that. I'm sure Microsoft paid them for it though even though Phil Spencer claims he's against that kind of thing.

Oct 27, 2017
psnprofiles.com
Console exclusive demos for multiplatform games will never not be fucking stupid.
Exactly, it was stupid when RE7 and MH world demos were exclusive to one console, it's stupid now. It will be stupid if a RE2 demo is first released on PS4.

I am waiting for these demos to check how these games work on my PC vs PS4 Pro, that would help with purchasing decisions.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm a massive fan of the summoner/necromancer archetype so V is basically fucking made for me, so excited.

Only problem is I think his cane animations are a little...mediocre, especially compared to the others.

Oct 27, 2017
The sort of drab aesthetic is starting to bug me now.

Not that DMC has ever been all that saturated in color but the graybrowness of certain scenes kinda make it look muddy.

Combat sure looks rad but man, the RE engine seems like it's much more suited for atmospheric horror than action.

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else super excited with Dante's Demon God form? I thought when they said there was going to be callback's to DMC2, it would be half assed stuff like the motorcycle, but holy fuck they brought it back, it's fucking awesome. Hope Lucia gets at least a cameo.

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I can't defend exclusive demos in 2018. Especially when the game is multiplatform. I can wait to play this but, would of been nice to try on my Pro. I feel bad for the super diehard fans who want to try this. I didn't like it for RE7 and if RE2 does get a demo and it's PS4 exclusive there's gonna be some mad people.

On subject V looks sick and can't wait to play with him.