• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
French gaming outlet JeuxActu recently posted an interview they did with Itsuno: https://www.jeuxactu.com/devil-may-cry-5-le-dmc-de-ninja-theory-nous-a-beaucoup-influence-117235.htm

- The Void and the kill cam were indeed inspired by DmC's training mode and kill cam.

- Itsuno mentions that Dante has pawned off his other weapons so he could make ends meet, a detail previously covered in the Devil May Cry audio drama. This explains why he doesn't just bring weapons like Cerberus or Agni & Rudra along with him on new jobs.

- Only Nero fights Goliath during the campaign. The scenes from the Game Awards trailer of V fighting Goliath were from Bloody Palace. Itsuno says that you won't refight bosses with other characters during the campaign (presumably with DMC4's infamous backtracking with Dante in mind). But, you'll be able to fight the bosses in Bloody Palace with the other characters.

- The interviewer asks about the differences in power between the main antagonist Urizen and DMC1 antagonist Mundus, who was supposedly the strongest being in DMC's lore. Itsuno says that Urizen is without question the strongest enemy in the series. Urizen sitting on his throne and barely moving during the fights with him is meant to make the player feel like fighting him is a utterly crazy, almost insurmountable task.

- The interviewer asks about updates and DLC other than Bloody Palace. Itsuno restates that DMC5 is designed to be a complete single player experience. Players won't have to feel like they have to wait for multiple seasons of extra content. Bloody Palace will arrive later as a free update because fans really want BP, and they needed the extra time to work on it.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
  • Itsuno says that you won't refight bosses with other characters during the campaign
Okay now I will get excited for the game

Oct 27, 2017
With 5 being the furthest along in the timeline, it feels like they can go all out with the villains' power levels, and present a real sense of danger to Dante, since we don't know his fate after the fact. Nice to hear that Mundus isn't the ceiling anymore.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Itsuno says that you won't refight bosses with other characters during the campaign

vxRAwo8.gif

dmc4letsrockcool.gif

tumblr_p3clteWi4o1txxh43o1_1280.jpg

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
- The interviewer asks about the differences in power between the main antagonist Urizen and DMC1 antagonist Mundus, who was supposedly the strongest being in DMC's lore. Itsuno says that Urizen is without question the strongest enemy in the series. Urizen sitting on his throne and barely moving during the fights with him is meant to make the player feel like fighting him is a utterly crazy, almost insurmountable task.
Didn't they already do this with a DMC2 boss? I vaguely remember fighting a guy who was just sitting around goofing off.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Is it a "hot take" to say I like boss rematches? I like boss rematches. Even the DMC3 boss rush. I really liked that.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't this game have co-op? Or straight up SP. Combat looks great, Only ever completed DMC1 and remember Mundus shouting " you cant defeat meee " or something like that, Was terrified lol.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't this game have co-op? Or straight up SP. Combat looks great, Only ever completed DMC1 and remember Mundus shouting " you cant defeat meee " or something like that, Was terrified lol.

i think it's fake coop like you'll be playing nero and you can see dante fighting off in the distance but the dante will be controlled by another player...something like that
nothing like dark souls summoning

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
i think it's fake coop like you'll be playing nero and you can see dante fighting off in the distance but the dante will be controlled by another player...something like that
nothing like dark souls summoning
Oh i see, Fair do's then. Probably still pick it up for the combat and top notch looking characters.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
- Only Nero fights Goliath during the campaign. The scenes from the Game Awards trailer of V fighting Goliath were from Bloody Palace. Itsuno says that you won't refight bosses with other characters during the campaign (presumably with DMC4's infamous backtracking with Dante in mind). But, you'll be able to fight to fight bosses in Bloody Palace with characters you wouldn't be able to do during the campaign.
This is a huge relief.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So long as "even more powerful than Mundus" doesn't translate to "a new, more difficult SCHMUP level", that's fine by me.

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Other than Goliath we've seen Nero and V fight that worm meatboy-with-blades-for-hands boss. COuld have sworn it was in the campaign mode too.

To my knowledge we've only seen V fight him. Where did you see this?

So long as "even more powerful than Mundus" doesn't translate to "a new, more difficult SCHMUP level", that's fine by me.

Itsuno will never put arcade sections in his games as long as he draws breath.

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
DMC Enzo only has one arm, while Bayo Enzo has both his, so they're definitely not the same character. Kamiya's Enzo was meant to be the same one mentioned in DMC1, but his vision is not consistent with current DMC canon.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
DMC best bosses have always been the human sized or similar sized ones to dante.

DMC4 best and only difficult bosses was erm dante lol.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
DMC Enzo only has one arm, while Bayo Enzo has both his, so they're definitely not the same character. Kamiya's Enzo was meant to be the same one mentioned in DMC1, but his vision is not consistent with current DMC canon.

Maybe he got another arm.

A devilish one at that

jGoG090.gif

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, Kamiya has his own canon in regards to DMC that doesn't really line up to Itsuno's.

Dante is a cold hearted man if he sold Agni&Rudra just like that.
On the other hand - doomed to hang on Dante's wall not being allowed to talk doesn't sound too good either. Maybe it's for the best to give them to a better place to live at. :o

I know Enzo only from the mange where his arms are just fine. Where does he have only one?

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
Can't believe he sold Beowulf though. That shit got me through DMD mode with Jump Cancel spam. Also, I guess this confirms that Urizen is the big bad? I'm still really on the fence about him really being Vergil...

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Can't believe he sold Beowulf though. That shit got me through DMD mode with Jump Cancel spam. Also, I guess this confirms that Urizen is the big bad? I'm still really on the fence about him really being Vergil...

He is spreading the love around to help aspiring demon hunters out. I would believe Lady probably has a devil arm on her now or a modified to the teeth with her guns now

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
it makes sense because Urizen is
the demon king, Mundus was just the prince of darkness

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then i guess the missions where you can select your character wont feature boss fights.