• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm going to put everything in spoilers just to be safe even though it isn't that major, PLEASE DO NOT Accidentally SPOIL THINGS. The leaker refused to tell any major spoilers for the story, but this is what he gave us.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/a4wdnl/never_forgotten/?st=jpineko9&sh=a4380af2
The proof, Patty from TATS has been canonised :) (Her and Dante's brother-sister relationship was the best part of it for me, so i'm glad she isn't forgotten.
gfhoyqtotg321.png

"Close view to Hell Pride aka Hell Caina in DMC5 https://ibb.co/PhbC89M
>! Manjin DT Dante form is actually named as Sin Devil Trigger !<
The microtransaction flame is bullshit - grinding orbs is the same as it was in DMC3-4. That guy completed alpha on normal and it was enough orbs to unlock the biggest part of moves despite the fact he did not completed all secret missions. But still he considers that you need to collect less blue orbs fragments in alpha as it would be in final release.
There is no backtracking as it was in DMC4. BTW he mentioned that it is level where you kill previous bosses as it was in DMC3-4.
Each mission has its own playable characters, if they are not in the list, you cannot play them in the certain mission. As example, V is not available to complete Goliath mission.
Each character has its own set of bosses. There is only one location where 2 characters kill a bunch of demons which is like a boss fight. That mission includes 2 entry cutscenes for each character (but generally they are the same).
Locations to be in the game: the city, tree's inside, the top of the tree and one very important location (he refused to give info about it not to spoiler the game). He was not really impressed with the locations though (but he has the same opinion about every DMC location).
DMC5 appears to be approximately the same length as it was DMC3.
Sadly there is no option to walk free in Devil May Cry agency, only cutscenes. That Patty info's image is in gallery."

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Just letting everyone to aside from the Picture attached to take the text with a BIG GRAIN of salt...

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"As example, V is not available to complete Goliath mission. "

He is literally seen fighting Goliath though

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
11 years after the anime first aired, Patty is official game canon.

339149003637915681.png

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm gonna say is that V has a shit design. And also, fuck V.
False.
He rocks those sandals like no other.

Also shit animation as well.
Watching the trailer, I can't tell if he is a crippled or just like to walk super awkwardly and slow like a grandpa.
Ain't nobody got time for that shit in an action game.
He can run, it's just his lock on animation.
He also has a cane, so I assume he's somewhat crippled.
The animations are good at conveying all of this I think.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
That new location should be
the demon world! What else? :P something related to Sparda . Patty! She should appear in DMC VI or the new Netflix 'anime

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to put everything in spoilers just to be safe even though it isn't that major, PLEASE DO NOT Accidentally SPOIL THINGS. The leaker refused to tell any major spoilers for the story, but this is what he gave us.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/a4wdnl/never_forgotten/?st=jpineko9&sh=a4380af2
The proof, Patty from TATS has been canonised :) (Her and Dante's brother-sister relationship was the best part of it for me, so i'm glad she isn't forgotten.
gfhoyqtotg321.png

Sadly there is no option to walk free in Devil May Cry agency, only cutscenes. That Patty info's image is in gallery."
This is awesome. I agree, Patty was great, as were her interactions with Dante. Cool that they at least reference her like this. Almost definitely won't happen but hearing them banter again one more time would be fun.

11 years after the anime first aired, Patty is official game canon.

339149003637915681.png
Good stuff :)

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was always supposed to be canon. I heard
Morrison appears in the game

Plus nothing really happens that contradicts anything, Trish and Lady met

Morrison isn't a leak though. He's confirmed to be the black dude in the first trailer. So two characters from the anime.. Interesting.

May 26, 2018
Ha! Sin Devil Trigger! That's amazing, because... you know... in Japanese it would be Shin Devil Trigger

It's so obvious that I'm sure its been done in other anime or game series, but it's sure fun here

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Anime confirmed canon.
The anime has always been canon, unfortunately. Lady and Trish meet for the first time and Morrison is in DMCV (tho he was white in the anime), and now Patty. Basically, you gotta force yourself through that 4 and a half hours to get the most out of the DMC story. Then again, maybe you'll be better off if you don't cause some absurd shit happens in that anime that knowing it actually happened in that world can make things seem uncool.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
gotta be honest i never did finish that anime from yeeeeeeears ago when i tried to get into it
so i guess im gonna have to try again now