• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Devil May Cry 5 - V Gameplay Reveal (XB1 Demo out now; Online co-op confirmed)

Son of Sparda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But keep in mind that Dan also voiced Credo in DMC4, so that just might be the case this time as well.
Not true.

Dan only did the mo-cap for Credo. VA was someone else. They even talk about this in that famous Devil May Cry reunion panel where Dan basically confirmed DMC5 lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just played a couple times. Damn it feels good to play a DMC again. Nero feels weighty but the controls are still really responsive (looking at you Red Dead). I was definitely rusty, I wasn't able to get an S rank lol.

Urizen is Vergil

V is Vergil

Nero has Vergil's power in his arm

Dante is Vergil's brother

Lady spoke to Vergil once

Trish and Nico don't know Vergil, but they'd probably think he was cool

DMC5 logo has a great big 'V' in it

Van-kun is Vergilmobile's son [citation needed]
Bruh, you forgot the bird.
Everyone is Vergil! 2019 is the year of Vergil!
We thought him dead for yeeeeears, and now we get more Vergil than we can handle.
Now that I'm not a widow anymore, I guess I should stop drooling all over my brother-in-law. But it's hard to break with old habits. And his hair is fucking gorgeous.

Priceless.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really curious as to how controlling V and his summons is gonna be like... They mentioned controlling the panther and hawk being like twin stick shooters, but what about V himself? Maybe holding the right trigger will control one and the left trigger another? His play style is really interesting and I'm much more excited to play as him than I expected.

His skin cracking up like this, though... Just like Nelo Angelo and DMC5 Vergil.

You can really hear it in this one: https://picosong.com/wjacH/

The "It has begunnnnnn" is spot on for our boy.
I'm losing my shit over this so much. Can't believe those theories are gonna turn out true. Jesus.

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Digital Foundry did a video on it back when it was publicly shown at Gamescom and they were pretty sure it was. Some drops to the 40s in cutscenes, but gameplay is rock-solid and they couldn't pixel-count but it certainly looks like full 4K:

Impressive, I thought it's impossible to get 4K 60 FPS until next gen, the RE engine is amazing.

OP
OP
MBS
Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com
That reminds me: They could have made Faust a fedora. ( ͡° ل͜ ͡°)

The plot thickens..!
Where is that from?
Project X Zone 2. Where basically characters from different timelines crossing paths. That's why the paradox of DMC3 Vergil, DMC1 Dante and Nelo Angelo (Vergil), all in the same room:

Last edited:
The real Vergil was the motivation we gained along the way.

And also V.
He was there. All the time. In our hearts. <3

Project X Zone 2. Where basically characters from different timelines crossing paths. That's why the paradox of DMC3 Vergil, DMC1 Dante and Nelo Angelo (Vergil), all in the same room:

O boy. Should have a look at this on occasion.