• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
edit: to be clear: This is basicly the same game already released on PS3/4 and Xboxes. the same as the PS2 game but in HD

mYZlUFW.jpg

mZ9KyAv.jpg

PcItYWY.jpg

L0KUeUM.jpg

msIONHu.jpg

2dI5L1G.jpg

CFNntDK.jpg

soo, yeah uhm...that looks rough
I just hope the game isn't more than 19.90 (at most)

source: gamefront.de (via capcom)

lock if old

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Missed opportunity of title being 'Devil May Cry, 5 screenshots'

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Major oof. Those textures, man. But hey the anti aliasing is pretty decent. Wonder if that'll hold in the final game...

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's a 2001 ps2 game guys lol

definitely could benefit from the ol' AI generated texture machine though

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, were people expecting a full remake? It looks like the other HD versions.

This isn't like the Saints Row 3 port that seems to look and perform worse than the last gen version.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ehhhh, I'm all for criticizing the Switch hardware and Switch ports, but what exactly did you expected here? It's literally the PS2 version just in native 1080p.
Just like all the other HD collections, it's not a remake, it's a HD port.

Ehm, why did you thought I was being critical of the Switch?

I was clearly reacting to the Screenshots, which look less than flattering. And even if it's a PS2 port, a few better textures would have done wonders. This is literally a PS2 game upscaled to 1080p.

Something Capcom is probably going to ask 30 Bucks for. So yeah, yikes.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
You can tell who started playing video games after the PS2 era in here.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, in movement it won't be so ugly. I think

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What did everyone expect? The game is hella old. It looks more or less like it did on the PS2.

I wonder what they will charge for this? It's such a shame it won't be released in a collection pack with the only games release for the PS2 1 and 3.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
played a bit of it on PC when Twitch Prime gave it away. looked about just as bad as far as i can recall

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why anyone is surprised regarding the way this looks. It's a PS2 game - an early one at that.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's DMC not sure what you guys are expecting, now the price tho Capcom will fuck us with that

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people shocked that a HD port of an 18 year old PS2 game doesn't look too great today?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a PS2 game in HD. Exactly what I expected, why are others so surprised and disgusted, lol?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ehm, why did you thought I was being critical of the Switch?

I was clearly reacting to the Screenshots, which look less than flattering. And even if it's a PS2 port, a few better textures would have done wonders. This is literally a PS2 game upscaled to 1080p.

Yeah, of course. It's from the same collection that we've got on PS3, 360, PS4 and One, duh. Why would I expected different textures in comparison to the other collections, specially on the Switch, lol.

I don't understand the reactions here.