• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At that point you might as well just start making a new DMC game.

Usually the art assets used to create textures for a game are much more detailed and have a higher resolution than the in-game asset. It'd be just a matter of comitting the resources to create textures closer to what the artists already drew back then.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The games look exactly like how they should.

Also DMC games especially on the PS2 looked bad. Just look up some DMC1 screens for PS2. These games look much better in person because the 60FPS fluidity doesn't come across in screens.

Capcom isn't going to put in extra effort on a HD re-release when they got DMCV to polish up.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I remember buying DMC2 for the PS2 and it came with two disc 2 games. For those that don't know there are two different story modes for the game, and Dante is Disc 1.

So yeah. That kind of sucked. I think I even let the game sit on the shelf for awhile so by the time I noticed..too late.
No returns.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The games look exactly like how they should.

I don't think anyone actually thinks these games should look like garbage. Look at how Bluepoint handled Ico/Shadow of the Colossus on the PS3.

new_ico_1080p.bmp.jpg

Ico_Emulation_003.bmp.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone actually thinks these games should look like garbage. Look at how Bluepoint handled Ico/Shadow of the Colossus on the PS3.
They don't look like garbage. , they look like PS2 games upscaled to 1080P as intended. I own and have played the PS3 collections, they are a definite step up from the PS2 versions visually. If this is based off of the PS3 version then it's fine. The bigger news is finally a DMC1 version on Steam and a non shit PC port of DMC3. And that's where I will be getting this version.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
They don't look like garbage. , they look like PS2 games upscaled to 1080P as intended. I own and have played the PS3 collections, they are a definite step up from the PS2 versions visually. If this is based off of the PS3 version then it's fine. The bigger news is finally a DMC1 version on Steam and a non shit PC port of DMC3. And that's where I will be getting this version.
They were never intended to be viewed at 1080p, so they should have made new textures. Game looks like straight garbage at 1080p with no work done.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Team Ico Collection had Sony money behind it, and were only two games. Most sixth gen remasters don't have that kind of effort behind them.

4K on Pro and 1X or just on PC? I apologise if I've got my facts wrong, but last I saw Capcom had confirmed that the console versions were 1080p only.

They support 1440p and 4K according to Capcom manager of digital platforms wbacon. Maybe more as well.

Man, these game are ugly. Should have included 4 in there too.

This is a port of HD collection, and 4 is already on PS4.

Also DMC1 looks fine. DMC3 looks rough though but it always did in HD.

They were never intended to be viewed at 1080p, so they should have made new textures. Game looks like straight garbage at 1080p with no work done.

Barely any 6th gen title was intended to be viewed in HD at any resolution.

Last edited:

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Garbage.

They retouched the textures for the PS3 version, but couldn't be bothered to retouch them again for this ps4 release.
Won't be surprised if the Kalina Ann glitch is still in too.

This version gets a hard pass from me. I hope they aren't using these sales to judge DMC5.

Are you saying that the PS3 version has better textures over this upcoming version ie. they are not adapting from that release but instead straight from PS2 a la Code Veronica X?

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Are you saying that the PS3 version has better textures over this upcoming version ie. they are not adapting from that release but instead straight from PS2 a la Code Veronica X?

No he's saying that they retouched textures for the PS3 version, and although they're using that as a basis, aren't retouching them further.

OP
OP
JumpCancel

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017

This release allows every current gen console owner to play Devil May Cry 1-3 if they want. The options there with the modern expectation of 1080p. These are not remakes or remasters: It's an "HD" collection. Yes it's bare-bones, but we knew they were simply releasing the existing HD collection on current gen consoles. Saying "they should have made new textures" is naive. These games are PS2 games and everyone going in should be aware of that.

It's not like they're advertising this as a remake or going with the notion "enhanced for a new generation". Get your expectations in check.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
This release allows every current gen console owner to play Devil May Cry 1-3 if they want. The options there with the modern expectation of 1080p. These are not remakes or remasters: It's an "HD" collection. Yes it's bare-bones, but we knew they were simply releasing the existing HD collection on current gen consoles. Saying "they should have made new textures" is naive. These games are PS2 games and everyone going in should be aware of that.

It's not like they're advertising this as a remake or going with the notion "enhanced for a new generation". Get your expectations in check.
Hey whatever man. HD collection means a little more to me than 1080p.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side, DMC1 is finally on PC, there will be a actual good version of DMC3 and a game that isn't suppose to exist somehow exist in the collection!