• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, I have Twitch Prime by association (its available to all Amazon Prime members).

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Free DMC1 with Twitch Prime is good news, a nice treat to have while waiting for sales on this collection.
Sorry. My twitch prime goes to cod so i can get my exclusive supply drops lol
You don't have to pick and choose which Twitch Prime offerings you get, you can reclaim all of them.
Is it a steam key via twitch prime?
Most likely not, I think. I mean, I have Superhot due to Twitch Prime and it requires installing their client to run it.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I still think they're taking the mickey asking for £25 for a quick and dirty port of a HD remaster; that's the same price as the SOTC remake.

Even the recent Okami port was £13 on launch.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So If i get the Free 7 days Twitch prime i get Free dmc?
Answering myself
Starting on February 27, we're letting you play the very first Devil May Cry for free! This limited-time offer will get you the PC version of the game through the Twitch Desktop App, where you'll also be able to purchase the full collection. Visit Twitch.tv on the 27th, log in to your Twitch Prime account and claim the original Devil May Cry for free. There's even a free trial you can sign up for at twitchprime.com.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Remind me if I'm wrong, but didn't the previous generation's DMC collection have technical issues? Any word on if they've fixed any of the sound syncing issues or what not?

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice intiative by Capcom. Many folks on PC would be able to play the glorious first game for free.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What do they mean, three classic games? There are only two games in this collection: DMC1 and DMC3.

Anyway, can't wait to play these babies again.

I mean "they" (Kamiya) literally makes games like this still... so....

nice package. will grab for a decent price.

Kamiya's last game like this was W101, and the last new entries in the genre were Bayo 2, Korra, Transformers Devastation and arguably Furi and NieR Automata.

Well, Bayonetta 3 and DMC V are a thing.

And DMC V unless the rumours are false, which I doubt.

Even if the rumors are false, DMC5 is happening.

Niiiiiiiiice! This and triple Bayo smackdown makes this a pretty good year for stylish action.

It's a decent year, but I doubt Bayo 3 is coming out this year.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Now that MHW is out, Capcom can start full campaigning for their next big games... or more specifically DMCV.

Start by marketing DMC HD collection. DMC1 on Twitch for free is perfect marketing. DMC games have lots of early potential for twitch views because people will be tuning in to high level style play. Hell DMC3 started the trend of flashy combo videos in single player action games. Get the Twitch people in with a free copy of DMC1 to get them into the series, paving the foundation.

DMC1 over DMC3 as the free game is interesting. DMC3 probably makes the biggest value in the collection so they probably don't want to give that out for free. Based on the rumors, it seems like there might be quite some throwback to DMC1 in DMCV and most people have forgotten DMC1. So making that one free would make the most sense.

Also that trailer is probably indicative of how they will be marketing DMCV. Emphasis the stylish action and 60FPS, hype cutscene and characters. 0 game play of DMC2 in that trailer only two seconds of arguably the best cutscene in DMC2 LOL!

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Man I really hope DMC3 isnt as badly port as the original Special Edition.

Also, that sucks that its Twitch App locked. Oh well COD supply drops it is.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
"Extreme 60fps action" tag reads like they're paving the way for something brand new.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Start by marketing DMC HD collection. DMC1 on Twitch for free is perfect marketing. DMC games have lots of early potential for twitch views because people will be tuning in to high level style play. Hell DMC3 started the trend of flashy combo videos in single player action games. Get the Twitch people in with a free copy of DMC1 to get them into the series, paving the foundation.

They're trying to raise brand awareness by giving the first game for free as DMC is a neglected IP and they're trying to expose the franchise to a new, broader audience. Seems like a calculated move by Capcom trying to build momentum for a bigger reveal later on. Had they introduce DMC5 out of the blue in E3, would have felt kinda off for new players who don't know what DMC is.