• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Mephisto hat is looking good:

Awwwww yeeeeah
Michael-Jackson-hat-throw-shortened.gif

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
V looks weird in the best way. Can;t wait to dive deep into his moveset.

The demo and Smash on the same day? Tomorrow is going to be fun.

NovusTerminus

May 24, 2018
A demo is far less egregious than DLC timed exclusivity imo.

I agree with that. But having waited so long for DMC to return it sucks that I get to play the waiting game even though I've been with the franchise since day 1, it's not the end of the world and I will be on Smash Bros until PS4 or PC gets the demo, but I still don't like them brushing off part of the fanbase.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck the panther that V summon is Shadow from DMC1. It has the same moves.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm really in love with that track Devil Trigger. Hopefully there's a lot of rippin guitars.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Speculation time:

I think V might be related to Vergil somehow. Between his hair turning white, need to hunt demons to survive and whatnot. If V does go bad in the end it'll probably be a result of him being overtaken by whatever curse he has. Heck it could just be Vergil pulling strings behind the scenes, let V load up on souls and grow stronger so he becomes a powerful host.

Didn't the devs also mention this will be the end of the Sons of Sparda storyline? You can't really end a storyline with one half of the twins missing.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool cant wait to see how good it looks on x. I was mega amped when i saw the e3 trailer but ive largely been ignoring any recent news or gameplay. I hope we get the chance to sample all 3 characters

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I own a PS4 and a PC, in fact I recently bought an AMD GPU to take advantage of the bundled DMCV offer.

I should be feeling doubly fucked by the demo exclusivity, but I don't care. My hype for this game can't be contained by this minor bullshit. I'll enjoy watching more talented players bust open that demo.

So, like, fucking relax. We are all getting this game eventually on our platform of choice.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will it bother you as much when the PS4 Timed Exclusive RE2 Demo drops?
Will it affect me? Technically no because I have a PS4.

At the end of the day though I will still have the same stance as I do here. Not a fan of a console have an exclusive demo or early access to a demo, especially considering the fact the game is multiplatform.

Exclusive items or missions or whatever I get it. It sucks that it happens but end of the day I realize they are trying to persuade you to purchase a specific version of a game if that game has more content on it. A demo though? I don't see how this will persuade someone to purchase an Xbox or the Xbox version of DMC. It's not the end of the world its just unfortunate that I can't play this demo (or I have to wait before we get it, I don't even know what the exact situation is here)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I m happy that it's getting a demo but why the hell would they shaft their PS fan base ??

It's funny to see that non of Xbox fan here in this thread condemed this exclusive demo ,yet when Sony does it,with dlc one week exclusive or something minor , they ask us to condem Sony .with this , we don't even know when it is hitting PSN.

Anyways not gonna watch , as I have seen enough and will buy the game once it's out .don't wanna spoil myself .
why should i get upset When i'm the one who will try it without problem xD......

Edit::
But frankly I am NOT a fan of this kind of exclusivity anyway

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I own a PS4 and a PC, in fact I recently bought an AMD GPU to take advantage of the bundled DMCV offer.

I should be feeling doubly fucked by the demo exclusivity, but I don't care. My hype for this game can't be contained by this minor bullshit. I'll enjoy watching more talented players bust open that demo.

So, like, fucking relax. We are all getting this game eventually on our platform of choice.
But isn't it kinda ugly Jett

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive demos are just stupid conceptually.

Like, if you're releasing a multiplayer game and you don't have the resources to do a three-platform beta, okay, I can understand doing a timed beta on one platform. That makes sense, even if it's kind of dumb and makes the people who don't get to play it feel like second bananas.

But a "please buy our game, here's a taste" demo of a single-player game just makes no sense to be exclusive to any platform. It defeats the purpose of a demo (marketing) to lock it away from a major chunk of the potential buyerbase.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
TLDR version of the trailer:

*DMC crew getting washed by the main bad guy. Everyone including Dante gets destroyed, with Dante having his signature sword Rebellion crushed even when he was going all out with Devil Trigger. More on this later.
*Bunch of new Buster animations for Nero including a flashy one where he is counter countering an enemy in mid air with a bunch of exchanges before finally putting it down.
*A bunch of new enemies shown including a couple of new bosses like the chicken demon boss thing.
*Does an impale on a new fairly large boss type and then had blood all over him. Not sure if a boss or a sub boss.
*V game play stuff is hard to talk about without getting hands on. He has a panther and bird as default, probably for his basic attacks. Panther has moves that work like Shadows from DMC1 where it can morph its body for attacks. The bird has more projectile based attacks. V himself can summon spells and teleport around, even do counters of sorts. His version of lock on colors the enemy white/purplish or it may be some sort of debuff. He can summon a giant slimy looking demon that can wrestle big body enemies, break through environments and shoot a giant beam. Vs spells including summoning swords, spikes and a giant meteor. The environment destruction at display looks really nice.
*I guess V's devil trigger is him getting white hair like Dante in DmC.
*Dante's section is stuff we have seen before though there were a couple of new enemy types shown. He has a conversation with what is most likely King Cerberus in some icy environments. Definitely a boss fight and probably with all 3 elements and the boss is unchained this time... should be a hype fight!
*There are sections where characters are fighting similar bosses/enemies in similar environments to other characters, confirming that you can actually choose which character you want to play as in certain missions (if the choice is provided). We see V fighting Angelo and Goliath, we also know that he was present there in terms of story.
*Some sections with Nero and V in the same game play section! V is shown to be running faster than Nero! They are comboing off of each other.
*Sections with Dante, Nero AND V in the same game play area and they are all comboing each other! How is the game able to hold 60FPS with so much on screen!!!
*Dante fighting some fiery demon looking thing in the icy cavern, maybe that's the fire head of King Cerberus?
*The money shot is Dante in his MAJIN Devil Trigger (from DMC2, this takes place after DMC2) with a BRAND NEW sword! Maybe this is Rebellion reforged or a new form of Sparda? Very interesting lore wise nonetheless! Surprised they actually spoiled this.

*Bloody Palace and demo are cool, wished we had gotten BP day 1 though.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Speculation time:

I think V might be related to Vergil somehow. Between his hair turning white, need to hunt demons to survive and whatnot. If V does go bad in the end it'll probably be a result of him being overtaken by whatever curse he has. Heck it could just be Vergil pulling strings behind the scenes, let V load up on souls and grow stronger so he becomes a powerful host.

Didn't the devs also mention this will be the end of the Sons of Sparda storyline? You can't really end a storyline with one half of the twins missing.
Vergil is in the trailer.

Oct 26, 2017
I m happy that it's getting a demo but why the hell would they shaft their PS fan base ??

It's funny to see that non of Xbox fan here in this thread condemed this exclusive demo ,yet when Sony does it,with dlc one week exclusive or something minor , they ask us to condem Sony .with this , we don't even know when it is hitting PSN.

Anyways not gonna watch , as I have seen enough and will buy the game once it's out .don't wanna spoil myself .

It sucks for the ones that don't have a Xbox, but it is what it is. They all do this kind of shit and it's not gonna change anytime soon. You say you don't even know when it will hit PSN. Xbox only players were in the same boat with RE7 demo.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018

I can understand people being a little disappointed but dont get people getting outraged and having meltdowns.

DMCV is my most anticipated game release and I couldn't care less about an exclusive demo. The game is less than 3 months away anyway.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nico sounds like she's voiced by like 3 different people.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
why should i get upset When i'm the one who will try it without problem xD......

But frankly I am a fan of this kind of exclusivity anyway
Haha true.enjoy it .and I LL deal with envy .for fuck sake I had Xbox I never got devil may cry due to Sony exclusivity .i get ps and I have to wait to play it. Devil may cry and I don't mix well 😂

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand how this game is managing to maintain 60FPS while 3 characters are going ham on the screen, one of which is summoning boss sized demons while looking this good. What is this non sense!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is supposed to be 4k60 right on 1X? While not my favorite series, I will check out a demo.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand how this game is managing to maintain 60FPS while 3 characters are going ham on the screen, one of which is summoning boss sized demons while looking this good. What is this non sense!

In three months' time, at least one person in this thread will have their console's GPU die while playing this game.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Haha true.enjoy it .and I LL deal with envy .for fuck sake I had Xbox I never got devil may cry due to Sony exclusivity .i get ps and I have to wait to play it. Devil may cry and I don't mix well 😂
Lol....Just when you Switching sides xD.....

well At least this time it's Just Demo and we all going to get the Full game this time

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Woulda been cool to get a demo on PS4/PC (is PC getting this?), but oh well. I'll watch videos of people more skilled than me doing stuff.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
A response like this though makes one look like a corporate apologist.

Jesus. Why is that, exactly?

Because all I did was using a gif to convey that is precisely what I think of some reactions in this thread. You might disagree with it, but please go ahead and explain why this makes me a corporate apologist.

Last edited: