• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Devil May Cry 5 - V Gameplay Reveal (XB1 Demo out now; Online co-op confirmed)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chaos Legion redundant now. V able to summon 3 different types of demons at one time (at the very least ) and summon something as big as a massive boss and then wrestle with it.

INSANE!

Aug 28, 2018
Wow.. I am so salty about an exclusive demo... haha
I have a feeling Capcom isn't this ignorant and knows the shit they'll get for this so that's why i really think PS4 is getting an RE2 demo so everyone can get something "exclusive" to mess with for a little. Besides, an RE2 demo has been rumored for awhile so it makes sense to drop the announcement tonight considering the game is little over a month away.

Oct 30, 2017
oh my god.

The jaguar is a fucking DMC1 SHADOW! He even does the spike attack
Right? Fucking crazy.

Like if they'd just give Nero some new weapons and shut him the hell up during cutscenes I'd tolerate him more. The Devil Bringer mechanic is fine. I'm just so sick of him only having one sword and one gun, and I hate his personality.

V...god, it's like someone looked at Vergil's DMC4SE moveset and was like "okay, let's take all the fun parts out and replace them with standing around while monsters do the work for you."
You're the one who whines in every single DMC thread you post in, right? Do you ever tire of reveling in misery?

The game's not for you, accept it. Maybe pick it up for half price later.

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I have a feeling Capcom isn't this ignorant and knows the shit they'll get for this so that's why i really think PS4 is getting an RE2 demo so everyone can get something "exclusive" to mess with for a little. Besides, an RE2 demo has been rumored for awhile so it makes sense to drop the announcement tonight considering the game is little over a month away.
Yeah, I hope, but I wish everone could get everything. Even with a demo or not we know those two games are gonna be a banger. I will wait to watch that trailer during the show tonight lol.

Oct 30, 2017
User Warned - Console Warring
I m happy that it's getting a demo but why the hell would they shaft their PS fan base ??

It's funny to see that non of Xbox fan here in this thread condemed this exclusive demo ,yet when Sony does it,with dlc one week exclusive or something minor , they ask us to condem Sony .with this , we don't even know when it is hitting PSN.

Anyways not gonna watch , as I have seen enough and will buy the game once it's out .don't wanna spoil myself .

Oct 25, 2017
Yes folks.. Nero does in fact Buster arm throw a demon into Dante who then Real impacts it while V observes from a distance:

The only way to make this better would be to have V spamming taunt over and over, being the background hype man.

edit: it looks like the raven auto follows enemies, maybe it also acts as V's lock on.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly just think you're mad we don't have Vergil as a main playable character. You're in about every media release thread expressing some kind of displeasure. It makes me wonder if you will enjoy the game even if they added him at this point.
It's less about specific characters and more about character/moveset concepts. I'm more annoyed that we get three playable characters and now the majority of them are playstyles I don't enjoy. If the balance was better, or if Dante got the lion's share of the content, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Right now, it's like if Capcom put out a Street Fighter game where every single character was Guile except one.

Oct 27, 2017
Who else thinks the game, or at least the trailer, looks too noisy? There are effects everywhere, I can’t tell what the fuck is happening half the time. For such a nice graphics engine, it kind of looks ugly sometimes because of that.

Sep 24, 2018
Like if they'd just give Nero some new weapons and shut him the hell up during cutscenes I'd tolerate him more. The Devil Bringer mechanic is fine. I'm just so sick of him only having one sword and one gun, and I hate his personality.

V...god, it's like someone looked at Vergil's DMC4SE moveset and was like "okay, let's take all the fun parts out and replace them with standing around while monsters do the work for you."
I was hoping for more weapons, but I don't mind compensation through devil breakers. His personality seems fine. It's way better than DMC4 Kyrie shouting guy.

I am glad V plays differently though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for more weapons, but I don't mind compensation through devil breakers. His personality seems fine. It's way better than DMC4 Kyrie shouting guy.

I am glad V plays differently though.
Yeah, breakers do nothing for me. Having them be consumables basically means you can't rely on them being a consistent part of your moveset. Nero needs new basic attacks and main combos, and breakers don't really fill that void - they more just replace his Devil Trigger.

May 24, 2018
A demo is far less egregious than DLC timed exclusivity imo.
I agree with that. But having waited so long for DMC to return it sucks that I get to play the waiting game even though I've been with the franchise since day 1, it's not the end of the world and I will be on Smash Bros until PS4 or PC gets the demo, but I still don't like them brushing off part of the fanbase.