• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Smash comes tomorrow and I think I might be more hyped for this demo...

V looks hype, definitely exceeded my expectations so... so far Itsuno is right (outside of Subhuman, though at least the instrumentation of it is fine).

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Trailer was wicked! I guess I gotta dig out and dust off the Xbox to try the demo. lol

If it weren't the recent press previews I would of expected a DMC5 and RE2 demo but I don't think the latter is happening.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. V looks to have such an interesting combat style. Summons, with D.T potential for bigger summons and warp moves.

Also saw Air Raid makes a return for Dante, which I'm thrilled about.

I can't get an Xbox for a demo, but I'll be investing in a better GPU to enjoy this game I have waited for. These 10 years were worth waiting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Both look great. Game is gonna be amazing.

Different strokes, I guess. I absolutely loathe Nero's playstyle, and V's looks like the exact opposite of what I wanted out of the game.

Maybe they'll sell a chopped-up version of the game where you can just get Dante's levels for $20. That'd be nice.

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
So much cringe in that trailer, cheesy dialogue, awful voice acting and the music .... woof.

Its a lot to get past to play the game.

Prefer the tone of the game in the earlier releases before DmC.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand gameplay, even if I disagree... but story? Really? That story was written by people who watched fight club at 14 and never realized that it was supposed to be a critique and deconstruction, and just took all of it's toxicity at face value...
The story was more like They Live than Fight Club.

Nov 14, 2017
Pretty sure you're looking at a skip, then.
Eh.. maybe... so far the gameplay videos have been looking closer to DmC than the other ones, so that's a good sign for me.

Please be a joke
zQ23W3B.jpg
I just didn't care for the story in DMC 1,3 or 4 (tried to play them all), at least I cared somewhat for the story in DmC 5, which is not saying much since all of those games have very mediocre stories.

Nashklasher

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
This is a magnum opus after all . My hands are still shaking after watching all that epicness . Itsuno San has outdone himself . Tears of joy peeps .

Can't get myself to whine about the XB exclusive demo , because it was known that Microsoft has the marketing rights to this game . Id rather use that energy to find someone who owns an XB 1 or 1x in my neighbourhood .

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
So much cringe in that trailer, cheesy dialogue, awful voice acting and the music .... woof.

Its a lot to get past to play the game.

Prefer the tone of the game in the earlier releases before DmC.
...so you actually do want cringe, cheesy dialogue, awful voice and cheesy music?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Man looking back a year when people really thought DMCV was PS4 exclusive.

It was a Resetera user who claimed that and he was right about everything he said except the console. He claimed it was PS4 but it was in fact, X1. All his other information was correct and that was over a year before the game was officially announce so it was legit.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Different strokes, I guess. I absolutely loathe Nero's playstyle, and V's looks like the exact opposite of what I wanted out of the game.

Maybe they'll sell a chopped-up version of the game where you can just get Dante's levels for $20. That'd be nice.
I think you can play through all the missions with one character (or is it just after NG?).. Anyways, I hated Nero in DMC4 but he seems good now. I hope V's gameplay isn't tragically slow though.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
I know Playstation has netted exclusive demos for Resident Evil 7 and MH:W in the past but if a game is multi platform then don't have exclusive demos or substantial content. That's how I feel

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yes! A demo.
I'm thinking about the Xbox version, so this is great timing.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It was a Resetera user who claimed that and he was right about everything he said except the console. He claimed it was PS4 but it was in fact X1. All his other information was correct and that was over a year before the game was officially announce so it was legit.

That leak also said the game was running on UE4...

Not everything was right about that "leak".

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think you can play through all the missions with one character (or is it just after NG?).. Anyways, I hated Nero in DMC4 but he seems good now. I hope V's gameplay isn't tragically slow though.
They already said that in some missions you have option to play as one of different characters. So for example that mission where you fight Goliath, you can play as either Nero or V. In some missions you even have option among the 3 different characters.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
*kisses his cheap Xbox One X gotten through the Target shenanigans from months ago*

We gonna have some fun tomorrow~!