• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
X enhacements in or out

I haven't seen the frame rate stutter like other members describing their experience on base models

XB1X @ 1080p
xpyBon1.png

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
I called Vergil being Urizen when the leaked footage came out months ago.

When Dante struggles against him they zoom in on his face so that you can see the humanoid face underneath it better.

It was really obvious to me at that point because thats something you do in that way if its a character that has history with Dante and we know.

I originally dismissed that idea, but in the past few hours the idea that Urizen is Vergil forme created from whatever power he was looking for, has really grown on me. And yes, the humanoid face underneath the armor, that higher pitched voice that's almost identical to Dan's, lines everything up. But keep in mind that Dan also voiced Credo in DMC4, so that just might be the case this time as well.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
That "Vergil is Urizen" theory is "Old Snake is Big Boss (dude, he has an eyepatch and is OLD)" kind of shit.

You all are crazy.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm super happy with the demo so far... from all of the videos of the game so far, it always had a slightly clunky look to the animation (kinda like God of War 4 actually has) but damn, actually playing it, everything is super smooth and RE Engine is best thing to happen to Capcom in a long time.

I'm liking the planning involved with devil breakers too. Makes replays fun because you can develop a flowchart and what maximizes damage against the boss.

Overture, Overture, Gerbera, Gerbera wirks well.

Do a charged Overture detonation on the roof. Then, inside the cathedral do another Overture detonation. Blow it up with Gerberas air Petal Ray charge. Folliw with another Petal Ray. Then grab the Overture outside and use it to parry his rush charge attack.

So good.

It looks and plays well even on a poverty xbox too lol.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
But keep in mind that Dan also voiced Credo in DMC4, so that just might be the case this time as well.
Not true.

Dan only did the mo-cap for Credo. VA was someone else. They even talk about this in that famous Devil May Cry reunion panel where Dan basically confirmed DMC5 lol

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just played a couple times. Damn it feels good to play a DMC again. Nero feels weighty but the controls are still really responsive (looking at you Red Dead). I was definitely rusty, I wasn't able to get an S rank lol.

Urizen is Vergil

V is Vergil

Nero has Vergil's power in his arm

Dante is Vergil's brother

Lady spoke to Vergil once

Trish and Nico don't know Vergil, but they'd probably think he was cool

DMC5 logo has a great big 'V' in it

Van-kun is Vergilmobile's son [citation needed]
Bruh, you forgot the bird.
Everyone is Vergil! 2019 is the year of Vergil!
We thought him dead for yeeeeears, and now we get more Vergil than we can handle.
Now that I'm not a widow anymore, I guess I should stop drooling all over my brother-in-law. But it's hard to break with old habits. And his hair is fucking gorgeous.

Priceless.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really curious as to how controlling V and his summons is gonna be like... They mentioned controlling the panther and hawk being like twin stick shooters, but what about V himself? Maybe holding the right trigger will control one and the left trigger another? His play style is really interesting and I'm much more excited to play as him than I expected.

His skin cracking up like this, though... Just like Nelo Angelo and DMC5 Vergil.

732odyv.jpg

You can really hear it in this one: https://picosong.com/wjacH/

The "It has begunnnnnn" is spot on for our boy.
I'm losing my shit over this so much. Can't believe those theories are gonna turn out true. Jesus.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Some of this looks stunning, and some very last gen.
Fingers crossed it's going to be fixed for the final

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Vergil comes back and it's the DmC one crossing over from another dimension. I need the spite.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Digital Foundry did a video on it back when it was publicly shown at Gamescom and they were pretty sure it was. Some drops to the 40s in cutscenes, but gameplay is rock-solid and they couldn't pixel-count but it certainly looks like full 4K:

Impressive, I thought it's impossible to get 4K 60 FPS until next gen, the RE engine is amazing.

OP
OP
MBS

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me: They could have made Faust a fedora. ( ͡° ل͜ ͡°)

The plot thickens..!
Where is that from?

Project X Zone 2. Where basically characters from different timelines crossing paths. That's why the paradox of DMC3 Vergil, DMC1 Dante and Nelo Angelo (Vergil), all in the same room:

Last edited: