• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The dark souls of Devil may cry games.

edit:

And finally, we have just announced our first Devil May Cry 5 demo, available as of December 7, exclusively on Xbox One! This will be similar to our events demo, where you play as young demon hunter Nero with his trusty Red Queen sword and Blue Rose hand cannon as well as Overture and Gerbera Devil Breakers. You'll be able to play through nearly an entire mission, with the epic fight against Goliath waiting for you at the end. This demo will be available for download from December 7, 2018 until January 6, 2019.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Holy shit co-op play confirmed for DMC5!!!

Speaking of seeing others in action, you may have noticed a couple of scenes in the trailer where Nero, Dante and V fight demons alongside each other. That is our brand-new cameo system, made specifically to complement Devil May Cry 5's single player gameplay. Here's how it works:

The game is primarily a single player experience, but director Itsuno-san and the team really wanted to tell an epic story with three distinct perspectives and play-styles, where the main protagonists run into each other and collaborate from time to time. So to make that a reality, they've implemented a system where, while connected to the Internet, players will make guest cameo appearances in each other's games in real time, or through ghost data gameplay recordings. Depending on the mission, you'll see another player in the background, but in other cases, you'll actually be slicing and dicing demons side-by-side with another players!
That's crazy! Definitely GOAT game.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking of seeing others in action, you may have noticed a couple of scenes in the trailer where Nero, Dante and V fight demons alongside each other. That is our brand-new cameo system, made specifically to complement Devil May Cry 5's single player gameplay. Here's how it works:

The game is primarily a single player experience, but director Itsuno-san and the team really wanted to tell an epic story with three distinct perspectives and play-styles, where the main protagonists run into each other and collaborate from time to time. So to make that a reality, they've implemented a system where, while connected to the Internet, players will make guest cameo appearances in each other's games in real time, or through ghost data gameplay recordings. Depending on the mission, you'll see another player in the background, but in other cases, you'll actually be slicing and dicing demons side-by-side with another players!

So like RE6 where it's concurrent campaigns that some time overlap? That's a shame, I was hoping it would be more open than that to allow for multiple characters to play the same mission.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Itsuno throwing in everything and the kitchen sink and I am here for it

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
DIFsIXJ.jpg

Seems like a mix of both.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
V's hair turns white, he seems weakened physically, and he has a bunch of cracks in his skin, and is literally named V...that would be too obvious wouldn't it?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Also can't recall, did Dante use rebellion in DMC2? And we're going throughout this entire game without a nero DT?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
DIFsIXJ.jpg

Seems like a mix of both.

I suspect this is
Vergil

The question is if V ist Vergil... Where is Yamato?

I mean I didn''t want to say this but V is defintiely Vergil disguised to keep an eye on the whole crew and to spy on them. The white hair in transformation , the magical swords, the summonings and controls of demons and the name V (this is so obvious like Tobi is Obito) and the devil trigger and like someone said Yamato is in the cane.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Also can't recall, did Dante use rebellion in DMC2? And we're going throughout this entire game without a nero DT?

Yeah, DMC2 was the first appearance of Rebellion, but it didn't look especially Rebellion-y yet:
toFEKc1.jpg

The lore about each brother having their own signature sword given to them by Sparda only came about in DMC3.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
My man Vergil lookin like a straight bum. DMCs story isn't the greatest, but it's one of the things I keep coming back for with these games. Despite how great they are mechanically.

I think DMC3 had a really good story. Exploring the themes of family between not just Dante and Vergil but Arkham and Lady really added a lot of depth to the characters.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
V's gameplay doesn't look very SSStylish. It seems like a pretty big departure from the usual DMC formula.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Demo is up in the UK. If you carry over a save from the demo into the full release you get 30k red orbs, whatever the fuck that is.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
WTH? Demo is timed. They didn't announce that before: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...y-5-trailer-featuring-v-cameo-system-and-more

And finally, we have just announced our first Devil May Cry 5 demo, available as of December 7, exclusively on Xbox One! This will be similar to our events demo, where you play as young demon hunter Nero with his trusty Red Queen sword and Blue Rose hand cannon as well as Overture and Gerbera Devil Breakers. You'll be able to play through nearly an entire mission, with the epic fight against Goliath waiting for you at the end. This demo will be available for download from December 7, 2018 until January 6, 2019.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Holy hell this looks absolutely amazing. I'm there day one for sure.
Never thought they'd add co-op too.