• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Geez, the whining in here. I mean, if I were Capcom, I'd want to put this demo on the system with people less likely to purchase it. PS4 folks are generally more of a lock, anyway, and Capcom gets the side benefit of people getting to see this game for the first time at its console best. It's not like PS4 owners aren't getting the same full game on the same launch day as Xbox owners.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Agreed but they've done it before just recently with MHW and RE7. PS4 got the first two exclusive demos for MHW and a completely exclusive RE7 demo. Xbox never got the RE7 one so I think they're heading that route again. DMCV on X1 makes sense since all the marketing from the beginning was on X1. RE2's marketing is straight up only on PS4 and it's been heavily marketed as a major PS4 game so it makes sense they'd also give an exclusive demo for RE2 on PS4. So I personally really do think it's happening and it might be tonight alongside DMCV.

For the record, I'm against exclusive demos. I don't think it makes any sense considering they're demos but whatever.
BFV, Fallout 76 and Anthem all have Xbox marketing and had/will have demos released for everyone, you'd think when you have a game to sell you'd let as many people to try it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think you can play through all the missions with one character (or is it just after NG?).. Anyways, I hated Nero in DMC4 but he seems good now. I hope V's gameplay isn't tragically slow though.

Like if they'd just give Nero some new weapons and shut him the hell up during cutscenes I'd tolerate him more. The Devil Bringer mechanic is fine. I'm just so sick of him only having one sword and one gun, and I hate his personality.

V...god, it's like someone looked at Vergil's DMC4SE moveset and was like "okay, let's take all the fun parts out and replace them with standing around while monsters do the work for you."

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
They already said that in some missions you have option to play as one of different characters. So for example that mission where you fight Goliath, you can play as either Nero or V. In some missions you even have option among the 3 different characters.
Sounds cool.

The bloody palace design looks insane doe.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else get the feeling that V might be following in Arkhams footsteps and that he might just be a human who's trying to tap into demonic power?

-- Book that seemingly has demonic spells/summons in it
-- Is able to tap into demonic power
-- Both he and Arkham are able to summon demonic entities

My guess is that V simply perfected what Arkham was trying to do

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else get the feeling that V might be following in Arkhams footsteps and that he might just be a human who's trying to tap into demonic power?

Agreed.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive demos are lame.

That said, if you were fine with all the shit PS4 has gotten exclusively this gen, don't start complaining about it now.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'm probably in the minority here but I want an RE2 demo more than a DMCV demo Lol I don't really care too much about DMCV but RE2 would make my day. So maybe Capcom's mind of thinking makes sense and despite the marketing deal, Xbox owners would actually enjoy a game like DMCV more just like PS owners would enjoy a game like RE2 more. Who knows though.

Though I'm against all these exclusive demos. Don't think it's a good mentality when your games are coming out on both platforms. Just give all gamers the goods.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Geez, the whining in here. I mean, if I were Capcom, I'd want to put this demo on the system with people less likely to purchase it. PS4 folks are generally more of a lock, anyway, and Capcom gets the side benefit of people getting to see this game for the first time at its console best. It's not like PS4 owners aren't getting the same full game on the same launch day as Xbox owners.

Nobody is saying it should've been exclusive to the PS4. The demo SHOULD be on XBOX. The problem is that locking it off from the PS fanbase only breeds contempt. It's anti-hype.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
tenor.gif
hP3yccS.gif

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was the first one to have this theory for the record. Both Itsuno DMCs have had a character disguised as another character for their secret agenda and he won't stop now

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox has the marketing deal for DMCV, the demo is marketing. Capcom did this before with Monster Hunter World. First two demos were exclusive for PS4. And with Resident Evil 7. Demo was exclusive to PS4. They do this because Sony/MS will shout about it. Marketing.

You will likely get the demo on PS4 later. Or another demo. Or when you get the full game you'll presumably play everything that's in the demo. You're not missing anything.

That's all well and good but if that means I can't just post snide comments about Phil Spencer then what's the point of this thread?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
BFV, Fallout 76 and Anthem all have Xbox marketing and had/will have demos released for everyone, you'd think when you have a game to sell you'd let as many people to try it.

Right but I was specifically just referring to Capcom. I'm in complete agreement. Everyone should be able to access these demos.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
pretty salty I don't get to demo this on PS4 or PC. but since an exclusive demo is out so soon its only a matter of time. whew

did they post the PC specs for this yet? Don't got a PRO but i want this to look good.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I was the first one to have this theory for the record. Both Itsuno DMCs have had a character disguised as another character for their secret agenda and he won't stop now
Nice. Plus yeah considering this game seems to be making all the callbacks, I'd be surprised if something Arkham related didn't get brought back up

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What's your beef with Nero again? I always loved how he played

Pretty simple: I don't like how he only has one weapon and one gun, and I don't like his personality. I have nothing against the Devil Bringer, but being locked to one sword that I don't enjoy using and having an extremely limited moveset basically just makes him the opposite of fun to use.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demo should be available on both systems. It's looks ridiculous when you alienate a base that will likely give you 70% of your total sales.

Agreed, but if you weren't pressed about it before when you weren't the one missing out, then don't be a crybaby about it now.

Exclusives like this should never be a thing. It's gross.

But they keep happening for a reason - they drive headlines and clicks that all result in more press and exposure for the product.

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive demos for multiplats are garbage. They benefit literally nobody and annoy millions.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
The demo isn't exclusive lol it says exclusively first...aka Xbox gets it first then PS4 days later

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Good move by MS even though I don't own any Xbox console. I just love to see all these salty people

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Like if they'd just give Nero some new weapons and shut him the hell up during cutscenes I'd tolerate him more. The Devil Bringer mechanic is fine. I'm just so sick of him only having one sword and one gun, and I hate his personality.

V...god, it's like someone looked at Vergil's DMC4SE moveset and was like "okay, let's take all the fun parts out and replace them with standing around while monsters do the work for you."

I honestly just think you're mad we don't have Vergil as a main playable character. You're in about every media release thread expressing some kind of displeasure. It makes me wonder if you will enjoy the game even if they added him at this point.

Edit: nah, that came off way meaner than I wanted to be. I understand we all have our favorites in the series. Vergil is badass. With the mind of hype Itsuno it putting behind the game, I really doubt he's going to omit one of the most popular characters of the franchise. Especially since he already has a complete moveset in 4:SE. Same with Lady and Trish.

I know it seems like they are dragging everything out but it feels worse because we have all waited so long for this game. Be patient. I think we will all get what we want out DMCV.

Last edited:

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Just like Nero has buster specific grabs and throws for bosses in DMC4, I look forward to all the V specific summon grabs and throws in DMC5.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
V looks kinda wack but maybe he's the kind of character you have to play yourself to really get into.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
The demo isn't exclusive lol it says exclusively first...aka Xbox gets it first then PS4 days later

Well it says "Play the first demo exclusively on Xbox" Not this demo is coming "first" to Xbox or something which I think means this demo is exclusive to X1.