• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
DIFsIXJ.jpg

Seems like a mix of both.

I hope this is an Improved majin form using concept art from DMC 4 as inspiration. In one hand, a reassembled and transformed Rebellion. In the other hand Sparda.

Except that if you fiddle around with the Urizen dialogues in the beginning of trailer you get this:
https://picosong.com/wjacK/

I it sounds like Virgil but I hope its not.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Urizen being Vergil has to be a red herring, remember the leaked gameplay prologue, they wouldn't spoil this in the first mission if it was really true.

Unless the story is full of flashbacks to show how Vergil became Urizen, then it could work.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit co-op play confirmed for DMC5!!!

Speaking of seeing others in action, you may have noticed a couple of scenes in the trailer where Nero, Dante and V fight demons alongside each other. That is our brand-new cameo system, made specifically to complement Devil May Cry 5's single player gameplay. Here's how it works:

The game is primarily a single player experience, but director Itsuno-san and the team really wanted to tell an epic story with three distinct perspectives and play-styles, where the main protagonists run into each other and collaborate from time to time. So to make that a reality, they've implemented a system where, while connected to the Internet, players will make guest cameo appearances in each other's games in real time, or through ghost data gameplay recordings. Depending on the mission, you'll see another player in the background, but in other cases, you'll actually be slicing and dicing demons side-by-side with another players!
If I remember it correctly RE6 did this. So this isn't new even for Capcom.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I don't see the demo on the UK store at this moment. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Vergil could be everyone and nothing right now.
The bird is possible. It definitely has a conciousness of its own; how it talks to V and flys after Dante without being told to do so. It seems to accompany him most of the time, different to the other demons he can summon. And it also features the color blue.
He can have a link to V, like they have a pact. That's how V got those powers and this white hair thing. And it seems he has a price to pay for it with his body falling apart. Is this meant to be similar to Vergil's corruption?
And Urizen is still possible too. (Although how did Vergil get from half-dead getting Yamato back to being Urizen op as fuck just to hold a tournament for the next king of the underworld..?)
Maybe he's split in half? His human half is linked to V, his demon half became Urizen.

My head's spinning. D:

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Vergil could be everyone and nothing right now.
The bird is possible. It definitely has a conciousness of its own; how it talks to V and flys after Dante without being told to do so. It seems to accompany him most of the time, different to the other demons he can summon. And it also features the color blue.
He can have a link to V, like they have a pact. That's how V got those powers and this white hair thing. And it seems he has a price to pay for it with his body falling apart. Is this meant to be similar to Vergil's corruption?
And Urizen is still possible too. (Although how did Vergil get from half-dead getting Yamato back to being Urizen op as fuck just to hold a tournament for the next king of the underworld..?)
Maybe he's split in half? His human half is linked to V, his demon half became Urizen.

My head's spinning. D:

How Vergil fits into all this is still the greatest mystery so far. Urizen's voice, the glowing blue pieces on Urizen's body, the sharp upward facing grooves on Urizen's body all reminds me of Virgil in some way. But I still hope that's not him.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
My best guess right now is that Vergil is somehow connected to Urizen, but its not him.

Oct 25, 2017
ONLINE co-op!?!?!? Wat. Kinda lacklustre in Bayonetta 2 so I'm hoping it's something more substantial in this one.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Urizen being Vergil has to be a red herring, remember the leaked gameplay prologue, they wouldn't spoil this in the first mission if it was really true.

Unless the story is full of flashbacks to show how Vergil became Urizen, then it could work.

That's a theory I've been thinking about yesterday. The leaked garage scene being the point where everything start, because that's when Nero loses his arm so it's definitely the prologue.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is Angelo Dante. This is a boss I would love:

mQGl4j8.jpg

oF1u4W1.jpg

My god does this look amazing.

Let's hope together, wasn't a fan of this right from the start. I'm really dying over here, don't know how much more my heart can handle. Poor Vergil.

Making him some big baddy that wants to lay waste to the entire planet just seems a bit much to me. That doesn't sound like something would do in his right mind.

Okay quick question, the DMC wiki says Cavaliere Angelo was actually made by mundus, do we know how accurate that is? I can't recall hearing about that.

I know the Angelo's are leftover creations of Mundus. I assume this dude is somehow connected to that. That part where we see Trish being wrapped in tentacle maybe apart of its birth

Last edited:

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Anyone have a link to the demo on the xbox website!? I'm at work and want it to download so when I get home I can fire it up.

All set, used the xbox app on my phone and just did a search for "Devil may cry 5."

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY hope there is a way to force co-op with another player on the levels with multiple characters. Bayonetta 2's co-op mode was so much fun I think it'd be awesome if we could do that in a main game. I hope (but don't expect) Bloody Palace will be co-opable. Would be amazing to go through Bloody Palace with a friend.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That finger snap was like top 10 sexy transformation material, so suave. I feel like V stands for Vergil is the moust likely outcome, it would fit with the hole sickly demeanor V has, and the White hair is a dead giveaway. Or we have gone Kingdom Hearts up in this bitch and V is like Sora, a vessel for Vergil's soul ala Roxas.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
The trailer looks amazing. Graphics, character and enemy designs, gameplay is hype as f..k and I even dont like Devil May Cry.

I have the demo loaded on my X, I will try later but I'm so bad at those type of games...

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
The game is gorgeous on the 1X, but the boss kicked my ass, lol. Gonna try it again after work.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
V uses tattoos to go DT. Makes me wonder about the true nature of those tattoos. Maybe they are some sort of seal and V has a demon inside of him or something? So removing parts of the seal will give V demonic power (white hair).
HQDYiRo.png

This also makes sense with how V starts getting cracks on his skin later on. The demon is breaking free since the seal is getting weak. And I could be wrong about this, but looks like there is a scene with V getting permanent white hair (demon finally takes over)
HQDZdft.jpg

HQDZlt4.jpg

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
V uses tattoos to go DT. Makes me wonder about the true nature of those tattoos. Maybe they are some sort of seal and V has a demon inside of him or something? So removing parts of the seal will give V demonic power (white hair).
HQDYiRo.png

This also makes sense with how V starts getting cracks on his skin later on. The demon is breaking free since the seal is getting weak. And I could be wrong about this, but looks like there is a scene with V getting permanent white hair (demon finally takes over)
HQDZdft.jpg

HQDZlt4.jpg
Breh, you need to pick a side. #TeamV or #TeamUrizen

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Breh, you need to pick a side. #TeamV or #TeamUrizen
For Vergil? He is Urizen.

But V is possessed by some demon for sure. A powerful demon. A demon that could create enemies from DMC1. One that could possibly rival Urizen and try to capture the throne for themselves. If I was a betting man, my money would've been on Mundus.

It makes sense when you think about it. If Vergil is Urizen (which I believe he is) then I'm sure things aren't exactly the way we think they are. I think this might be Mundus' scheme to not only come back but to destroy the Sparda family entirely and get revenge on what Sparda and Dante did to him. Making Dante, Nero and Vergil fight and destroy each other while preparing V to become a suitable host for himself.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is gonna be some kingdom hearts bullshit with urizen and vergil and v all being related isnt it

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Apparently this one will have more cinematics than any other DMC game to date, (DMC4 sure had a lot of those....). So maybe?

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I like V battle theme its good. I played the demo from 2 am to 5am yesterday. Got a hang of it already, I streamed most of it too. It took me a while to get used to how sluglish the XboxOne controller feels compared to the PS4 one, for DMC inputs. But ones I got it, it was fine.

So far I only gotten S rank twice, it gives you a different ending picture.

Little things I kinda want them to add/fix after playing the demo:

1. Enable multiple button mapping, ex: I want to have X/[] and B/O as Devil Breakers.
2. Can we have another button than A/X which is JUMP to accept things ingame? I end up jumping instead of activating the action a lot.
3. Let us map the TAUNT button
4. Have a way to use Devil Breakers while in Lock-On. I have notice that its hard to lock on to the enemy I want, because I have to release Lock-On to use the Devil Breaker moves. So I would like to have it as a extra button or something else.

Those are my only 4 details I would wish they could change, but I doubt it. I get the BREAKING mechanics, so I won't ask for a switching button, but for the other stuff, I want that if possible lol

If you guys want to see my stream of my first 3 hrs, go to www.twitch.com/darkaoz I'm streaming again atm, gonna see how stylish I can be