• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wow $19.99? I really thought it would be $29.99!

Should be $9.99 though imo.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wow, and for only $20. Capcom must've been feeling generous, they could easily charge 30 for this and 30 for 3.

Now watch them try to sell 2 for $20 as well.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that first comment in the article. There is just something weirdly ironic about a user with the name "PS2 Master Race" calling DMC1 garbage.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
that's not a horrible price was expecting an extra $10 per. At least its cheaper than those RE ports. If they release all 3 at $19.99 its a $60 collection lol. Much more expensive than it is currently but still

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Time to see if the Capcom test will work in their favor.

It probably won't, and it definitely shouldn't.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
How much does Nintendo or other companies usually sell Remasters or HD ports from that Era ? $20 seems pretty normal.

Kunomori

Nov 1, 2017
It's less painful to believe in the conspiracy that this game is coming to switch only to have a real excuse to put Dante in Smash. LOL

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody's complaining about the size? 9.2 GB? What the hell? Isn't the trilogy like 12 GB or something? What did they do to make it this big?

Apr 21, 2018
Capcom can price high all they want, I've been around long enough to know they become the most aggressive when it comes to sales.

I have held off the temptation to buy RE4 because I always wanted it portably, but they can fuck off for $30. I'll grab it for 9.99 down the line. I'll grab DMC 1 and DMC 3 down the line for the same price.

Just wait guys. DMC1 is an all-time classic if you havn't played it, but notlikethis.gif

Mr. Patch

Nov 9, 2017
I'll definitely get it at $15.

I don't think most people are going to trip over paying $20, though.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and why the fuck is devil may cry 1 9.2 gigabytes when the ps4 collection is 12 gigabytes total!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
But that was for platforms that had already experienced the same collection before. 20 bucks for a game that most Nintendo players haven't experienced is fair.
that's not a horrible price was expecting an extra $10 per. At least its cheaper than those RE ports. If they release all 3 at $19.99 its a $60 collection lol. Much more expensive than it is currently but still
Very, very clever tactic from Capcom, make Switch owners expect the absolute worst($30 for a single old Resident Evil port) so when they sell a collection including 3 games for $30 on other systems , they can ask $20 a piece instead (and of course $20 for DMC2) and nobody complains. 🤔

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Very, very clever tactic from Capcom, make Switch owners expect the absolute worst($30 for a single old Resident Evil port) so when they sell a collection including 3 games for $30 on other systems , they can ask $20 a piece instead (and of course $20 for DMC2) and nobody complains. 🤔
I'm sorry but $20 is usually the standard for this. Okami released at 20. Onimusha released at 20. This is far and away from the $40 they asked for the Street Fighter 2 remaster, THAT was bad.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But that was for platforms that had already experienced the same collection before. 20 bucks for a game that most Nintendo players haven't experienced is fair.

They didn't overpriced titles for Microsoft platforms and PC tho. Bad excuse.

19$ for a single early gen PS2 remaster is absurd.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'll complain twice as hard.

Also how is this 9 GB.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Doesn't mean I'm fine with the price. It's still wayyy to expensive. Just was expecting for Capcom to add extra Switch tax lol. Like the way they really gouged on RE titles

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I was able to buy the HD Collection AND DMC4SE on PC for that price. If Capcom is using this as a litmus test for the rest of the series I don't think it's gonna go well.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't mean I'm fine with the price. It's still wayyy to expensive. Just was expecting for Capcom to add extra Switch tax lol. Like the way they really gouged on RE titles

Nintendo needs to supervise it's third-party pricing more closely. This "Switch tax" is an anti-costumer and scummy practice and might create a domino effect if they overlook it.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Capcoms Switch support is a joke, they know there is much cash to get from Switch users and price their old ports extremely high, but they refuse to get this money with newer ports.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lmfao 20 bucks for one of the worst games in the series? No thanks. Capcom is straight robbing folk.

I'm sorry but $20 is usually the standard for this. Okami released at 20. Onimusha released at 20. This is far and away from the $40 they asked for the Street Fighter 2 remaster, THAT was bad.
youre_serious_futurama.gif