• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
V Reminding me of Folklore and Dragon's Dogma sorcerer.

Me like

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
I only have a ps4. :(, but big ups to Microsoft for getting a demo early for DMCV. Excited to watch people play it.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sort of drab aesthetic is starting to bug me now.

Not that DMC has ever been all that saturated in color but the graybrowness of certain scenes kinda make it look muddy.

Combat sure looks rad but man, the RE engine seems like it's much more suited for atmospheric horror than action.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else super excited with Dante's Demon God form? I thought when they said there was going to be callback's to DMC2, it would be half assed stuff like the motorcycle, but holy fuck they brought it back, it's fucking awesome. Hope Lucia gets at least a cameo.
latest

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I can't defend exclusive demos in 2018. Especially when the game is multiplatform. I can wait to play this but, would of been nice to try on my Pro. I feel bad for the super diehard fans who want to try this. I didn't like it for RE7 and if RE2 does get a demo and it's PS4 exclusive there's gonna be some mad people.

On subject V looks sick and can't wait to play with him.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Just woke up. holy shit I didn't expect that kind of style for V and it looks amazing. Not sure how it will translate to complex and fast combat like Nero and Dante's, but I believe in Itsuno delivering. I know they would save Vergil gameplay reveal for last .

And ugh that exclusive demo. I do have my sister's old base Xbox, but this is lame. You don't want to market the game, by ignoring 90+% of your fanbase and not give thema demo to hype your game. Oh well, at least this isn't a RoTR bad situation.

Can't wait to play it.

edit: wait, I don't have an Xbox controller right now. DAMMIT.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Never brought a devil may cry this may be my first.
Also Capcom have been on fire the last 2 years, can't wait to see what else they have coming.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Great character powers. Can we paly the whole game with a character we choose ater we finish the game? The co-op at the end is great too. I hope not just online co-op and there is couch co-op too. The demo won't have co-op I presume.
So an exclusive demo for Xbox for DMC5 and on PS4 early demo of RE2?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Damn. I can only find a 720p 30 fps version. Fuck that noise. It looks like a shitty facebook vid rip.

Give me that 4k 60 fps upload. Hopefully they upload it immediately after it airs at the TGA's.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Great character powers. Can we paly the whole game with a character we choose ater we finish the game? The co-op at the end is great too. I hope not just online co-op and there is couch co-op too.
So an exclusive demo for Xbox for DMC5 and on PS4 early demo of RE2?
Yep I'm expecting a RE2 demo on PS4 very soon!

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
"That's why I built him that well-functioning arm... To kick demon ass."

That's weird dialogue...
Sounds like taking the Japanese style of speaking and translating it into English. Same as the old RE games, but less pronounced.

I notice this a lot in Capcom games. I think they have Japanese people go over the script and approve or edit it, because this is what would sound completely natural to a Japanese person who isn't used to talking naturally in English.

I know this is for certain what happens with Resident Evil games.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A platform exclusive demo for a multiplatform title is fucking lame, game looks ace though.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
I thought they were going to show Vergil at the end. Instead we got xbox exclusive demo lmao.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Just woke up. holy shit I didn't expect that kind of style for V and it looks amazing. Not sure how it will translate to complex and fast combat like Nero and Dante's, but I believe in Itsuno delivering. I know they would save Vergil gameplay reveal for last .

And ugh that exclusive demo. I do have my sister's old base Xbox, but this is lame. You don't want to market the game, by ignoring 90+% of your fanbase and not give thema demo to hype your game. Oh well, at least this isn't a RoTR bad situation.

Can't wait to play it.

edit: wait, I don't have an Xbox controller right now. DAMMIT.

Last edited:

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus. That was one exciting trailer. Guess I'll be watching people play the Demo tomorrow :/

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The demo will be about Nero only? The demo people played over and over during E3 and otehr occasions? I hope the demo would offer a mission for each character to test each characters abilities.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
For me an exclusive demo that I didn't have access too would be annoying than some random DLC that I probably wouldn't have even noticed in the first place.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, not feeling V's gameplay. Hopefully once i play it will click with me.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The demo will be about Nero only? The demo people played over and over during E3 and otehr occasions? I hope the demo would offer a mission for each character to test each characters abilities.

If you noticed it says "first demo"

likely indicating there will be a second, possible third.

I think that's dumb though. DMC5 is a package pivoting on three playable characters, and you risk losing sales if people aren't interested in Nero, thus then don't want to bother downloading the Dante or V demo.

You gotta go all out with demo's folks. So stupid.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
V is clearly a callout to Sieg Wahrheit from Chaos Legion. Now give him Sieg's costume pls.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you noticed it says "first demo"

likely indicating there will be a second, possible third.

I think that's dumb though. DMC5 is a package pivoting on three playable characters, and you risk losing sales if people aren't interested in Nero, thus then don't want to bother downloading the Dante or V demo.

You gotta go all out with demo's folks. So stupid.

Wait it was confirmed its only the Nero portion being demoed tomorrow? If so I'll hold off on playing this and stick with Smash. Nero is cool and all but I'd be lying if I said I'm getting this game for him, I want Dante.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I will admit I am not at all a "core" fan of the DMC franchise. Is V a brand new character or is it Vergil? Sorry if this has been asked and answered many times. I just seem to be getting mixed information on this and well... I hate that crap, lol. Again, I apologize if it has been asked and answered before.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I will admit I am not at all a "core" fan of the DMC franchise. Is V a brand new character or is it Vergil? Sorry if this has been asked and answered many times. I just seem to be getting mixed information on this and well... I hate that crap, lol. Again, I apologize if it has been asked and answered before.

New character.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, just saw this now, looks awesome.
God damn though, can't believe the demo is xbox exclusive, only know one person who still has a standard xbox, might have to try and borrow it off him, I got to try that demo.