• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
DMC4 rushjob turning Gloria into Trish, ugh, take all the time you want but please do it justice. I feel every DMC after the first were hugely compromised one way or another.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hugely disagree about DMC3 being compromised. Nothing we know about its development suggests that's the case either.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
DMC3 is awesome but man the enemy design was so lacking compared to DMC1 and to some extent the setting as well, may well be nostalgia goggles because DMC1 still my favourite. DMC3 story and characterisation was glorious though.

Oct 25, 2017

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I would like a itsuno done DMC2 if only to add Lucia, she was interesting.

I don't think even that much is necessary. Tell a new game that takes place after DMC2's place in canon. Lucia is part of the crew. Dante writes off the entire episode as him "having a cold", and that was why he was so subdued that entire game.

Badda bing, badda boom, now keep it moving.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think even that much is necessary. Tell a new game that takes place after DMC2's place in canon. Lucia is part of the crew. Dante writes off the entire episode as him "having a cold", and that was why he was so subdued that entire game.

That would work too.

DeadStar

Oct 25, 2017
Finally posting here :)
Hopefully Itsuno will bless us with DMC5 sooner than later. We have waited almost 10 years, a bit more won't hurt.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about working my way back up to DMC 3 Dante Must Die again. Been a while, and my skills have rusted.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Thinking of platinuming the games, but you guys said dmc2 bloody palace was 7 hours straight.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We played DMC2 when there weren't trophies and people weren't even motivated to beat the game twice (once for Lucia and once for Dante). What makes you think we would want to Platinum it? LOL!

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

I'd actually want Dante to be somewhere between DMC2 and 4 in demeanor if they are brave enough to place a new game after that entry. Though, part of that is just me not really caring for how much goofier Dante got between 3 and 4.

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow was able to push myself through 2/3 of Dante's campaign in DMC2 because I had to see for myself what was so bad about that game compared to the rest of the series.

Never again. I learned my god damn lesson.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've managed to get a Plat in every DMC game possible including both versions of the reboot. 2's was without a doubt the worst , not hard just tedious and boring. 4se on the other hand was ridiculous.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just really want to see what the new DMC5 designs for Dante and the rest will be, what age they will be etc. He was 100% jokes in DMC4, that's fine to do once but here's hoping there's more depth than that this time.

Never got around to playing dogma. Maybe I should get into it.

You should definitely try it out, it plays at the calibur you would expect from the guy behind DMC3/4 and various great fighting games. The combat is by far the best in the genre. Bitterblack Isle is better than Bloody Palace imo, I wish DMC5 has something like it.

I always wish I liked DD more than I do. Was never able to get past the jank, even in the PC edition. Feel like I remember trying to go all swordsman and being bummed out by how few active skills I could equip at once.

It's worth sticking to, switching classes is painless as well so you can constantly be trying new things. You can't have a giant arsenal of moves active at once like in DMC but it doesn't really need that.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I just really want to see what the new DMC5 designs for Dante and the rest will be, what age they will be etc. He was 100% jokes in DMC4, that's fine to do once but here's hoping there's more depth than that this time.

I'm totally down with a new design - heck, every entry has pretty much been new personality wise. But DMC4 (and 3, sometimes) felt most self aware, which I personally loved. He doesn't have to be all jokes, but it's when he's at his best.

It's worth sticking to, switching classes is painless as well so you can constantly be trying new things. You can't have a giant arsenal of moves active at once like in DMC but it doesn't really need that.

That's what I keep telling myself, but they're all so damn fun that I want to experiment. I constantly felt at odds with a flat world and story and this amazing combat.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Itsuno's new game has to be DMC5.

I won't take anything else! The day DMC5 gets announced will be one that will put me in a absolutley good mood for that particular day.

#PSX

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I keep telling myself, but they're all so damn fun that I want to experiment. I constantly felt at odds with a flat world and story and this amazing combat.

Then have fun and experiment with moves and classes, the game encourages that :)

As for the story, it actually comes together surprisingly well in the end, both during the main campaign and Bitterblack Isle.

Itsuno's new game has to be DMC5.

I won't take anything else! The day DMC5 gets announced will be one that will put me in a absolutley good mood for that particular day.

#PSX

It would honestly be shocking if DMC5 isn't what he's working on.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
We in here, booooooooooooyz. DMC5 is coming, and we will be rewarded for our patience. Praise be to our lord and savior, Itsuno-sama. Replaying DMC3 right now to get myself hyped--game is still so damn good, PC-edition warts and all.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that DMC5's announcement at PSX would be right in time for DMC4's 10th anniversary.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of platinuming the games, but you guys said dmc2 bloody palace was 7 hours straight.

I was thinking of doing the same. I've been casually playing DMC1 again (like one or two missions a week) and the platinum for that doesn't seem too bad.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of doing the same. I've been casually playing DMC1 again (like one or two missions a week) and the platinum for that doesn't seem too bad.

DMD Nelo 3 gave me quite a bit of trouble as well as Mundus 2. Nightmare 3 didn't but accidently destroying his cores gives him a stupid amount of health so that should be avoided if possible. Love DMC1 because they dont let you cheese it with item spam.

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should gif his facial expression.

Sin_titulo-1.png

Twitch emoji tier.

Last edited: