• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even want them to have multiple demos. Save as much of the game for the release as possible. It's just a demo, you'll get over it.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If you noticed it says "first demo"

likely indicating there will be a second, possible third.

I think that's dumb though. DMC5 is a package pivoting on three playable characters, and you risk losing sales if people aren't interested in Nero, thus then don't want to bother downloading the Dante or V demo.

You gotta go all out with demo's folks. So stupid.

Ah I see. Probably not separate dermos but something like the RE7: Beginning Hour on PS4. It got updated 3 times iirc to add new locations and items and endings each time. The PC got that demo much later with everything and players missed the early situations which were different and fun to discover like the the wall hiding the room.

I think the otehr platforms will get the full and final demo wehn the Xbox version gets updated to its full extent.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
DtxENX0V4AA1Ual.jpg:large

Dante channeling his inner Gascoigne.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I like how the director gave another confirmation of being a fan of DMC (the first are the breaking environments) and he made the transformation of V by having his hair turning to white. That game is really overlooked.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I bought an Xbox One X during Black Friday and it's pretty quickly turning into one of the best purchases I've ever made.

I'm guessing the demo will just be the Nero one we saw at Gamescom, but I'll take ANYTHING, baby.

NovusTerminus

May 24, 2018
Are we sure it's an obligation to do two?

This is also the most mild "screwing" I've ever seen, 24 hours ago, a demo for this game didn't even exist in our minds.

It's more annoying then anything, I worded it a little extreme in my post.

I would assume it's part of Capcom's standard offer, you get advertising rights for the game, we give you a demo. It seems to be their trend so far (And might continue with RE2) So I am just assuming it's part of the advertising contract.

Quick Edit: A demo was teased back at Gamescom, and further teased in their livestream a few weeks ago that was at like... 5AM EST.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is v unable to run?
only showed him walking in the trailer
he seems super slow, not sure if he'll work in a fast paced game like dmc

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys he talked about stuff for full games, Like that crap with Destiny. And this is a demo lol. And it also says "play it first" you will get it soon enough also.
It's still an exclusivity window. If people want to make snarky comments about him going back on his word or whatever, they're not exactly wrong.

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
awesome to see it exclusive to the console that will run it the best! cant wait to try it out

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll be streaming this tomorrow definitely. Wonder what time it will go live?

Not sold on V though at all. Was expecting something closer to chaos legion. Dude seems....slow.

But first impressions and all that, let's see what he looks like in the right hands.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
Am I the only ones cringing at the voice acting. It's terrible, IMO.

The combat and visuals look great, though.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
I actually like good voice acting, though. So I'll probably change it to Japanese.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
DMC4's Japanese voice acting wasn't better than the English. Much like Bayonetta's Japanese track, you lose the really distinct style and unique voices and just end up with fairly generic anime performances. I mean, love it or hate it, but Devil May Cry is cheese, questionable localisations like "well-functioning arm" are part of the charm, and Reuben Langdon's dorky line reads are what make Dante who he is.

So I went to bed early to get up in the middle of the night to watch TGA, to see now that I missed the leak because of that and could go back to bed now. :p
Didn't give me too much more regarding the stoy, and I'm not too sure how to feel about the Vergil - V links if they are really going to be something.
I can't see V having trouble walking at all, seems fine to me..?
That trailer is a nice mix of all three.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LOL the leak trailer was WAY better than what we got at TGA. Kinda glad this leaked beforehand.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Glad we got the better trailer before so I could take the day to analyze it. Can't wait for the demo! My X is ready.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
I am so EXCITED about the demo. I chose to stop watching any DMC media after E3 but I'm certainly not against actually playing it and so early too!

Pull my Devil Trigger, Capcom! Hope it has all the X enhancements.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit co-op play confirmed for DMC5!!!

Speaking of seeing others in action, you may have noticed a couple of scenes in the trailer where Nero, Dante and V fight demons alongside each other. That is our brand-new cameo system, made specifically to complement Devil May Cry 5's single player gameplay. Here's how it works:

The game is primarily a single player experience, but director Itsuno-san and the team really wanted to tell an epic story with three distinct perspectives and play-styles, where the main protagonists run into each other and collaborate from time to time. So to make that a reality, they've implemented a system where, while connected to the Internet, players will make guest cameo appearances in each other's games in real time, or through ghost data gameplay recordings. Depending on the mission, you'll see another player in the background, but in other cases, you'll actually be slicing and dicing demons side-by-side with another players!