• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Damn that was pure hype. V moveset looks great. My frothing demand for DMCV increases.

Is it too early for OT suggestions?

Devil May Cry V |OT| The devil's in the details

Devil May Cry V |OT| Devil Trigger status: Pulled

Devil May Cry V |OT| Featuring Dante from the DMC series

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The demo isn't exclusive lol it says exclusively first...aka Xbox gets it first then PS4 days later

I wouldn't be so sure on that.
It's likely an exclusive demo. With it just being the Nero Gamescom Demo.
With a second demo later on that's Dante & Nero and maybe V being the second. Don't really need to release the first demo when the second demo has more content. As for when a demo will hit PS4 and PC.
It could be a good month or two. Remember RE7 Demo was PS4 exclusive for like 4 - 5 months.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
hP3yccS.gif

e28.jpg

I'm so ready.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chaos Legion redundant now. V able to summon 3 different types of demons at one time (at the very least ) and summon something as big as a massive boss and then wrestle with it.

INSANE!

Feb 16, 2018
Looks amazing, a little salty about the exclusive demo but an RE2 demo on PS4 would be great way to throw the PS4 owners a bone too. Anyways I'm pumped for the game and will read all the impressions.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Not a fan of exclusive demos, but it's about time Xbox gets one after the bullshit with MHW and RE7.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
It's says "play the FIRST demo exclusively on XB1". Not "play it first". Going by that wording, there should be a second demo coming up for all platforms.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Wow.. I am so salty about an exclusive demo... haha

I have a feeling Capcom isn't this ignorant and knows the shit they'll get for this so that's why i really think PS4 is getting an RE2 demo so everyone can get something "exclusive" to mess with for a little. Besides, an RE2 demo has been rumored for awhile so it makes sense to drop the announcement tonight considering the game is little over a month away.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer was crazy.

I'm not sure I get V, but we'll see.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes folks.. Nero does in fact Buster arm throw a demon into Dante who then Real impacts it while V observes from a distance:

DanteShoryuken.gif

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
oh my god.

The jaguar is a fucking DMC1 SHADOW! He even does the spike attack
Right? Fucking crazy.

Like if they'd just give Nero some new weapons and shut him the hell up during cutscenes I'd tolerate him more. The Devil Bringer mechanic is fine. I'm just so sick of him only having one sword and one gun, and I hate his personality.

V...god, it's like someone looked at Vergil's DMC4SE moveset and was like "okay, let's take all the fun parts out and replace them with standing around while monsters do the work for you."
You're the one who whines in every single DMC thread you post in, right? Do you ever tire of reveling in misery?

The game's not for you, accept it. Maybe pick it up for half price later.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is true but can you change the battle music with release day DLC? I thought I saw something like that. I really want to change Dante's theme.

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I have a feeling Capcom isn't this ignorant and knows the shit they'll get for this so that's why i really think PS4 is getting an RE2 demo so everyone can get something "exclusive" to mess with for a little. Besides, an RE2 demo has been rumored for awhile so it makes sense to drop the announcement tonight considering the game is little over a month away.

Yeah, I hope, but I wish everone could get everything. Even with a demo or not we know those two games are gonna be a banger. I will wait to watch that trailer during the show tonight lol.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Warned - Console Warring
I m happy that it's getting a demo but why the hell would they shaft their PS fan base ??

It's funny to see that non of Xbox fan here in this thread condemed this exclusive demo ,yet when Sony does it,with dlc one week exclusive or something minor , they ask us to condem Sony .with this , we don't even know when it is hitting PSN.

Anyways not gonna watch , as I have seen enough and will buy the game once it's out .don't wanna spoil myself .

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
It took me a while to realize, but I don't actually like V's design at all. Still, hype at astronomical levels.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Yes folks.. Nero does in fact Buster arm throw a demon into Dante who then Real impacts it while V observes from a distance:

DanteShoryuken.gif

The only way to make this better would be to have V spamming taunt over and over, being the background hype man.

edit: it looks like the raven auto follows enemies, maybe it also acts as V's lock on.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly just think you're mad we don't have Vergil as a main playable character. You're in about every media release thread expressing some kind of displeasure. It makes me wonder if you will enjoy the game even if they added him at this point.

It's less about specific characters and more about character/moveset concepts. I'm more annoyed that we get three playable characters and now the majority of them are playstyles I don't enjoy. If the balance was better, or if Dante got the lion's share of the content, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Right now, it's like if Capcom put out a Street Fighter game where every single character was Guile except one.

Oct 27, 2017
Who else thinks the game, or at least the trailer, looks too noisy? There are effects everywhere, I can't tell what the fuck is happening half the time. For such a nice graphics engine, it kind of looks ugly sometimes because of that.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Exclusives are part of gaming no reason to get upset it seems to work so they will keep doing it both Xbox and PS4 no matter what any of the execs say.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
i dont own an xbox, but im happy for my fellow dmc5 fans that get to play it.
hope a ps4 demo isnt TOO far away (if we even get one?)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
i dont own an xbox, but im happy for my fellow dmc5 fans that get to play it.
hope a ps4 demo isnt TOO far away (if we even get one?)

The trailer says "the first demo" is exclusive, so that wording makes it pretty clear there will be other demos and those will likely not be exclusive.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Love demos for singleplayer games, wish they would come out more often. Hopefully it's X enhanced and not a massive download.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Like if they'd just give Nero some new weapons and shut him the hell up during cutscenes I'd tolerate him more. The Devil Bringer mechanic is fine. I'm just so sick of him only having one sword and one gun, and I hate his personality.

V...god, it's like someone looked at Vergil's DMC4SE moveset and was like "okay, let's take all the fun parts out and replace them with standing around while monsters do the work for you."
I was hoping for more weapons, but I don't mind compensation through devil breakers. His personality seems fine. It's way better than DMC4 Kyrie shouting guy.

I am glad V plays differently though.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Yeah. V looks like just the kind of "new character" that gets me all excited.

Not to say that Dante doesn't continue impressing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for more weapons, but I don't mind compensation through devil breakers. His personality seems fine. It's way better than DMC4 Kyrie shouting guy.

I am glad V plays differently though.

Yeah, breakers do nothing for me. Having them be consumables basically means you can't rely on them being a consistent part of your moveset. Nero needs new basic attacks and main combos, and breakers don't really fill that void - they more just replace his Devil Trigger.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Also the bird seems to act as V's gun? We can see him shooting blasts out of his beak when V is demon-kaiju wrestling