• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Devil May Cry 5 - V Gameplay Reveal (XB1 Demo out now; Online co-op confirmed)

Oct 26, 2017
Just woke up. holy shit I didn't expect that kind of style for V and it looks amazing. Not sure how it will translate to complex and fast combat like Nero and Dante's, but I believe in Itsuno delivering. I know they would save Vergil gameplay reveal for last .

And ugh that exclusive demo. I do have my sister's old base Xbox, but this is lame. You don't want to market the game, by ignoring 90+% of your fanbase and not give thema demo to hype your game. Oh well, at least this isn't a RoTR bad situation.

Can't wait to play it.

edit: wait, I don't have an Xbox controller right now. DAMMIT.

Oct 26, 2017
Great character powers. Can we paly the whole game with a character we choose ater we finish the game? The co-op at the end is great too. I hope not just online co-op and there is couch co-op too. The demo won't have co-op I presume.
So an exclusive demo for Xbox for DMC5 and on PS4 early demo of RE2?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
"That's why I built him that well-functioning arm... To kick demon ass."

That's weird dialogue...
Sounds like taking the Japanese style of speaking and translating it into English. Same as the old RE games, but less pronounced.

I notice this a lot in Capcom games. I think they have Japanese people go over the script and approve or edit it, because this is what would sound completely natural to a Japanese person who isn't used to talking naturally in English.

I know this is for certain what happens with Resident Evil games.

Oct 27, 2017
Just woke up. holy shit I didn't expect that kind of style for V and it looks amazing. Not sure how it will translate to complex and fast combat like Nero and Dante's, but I believe in Itsuno delivering. I know they would save Vergil gameplay reveal for last .

And ugh that exclusive demo. I do have my sister's old base Xbox, but this is lame. You don't want to market the game, by ignoring 90+% of your fanbase and not give thema demo to hype your game. Oh well, at least this isn't a RoTR bad situation.

Can't wait to play it.

edit: wait, I don't have an Xbox controller right now. DAMMIT.
I guess all that salt got in your head and made you state a BS stat?

do hope all of this salt is also appropriately pointed towards a possible exclusive RE2 demo on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The demo will be about Nero only? The demo people played over and over during E3 and otehr occasions? I hope the demo would offer a mission for each character to test each characters abilities.
If you noticed it says "first demo"

likely indicating there will be a second, possible third.

I think that's dumb though. DMC5 is a package pivoting on three playable characters, and you risk losing sales if people aren't interested in Nero, thus then don't want to bother downloading the Dante or V demo.

You gotta go all out with demo's folks. So stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
If you noticed it says "first demo"

likely indicating there will be a second, possible third.

I think that's dumb though. DMC5 is a package pivoting on three playable characters, and you risk losing sales if people aren't interested in Nero, thus then don't want to bother downloading the Dante or V demo.

You gotta go all out with demo's folks. So stupid.
Wait it was confirmed its only the Nero portion being demoed tomorrow? If so I'll hold off on playing this and stick with Smash. Nero is cool and all but I'd be lying if I said I'm getting this game for him, I want Dante.

I will admit I am not at all a "core" fan of the DMC franchise. Is V a brand new character or is it Vergil? Sorry if this has been asked and answered many times. I just seem to be getting mixed information on this and well... I hate that crap, lol. Again, I apologize if it has been asked and answered before.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com
Oh shit, just saw this now, looks awesome.
God damn though, can't believe the demo is xbox exclusive, only know one person who still has a standard xbox, might have to try and borrow it off him, I got to try that demo.